Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Word around is Vegas has already reached out to him. McPhee wants a seasoned coach and the sooner the better, before the expansion draft.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:Word around is Vegas has already reached out to him. McPhee wants a seasoned coach and the sooner the better, before the expansion draft.
And a far better situation for Julien, according to Bubbles. Coaching a first year expansion teams, nice. :lol:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:Word around is Vegas has already reached out to him. McPhee wants a seasoned coach and the sooner the better, before the expansion draft.
McPhee is a solid GM. It won't take him long to build up that squad.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
McPhee is a solid GM. It won't take him long to build up that squad.
The same guy who traded Filip Forsberg for Martin Erat. C'mon Bubbles. Forsberg 15 goals 18 assists 22 years old. Erat last played in the NHL in 2014-15 season for the Coyotes. Nice one McPhee.

Erat played a total of 62 games with the Capitals amassing a whopping 2 goals and 25 assists. Forsberg has scored 73 goals and added 91 assists for the Predators since that trade.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Look at the rest of the team Einstein
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Look at the rest of the team Einstein
I must admit the Marcus Johansson pick was a brilliant pick by McPhee right after Gillis selected Smurfette - Jordan Schroeder.

Benning In 3 drafts, to name a few

Juolevi - 5th Overall
Virtanen - 6th Overall
McCann - 24th Overall - Key in getting us the 24 year old Gudbranson
Boeser - 23rd overall
Demko - 36th Overall
Lockwood - 64th Overall
Brisebios - 66th Overall
Tryamkin - 66th Overall
Gaudette - 149th Overall

Gillis in 6 drafts - Bo Horvat (thanks to Nonis drafting Schneider) only. Turned our 10th overall pick - Hodgson into the drunk coke head, AHL'er - Kassian, when he could have drafted Eric Karlsson instead.

The merry rest

Gaunce - 1st round pick
Jensen - 1st round pick
Shrunkcarrot - 1st round pick
Schroeder the shrimp - first round pick
Traded a 1st for Buyout when Kusnetzov, Coyle and Brock Nelson were still on the board.

2nd rounder beauts - Mallet, Sauve and Rodin. Traded the other 3 away.

Just awful averages for the 1st and 2nd rounds.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sigh....... this is about McPhee
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Sigh....... this is about McPhee
Lol Dude did Gillis tell you to fuck off when you asked for an autograph or something? Wheres all this anger come from?
Show us on the doll where he touched you
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Lol Dude did Gillis tell you to fuck off when you asked for an autograph or something? Wheres all this anger come from?
I do this because of Bubbles and IslandFarms mad man-crush for Gillis and mad Hate-on for Benning. That's all
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I am not the one bringing up Gillis every other post. Fuck I may as well complain about Jake Milford and Jack Gordon and all of their horrible moves. Any chance you get to take a dump in a thread you do it.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
I do this because of Bubbles and IslandFarms mad man-crush for Gillis and mad Hate-on for Benning. That's all
You do this because you have Asperger's and tremendous difficulty in social interactions, hence your need to scream the same point over and over again instead of acting like an adult.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
You do this because you have Asperger's and tremendous difficulty in social interactions, hence your need to scream the same point over and over again instead of acting like an adult.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
SKYO wrote:Well Julien and Benning have a good repertoire connection.
12 Feb 2015

Julien on Benning - "The one thing that I can say about him is how calm he is, never panics. Sees the game extremely well." #Bruins
All it would take is the Aquiliinis deep pockets to offer him a Mike Babcock contract.
Maybe he doesn't want to come to a hockey hotbed where the team is brutal and the prospect pipeline is razor thin.
Well...$6.25m per year and all of a sudden 'it's a good challenge' ala babcock on that turd of a team when he signed in Toronto.

Plus never underestimate the power of a good relationship with the GM as well.
$$$$$$$ You nailed it Skyo. Exactly.
The Aquas have, like they said they would, been silent for over 30 months. I didn't think they would be able to, but none the less, it would make me feel a little more secure, at this point, if we heard they were willing to flip the bill, no matter how high, to bring in Benning's friend.
Would show me they are not contemplating selling soon...
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is AssBurgers an affliction associated to those who constantly bitch over and over about the same things regarding Benning, or is this just a convenient Gillis thang?

Personally I think IslandFarms theory is baseless and is now resorting to lowly ad hominems. "So sad"- The Donald
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Who was it that came up with the conspiracy theory that McPhee was the one who pissed off Bure and drove him away?

Never looked at him the same after reading that...

link