Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:35 am
Jovocop wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:58 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:35 pm
Jovocop wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:18 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:13 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 am 0 goals 0 assists in 4 games, minus 5, and now on IR 7-10 days with UBI. Are you picking Nolan Patrick over Elias Pettersson?
Olaf has 1 assist and is -6 in the AHL. Are you still picking him 5Th overall in 2016?
Are you really comparing points between a forward and defenseman?
Nope... but are you picking Olaf ahead of Sergachev, Chychrun or MacAvoy?

They are all d men Einstein
Hmm, let me see. You are pissed I called you out for comparing a defenseman to a forward. Instead you switched and talked about other defensemen. Let me ask you a question, would you pick Patrick ahead of Pettersson and Boeser? They are all forwards as well, Mr. Whoever you think you are!
You called out fuck all. Show me where I compared Olaf to a forward
I started it with Patrick the bust then you followed that up with Olaf? Just a shot in the dark, could be wrong
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

olpaddy wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:35 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:08 am 0 goals 0 assists in 4 games, minus 5, and now on IR 7-10 days with UBI. Are you picking Nolan Patrick over Elias Pettersson?
Olaf has 1 assist and is -6 in the AHL. Are you still picking him 5Th overall in 2016?
the guy that shoulda been picked from LONDON would be playing on a line with Pettersson woulda introduced himself to Matheson in a fashion either legally or illegally and either way I woulda been happy with that going forward that a linemate riding shotgun has his back...
I’ve already stated that Benning and his staff made a mistake, but hey is this something new? The Flyers selected Patrick instead of Heiskanen or Pettersson. Arizona selected Strome instead of Marner. Oilers selected the special needs inbred Puljiarvi instead of Tkachuk.... on and on on and on and on it goes. You win some you lose some. That being said, Ollie will still be a player, all is not lost.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:21 am

Hmm, let me see. You are pissed I called you out for comparing a defenseman to a forward. Instead you switched and talked about other defensemen. Let me ask you a question, would you pick Patrick ahead of Pettersson and Boeser? They are all forwards as well, Mr. Whoever you think you are!
I started it with Patrick the bust then you followed that up with Olaf? Just a shot in the dark, could be wrong
Yes you said are you still picking Patrick # 1? I said are you still picking Olaf at 5? Then Jovocop comes barging in and saying I compared Olaf’s stats to a forward which I didn’t. He reads like you do. That said sure I’d take Tkachuk ahead of him and about a dozen other players too
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:33 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:21 am

That said sure I’d take Tkachuk ahead of him and about a dozen other players too
Quick, change the subject to Tkachuk from comparing Ollie to Patrick

Blobbee going down in backpedaling flames once again.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How am I backpedaling? I could point out that in addition to Patrick, you wrote off Tavares, Hall and Mackinnon. Now it looks like you are going to do the same with McDavid too. Hilarious :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:54 am How am I backpedaling? I could point out that in addition to Patrick, you wrote off Tavares, Hall and Mackinnon. Now it looks like you are going to do the same with McDavid too. Hilarious :lol:
....and he keeps guiding our attentions away from comparing Olaf’s stats to a forward
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:58 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:54 am How am I backpedaling? I could point out that in addition to Patrick, you wrote off Tavares, Hall and Mackinnon. Now it looks like you are going to do the same with McDavid too. Hilarious :lol:
....and he keeps guiding our attentions away from comparing Olaf’s stats to a forward
Please provide proof where I have done this
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:01 am
Your immediate response to me bringing up Nolan “injury prone” Patrick, one of your favourites, terrible stats 0,0,0 and a minus 5 in 4 games, your response was - Olaf’s stats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I heard, Matheson will have a phone hearing and that it is a first offense.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:12 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:01 am
Your immediate response to me bringing up Nolan “injury prone” Patrick, one of your favourites, terrible stats 0,0,0 and a minus 5 in 4 games, your response was - Olaf’s stats.
I merely posted Olaf’s stats and asked if you were still picking him at 5. There was no comparison of stats to a forward whatsoever. I brought up those other guys because you were quick to write each and every one of them off like you seem to be doing with Patrick and now McDavid
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Your post was a response to my Patrick post. A proper comparable would have been Petterson’s stats
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

My post was merely a question similar to your own. You and one of your running mates took offence to my question and twisted it into a knot similar to what Doc does. There is NO comparison of Olaf’s stats to a forwards yet you and your guy have said multiple times I did this.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sens coach confirms that Brady Tkachuk will be out about a month with a torn ligament in his leg
he's 196 pounds, not a skinny dude.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Does Staples sell copier fluid? I got an invite to Jordan Tootoo's retirement bash.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The rest of Canada’s hate on for all things Canucks has moved in from the Sedin slagging to the now Pettersson slagging. Everybody runs to Gaudreau’s defence after the MacAvoy hit (no small man, small neck card was brought out like it was for Pettersson as to why he was hurt. Must be a general dislike for Swedish players by the rest of Canada unless you are Salming or Sundin, I suppose.

Green should stop being a twat and remove the ever so useless Eriksson from Petterson’s wing and put Roussel there, he really can’t be any worse than Eriksson. Nobody can.