Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What a fucking joke, rewarding incompetence with McDavid. 4th first overall pick in last 6 drafts, the other two were a 3rd and a 7th. Way to go Edmonton, you reeeeeeeeally deserve another 1st overall. Worst outcome possible. What's worse is their 2nd pick is higher than our first not to mention our best players are in their mid 30's. Whoa is me
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:What a fucking joke, rewarding incompetence with McDavid. 4th first overall pick in last 6 drafts, the other two were a 3rd and a 7th. Way to go Edmonton, you reeeeeeeeally deserve another 1st overall.
:lol: Dude, you have said before they will be the rise of a dynasty...maybe now you'll finally be right...for once...

McJesus gonna save that deadbeat town! (now fire the GM! :evil: )

:roll:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

herb wrote:Here's hoping the McJesus hype is misguided...
Chances are? Zero to none
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Pretty much the worst outcome, yeah. Buffalo would have been great for us. McDavid could've terrorized the leaves for years and obviously won't have been out west.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:What a fucking joke, rewarding incompetence with McDavid. 4th first overall pick in last 6 drafts, the other two were a 3rd and a 7th. Way to go Edmonton, you reeeeeeeeally deserve another 1st overall.
:lol: Dude, you have said before they will be the rise of a dynasty...maybe now you'll finally be right...for once...

McJesus gonna save that deadbeat town! (now fire the GM! :evil: )

:roll:
I'm really happy for Edmonton. They've won 4 Stanley Cups, or is it 5? We have None, and we've been in the league longer and we've never tanked. If there is a team that deserves McDavid its Vancouver
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Throw in Nurse, McDavid, Draisaitl and Pittsburghs 1st overall, I wonder if the Oilers 4th rebuild in a row is over yet
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:Throw in Nurse, McDavid, Draisaitl and Pittsburghs 1st overall, I wonder if the Oilers 4th rebuild in a row is over yet
Is it possible they can screw this up?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

rats19 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Throw in Nurse, McDavid, Draisaitl and Pittsburghs 1st overall, I wonder if the Oilers 4th rebuild in a row is over yet
Yes.The kid did not look thrilled at all and it is really possible there may be another Lindros situation here. I sure hope so. To see those jerks get the most talented player in years really hurts. They have got to get D and a goalie so if Mactavish is smart he may parlay this luck into some real talent on the back end. They have the cap room. The only question is does he want to be known as the man who traded McDavid, so I think not. They will just score a couple more a game and continue to lead the NHL in goals given up and back-end ineptitude.

I call upon all the hockey spirits to make them trade him. They do not deserve him. He is the real deal, but without back-up talent he could end up like Crosby, the man he mostly compared to, and struggle to make the playoffs.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

herb wrote:What....the....funk...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What....the ....funk.....Herb. Great name by the by.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

damonberryman wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Yes.The kid did not look thrilled at all and it is really possible there may be another Lindros situation here. I sure hope so. To see those jerks get the most talented player in years really hurts. They have got to get D and a goalie so if Mactavish is smart he may parlay this luck into some real talent on the back end. They have the cap room. The only question is does he want to be known as the man who traded McDavid, so I think not. They will just score a couple more a game and continue to lead the NHL in goals given up and back-end ineptitude.

I call upon all the hockey spirits to make them trade him. They do not deserve him. He is the real deal, but without back-up talent he could end up like Crosby, the man he mostly compared to, and struggle to make the playoffs.
They have Hall, RNH, Eberle, Yakapov, Daraisatl at forward and the Pens 1st pick which is in mid teens to trade for help on D or in goal, they also have Nurse coming on defence
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

damonberryman wrote:
rats19 wrote:

They could trade with Buffalo and take the Big D. Get Kane :D or take their goalie.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I guess if Pittsburgh can have Lemieux and Crosby in the same lifetime I guess it's only fair Edmonton should get Gretzky and Mcdavid...

Hopefully the cap, free agency and Kevin Lowe will conspire against any real success
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:I guess if Pittsburgh can have Lemieux and Crosby in the same lifetime I guess it's only fair Edmonton should get Gretzky and Mcdavid...

Hopefully the cap, free agency and Kevin Lowe will conspire against any real success
I agree, they deserve their 4th first overall in last 6 drafts, they deserve the next superstar to help them win more Cups. It's been far too long since the Cups Gretzky and Messiet won them
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I thought Edmonton was going to be really good . What happened ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I thought Edmonton was going to be really good . What happened ?
Give it a couple years when the Sedins have retired and Connor is 21
years old around there. I'm not worried though, we have Zack Kassian once the Twins are done
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.