Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 am Interesting that you rate them as equals. One guy is playing in the nhl at 19 whereas the other guy wasn’t close
Playing in the NHL, getting healthy scratched, and getting sent down at 19. Yawn fart.

2 years of the ELC burnt for 13 goals. That reduces his value relative to Olli, imo.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

ESQ wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:09 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 am Interesting that you rate them as equals. One guy is playing in the nhl at 19 whereas the other guy wasn’t close
Playing in the NHL, getting healthy scratched, and getting sent down at 19. Yawn fart.

2 years of the ELC burnt for 13 goals. That reduces his value relative to Olli, imo.
Fair point, there. Pool-party may yet blossom but he hasn't progressed like Laine, Matthews or even Dubois, so I would put him in the same category as Olli.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Oh I’m not saying he’s been handled correctly but at least he can crack an nhl roster. Juolevi was nowhere close in October. Poolparty has 12 goals in 64 games. Not horrible for a 19 year old kid
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

According to Buck, Olli will never be equal to that of Puljiarvu because Puljiarvi is currently playing in the NHL and Olli isn't. Same applies to Patrick vs Pettersson. Buck Logic.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:42 am

Oh I’m not saying he’s been handled correctly but at least he can crack an nhl roster. Juolevi was nowhere close in October. Poolparty has 12 goals in 64 games. Not horrible for a 19 year old kid
In a redraft Buck, where you drafting that " "splendid" player - Pool Party?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ahead of Olaf
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

You realize a lot of players are not ready at 19 right? The majority of young players get better with age and development time.

puljujarvi is also a pretty big fella so he can play sooner, also helps he gets to shine beside Leon Draisaitl and sometimes with superstar McDavid. And it's not like he's been dominant, a lot of Oiler fans want to trade him for a better winger for McDavid, and he only has 12 goals in such a lucrative winger spot.
Jesse Puljujarvi hasn’t been particularly productive thanks to skating just 14:02 per game with minimal PP time but the exposure he’s getting alongside Connor McDavid is encouraging. I suspect Puljujarvi’s shot rate will continue to soar if he sticks on McDavid’s wing, as it’s the most lucrative spot in pro hockey. Eventually, Puljujarvi will displace Mark Letestu in the Alex-Ovechkin-spot on the Oilers’ top PP unit, which will turn him into a 30-goal threat at the very least.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/20- ... rvi-boost/
Anyways it would be great if Juolevi can play with someone like Carlson, that would form a strong dynamic combo moving forward, but for next year I see him starting on the bottom pairing with Gudbranson, cue *Drake* started from the bottom now he here ...w/Carlson. ok that was lame.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:19 am Ahead of Olaf
Never mind Olli. Where you taking him? What spot in the order. What's your order?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:22 am
You realize a lot of players are not ready at 19 right? The majority of young players get better with age and development time.

puljujarvi is also a pretty big fella so he can play sooner, also helps he gets to shine beside Leon Draisaitl and sometimes with superstar McDavid. And it's not like he's been dominant, a lot of Oiler fans want to trade him for a better winger for McDavid, and he only has 12 goals in such a lucrative winger spot.
Jesse Puljujarvi hasn’t been particularly productive thanks to skating just 14:02 per game with minimal PP time but the exposure he’s getting alongside Connor McDavid is encouraging. I suspect Puljujarvi’s shot rate will continue to soar if he sticks on McDavid’s wing, as it’s the most lucrative spot in pro hockey. Eventually, Puljujarvi will displace Mark Letestu in the Alex-Ovechkin-spot on the Oilers’ top PP unit, which will turn him into a 30-goal threat at the very least.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/20- ... rvi-boost/
Anyways it would be great if Juolevi can play with someone like Carlson, that would form a strong dynamic combo moving forward, but for next year I see him starting on the bottom pairing with Gudbranson, cue *Drake* started from the bottom now he here ...w/Carlson. ok that was lame.

I was responding to ESQ PRESENTLY rating them as equal prospects. I disagree.

Furthermore you realize that in recent history a vast majority of top 5 picks are playing in the NHL and making a decent impact within two years of being drafted, right ?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:12 am If Poolparty is a mid level prospect, what is Juolevi?
A potential top-pairing NHL defenceman... according to YOU.

Or not... depending on what you are drinking at any particular moment. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Not NHL related but....

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Friday, April 6, 2018 9:11PM EDT
Last Updated Friday, April 6, 2018 9:46PM EDT
Multiple people are dead after a bus carrying a junior hockey team to a game in Saskatchewan collided with a transport truck on a rural highway, according to RCMP.
RCMP have confirmed “fatalities” and a number of injuries in the crash involving the Humboldt Broncos team bus. Officials have not confirmed the number of dead and injured.
The team is part of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, which is open to players 20 years or younger.
PHOTOS
RCMP Saskatchewan generic
The crash occurred about 30 kilometres north of Tisdale, Sask. Traffic in the area is expected to be delayed for several hours, RCMP said.
Two air ambulance helicopters were dispatched to the scene, a spokesperson from STARS Ambulance told CTV News. The two aircraft flew in from Regina and Saskatoon.

The Nipawin Hawks were scheduled to play the team Friday night, but confirmed that the game has been cancelled due to the crash.

Thoughts and prayers!!
The only HW the Canucks need
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:52 pm Not NHL related but....

CTVNews.ca Staff
Multiple people are dead after a bus carrying a junior hockey team to a game in Saskatchewan collided with a transport truck on a rural highway, according to RCMP.
RCMP have confirmed “fatalities” and a number of injuries in the crash involving the Humboldt Broncos team bus. Officials have not confirmed the number of dead and injured.
The team is part of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, which is open to players 20 years or younger.
PHOTOS
The crash occurred about 30 kilometres north of Tisdale, Sask. Traffic in the area is expected to be delayed for several hours, RCMP said.
Two air ambulance helicopters were dispatched to the scene, a spokesperson from STARS Ambulance told CTV News. The two aircraft flew in from Regina and Saskatoon.

The Nipawin Hawks were scheduled to play the team Friday night, but confirmed that the game has been cancelled due to the crash.

Thoughts and prayers!!
I know people on this bus, it’s not looking good.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Damn....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Can't stand the saying - "Thoughts and Prayers"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:31 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:52 pm Not NHL related but....

CTVNews.ca Staff
PHOTOS

Thoughts and prayers!!
I know people on this bus, it’s not looking good.
Sorry to hear this.
____
Try to focus on someday.