Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Tciso »

herb wrote:Sounds like Backes got another concussion last night.

Approximately half of the Columbus Blue Jackets are injured.

Cory Schneider was pulled again last night. His stat line is quickly looking really bad...3.15GAA and .901SV%. The Devils still owe Schneider $46.5M over the next eight seasons and the fan base is already turning on him. Yikes.
the fans should be turning on management. they have a pile of crap in front of Schneids. Too bad for him.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Topper wrote:
herb wrote:It's not unusual for the abused to defend the abuser in these domestic abuse cases...
You say Jian I say Jannay
Are you suggesting that things just got a bit ghomeshi in the relationship?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rayxor wrote:
Topper wrote:
herb wrote:It's not unusual for the abused to defend the abuser in these domestic abuse cases...
You say Jian I say Jannay
Are you suggesting that things just got a bit ghomeshi in the relationship?
Ghomae and Rice for the Japanese Popeye pressing a little Olive Oil
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

sooooooo profound & deep :roll:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Backes and Oshie both out with concussions for St Louis.

Backes has had three diagnosed concussions in under a year...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Backes and Oshie both out with concussions for St Louis.

Backes has had three diagnosed concussions in under a year...
Wow. Tough luck for the Blues. Gotta wonder how long Backes can keep playing for. He needs to take the rest of the year off and come back strong next season, if he can.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Sabres get one right, return Reinhart to juniors. Why rush him when he clearly isn't ready, burn a year on his ELC unnecessarily and destroy his confidence. I saw him play a couple of times and although it is early I wasn't impressed. It seemed clear he needed more time in junior.

Kinda surprised the Oil kept Draisattl (sp). Thought he should be returned as well. Oil just keep their you gins and hope. Although this could be the yeR they make the playoffs.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Sabres get one right, return Reinhart to juniors. Why rush him when he clearly isn't ready, burn a year on his ELC unnecessarily and destroy his confidence. I saw him play a couple of times and although it is early I wasn't impressed. It seemed clear he needed more time in junior.

Kinda surprised the Oil kept Draisattl (sp). Thought he should be returned as well. Oil just keep their you gins and hope. Although this could be the yeR they make the playoffs.
Draisaitl was kept because the Oilers don't care about the year on his ELC, they care about game 39 and whether or not they burn a year of his RFA eligibility. Most teams wouldn't think this way, but since the Oilers sent Gagner to Arizona their depth at center goes.....

Nugent-Hopkins
Draisaitl
Arcobello
Gordon

I've read a few articles that refer to Arcobello has being AHL ready but not NHL ready. So, pull Draisaitl out and the Oilers are screwed. It's all about their lack of depth and inability to attract talent.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:Sabres get one right, return Reinhart to juniors. Why rush him when he clearly isn't ready, burn a year on his ELC unnecessarily and destroy his confidence. I saw him play a couple of times and although it is early I wasn't impressed. It seemed clear he needed more time in junior.

You bin drink'n HW? :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:

I hate ipad spell check. It's fricked up.

On another note, Lupal out 4-6 weeks. Broke his hand in practice.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mëds wrote: I've read a few articles that refer to Arcobello has being AHL ready but not NHL ready. So, pull Draisaitl out and the Oilers are screwed. It's all about their lack of depth and inability to attract talent.
Pretty much. He actually is their 2nd best centre, which is more a testament to their depth at that position vs. his skill level. I like the way he thinks the game, but I think he's a step behind and definitely could've used another year to work on his foot speed. The Oilers are really gambling that they don't push him too hard, too early.
Add to that the Sabres know they suck, and have no reason to keep him. They don't need him to sell tickets, they're in full-on tank mode and their fan base knows it. It's a smart, long-term move for them. They could feasibly have McDavid and Reinhart starting their ELC's in the same year.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Arachnid wrote:

I thought it was patch monkey speak.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

I hate ipad spell check. It's fricked up.

On another note, Lupal out 4-6 weeks. Broke his hand in practice.
Oh good, for a minute [mod edit]
:look:

That'd be like Topper go'n Veeeegun :lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Mëds wrote:

Draisaitl was kept because the Oilers don't care about the year on his ELC, they care about game 39 and whether or not they burn a year of his RFA eligibility. Most teams wouldn't think this way, but since the Oilers sent Gagner to Arizona their depth at center goes.....

Nugent-Hopkins
Draisaitl
Arcobello
Gordon

I've read a few articles that refer to Arcobello has being AHL ready but not NHL ready. So, pull Draisaitl out and the Oilers are screwed. It's all about their lack of depth and inability to attract talent.
So why trade Gagner for a winger then? Solid management.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Taylor Hall out 3-4 weeks with an MCL sprain.