Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Blobs definition of soft - if you are not rock em sock em like his hero - Ryan Clowe - your soft
Whatever blows your skirt up dude . Your point makes as much sense as you constantly bringing up Keith Ballard and David Booth to rationalize all of Bennings blunders .
It was that or bringing up your love for Tom Sestito and his valuable 3 mins of ice time a game. But it wasn't about his limited ice time. He was there to scare people only as he was pretty fucking useless at everything else
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Topper wrote:Yet Benning is criticized for having the Canucks near the cap.......LOL.
I see Benning being criticized for signing poor players to bad contracts .

I had to laugh when Ignitowski said that Sutter has a real edge to his game. He is basically as physical as Mason Raymond . A puff of smoke in a uniform .
Among our forwards Sutter would have been 3rd behind only Dorsett and Kassian in hits last year, and blocked more shots than any of them other than Bonino (oh the irony there). He would have ranked 3rd in takeaways, and 2nd in FO%.

Mason Raymond had 7 hits and 13 blocks in 57 games last year.

Speaking of puffs..... :mex:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I've read that the Pens hits guys are quite liberal with their calculations, Max Lapierre racked up 105 in 35 games in Pittsburgh, but only 48 in 45 games in St Louis. Kris Letang would've been top-2 most physical on our back-end, and apparently Crosby had 66 hits, FFS.

Anyways, with the team of whipped butter we're icing in our top-9, Sutter will look like Clutterbuck out there.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:I've read that the Pens hits guys are quite liberal with their calculations, Max Lapierre racked up 105 in 35 games in Pittsburgh, but only 48 in 45 games in St Louis. Kris Letang would've been top-2 most physical on our back-end, and apparently Crosby had 66 hits, FFS.

Anyways, with the team of whipped butter we're icing in our top-9, Sutter will look like Clutterbuck out there.
That sounds like an interesting article regarding the Pens Hits. You mind linking it? I'd like to read it as well
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:I've read that the Pens hits guys are quite liberal with their calculations, Max Lapierre racked up 105 in 35 games in Pittsburgh, but only 48 in 45 games in St Louis. Kris Letang would've been top-2 most physical on our back-end, and apparently Crosby had 66 hits, FFS.

Prust, Dorsett, Hansen, Burrows, Kenins, Sbisa, Edler are whipped butter? Hamhius can throw a pretty good hit. Throw in Virtanen and Cassels maybe, we ain't exactly soft in the hit department

At least we ousted a couple of softies in Mathhias and Bonino. That alone makes us a thousand times better in the grit department. Bieksa is old and done Kassian is s shirty hitter as he thinks he's Mario Lemieux not to mention he's too lazy to play like Kenins
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:

That sounds like an interesting article regarding the Pens Hits. You mind linking it? I'd like to read it as well
I think it's pretty common knowledge that "real time stats" like hits, takeaways, etc are highly variable from building to building. Hell, the NHL tacitly admits it by publishing teams home/road differentials:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?fetchKey= ... lTimeStats

That said the claim about the Penguins isn't really borne out in the numbers.. that could be because they are legitimately one of the most physical teams in the league, or maybe they are one of only a few teams that don't change their style of play on the road, or maybe it's because they happen to play a lot of road games in buildings with stat-happy counters. If memory serves the Islanders and Hurricanes are often pretty inflated as well.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So Sutter IS softer than Bonino? Awful trade, Benning, JUST AWFUL! What were you thinking?I want Bonino's marshmellow grit that we saw against the Flames instead of Brent Matthias Sutter
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I just want to see the season start as the proof is in the pudding.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:So Sutter IS softer than Bonino? Awful trade, Benning, JUST AWFUL! What were you thinking?I want Bonino's marshmellow grit that we saw against the Flames instead of Brent Matthias Sutter
Jesus, what are you even saying?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:

Prust, Dorsett, Hansen, Burrows, Kenins, Sbisa, Edler are whipped butter? Hamhius can throw a pretty good hit. Throw in Virtanen and Cassels maybe, we ain't exactly soft in the hit department
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ohhhhh sorry IN, you are like Blobby Rock Em Sock Em old time hockey. It's more than just hitting, its the ability to go toe to toe with the Colton Orrs of the league.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Ohhhhh sorry IN, you are like Blobby Rock Em Sock Em old time hockey. It's more than just hitting, its the ability to go toe to toe with the Colton Orrs of the league.
Uhhhh yeah that's my position . Have another Pilsner dude . :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

So it's safe to assume that IN is either suffering from selective memory or simply yet, did not watch the Flames series. Nothing else can explain why he misses Mr. Pillow Soft Compete level - Bonino and that he neglects to mention that Hansen was pretty much the only forward, along with Burrows that showed any push back compete against the Flames in the Playoffs. Woops, sorry I forgot, Hansen is not a good ole Canadian kid like the big softie Shawn Matthias.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Ohhhhh sorry IN, you are like Blobby Rock Em Sock Em old time hockey. It's more than just hitting, its the ability to go toe to toe with the Colton Orrs of the league.
Uhhhh yeah that's my position . Have another Pilsner dude . :roll:
C'mon Blobby, you voiced quite loudly your displeasure over the mistreatment of your boi, Mr 3 mins per game of ice time - Tom Sestito got here last year from WD and Benning. You love the Colton Orrs and the McGrattons goons who no longer exist
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You need to lay off the rock dude . Sestito was a bum .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”