Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by theman »

I know Buffalo probably wouldn't do that. But it is a reasonable proposal.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:36 am Lehner released by Buffalo. Anderson asks for trade out of Ottawa. Karlsson expecting a trade. Martin waived for purposes of a buyout by SJS.

Early housecleaning.
We should work on a package for Karlsson and Anderson. Include Markstrom or Nilsson their choice, Anderson would be a great vet for Demko to mentor with.

Karlsson, Andersson and Gaborik for 7OA 2018, 2nd 2019, Markstrom, Tanev, Gaudette, Hutton (whatever other prospect they want that aren't Bo, Boeser, Elias).
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

If Karlsson is the return, then I have zero problem with the 2019 1st bring in play.

Ottawa has no first next year, and desperately needs one. Canucks will at the very least vault out of the lottery, if not into the playoffs, with Karlsson.

I would also gladly take Anderson off their hands. He has 2-3 years left, which may make Demko expendable if JB has faith Dipietro.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

ESQ wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:16 am If Karlsson is the return, then I have zero problem with the 2019 1st bring in play.

Ottawa has no first next year, and desperately needs one. Canucks will at the very least vault out of the lottery, if not into the playoffs, with Karlsson.

I would also gladly take Anderson off their hands. He has 2-3 years left, which may make Demko expendable if JB has faith Dipietro.
If Anderson comes here, it’ll be Markstrom, not Demko, going the other way. Karlsson is a helluva haul, but no need to sacrifice Demko and other futures for him. Karlsson going from one rebuilding team to another makes little sense to anyone.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Kovalchuk to the Kings, 3-years $18.75M (6.25M cap hit).

35+ contract.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

JT’s agent informs Islanders that JT will take interviews. He has selected five teams. No release yet on who the teams are. Believe SJS and Toronto are two of the teams but not confirmed. SJS make a ton of sense. They can sign Thornton on a cap friendly deal with bonuses.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Apparently the leaves have put together a serious offer. They are the stealth team

I believe it’s between the Islanders, Sharks and leaves
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Major trade:

No picks involved, it's the five players: Lindholm and Hanifin for Hamilton, Ferland and Fox. As I reported yesterday, the negotiating meeting between Lindholm's agent and the Hurricanes did not go well, paving the way for this trade. From TSN
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gotta say, like this one for Calgary

Apparently Hamilton is an A-hole for a teammate. Fox a decent prospect, Ferland whatever. To get Lindholm and Hanafin for that? Not bad
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:50 am Major trade:

No picks involved, it's the five players: Lindholm and Hanifin for Hamilton, Ferland and Fox. As I reported yesterday, the negotiating meeting between Lindholm's agent and the Hurricanes did not go well, paving the way for this trade. From TSN
Thats quite the swap. Apparently listening to the fan 960 yesterday they were expecting that hamilton was on the block. Should be a good move for the lames
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Struggling to figure out who has the most confused management in the league -Ottawa or Carolina
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:09 am Gotta say, like this one for Calgary

Apparently Hamilton is an A-hole for a teammate. Fox a decent prospect, Ferland whatever. To get Lindholm and Hanafin for that? Not bad
It is a good return, both will need contracts. $4M bridge for each?
Last edited by Island Nucklehead on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:13 am Struggling to figure out who has the most confused management in the league -Ottawa or Carolina
Ottawa, ainec.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Fans at Cow Puke are crazy pissed. But I like this trade for Calgary. Fox already made it known he wasn’t going to sign in Calgary. And ya something is rotten with Hamilton, a real locker room problem. Ferland is past his expiry date with all those concussions.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I too think this is a good deal for Calgary. EL was a top 5 pick and can play both centre and wing. Hamilton was dealt outta Boston for a reason, and now he's been dumped by Calgary. Hanifin > Hamilton.

But it's good to hear the Cow fans are shittin. :devil: