Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rede
CC Veteran

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Rede »

You'd have to think with a new coach coming in that WPG stands pat for awhile and sees how things go under a new coach before trading away players like Kane (or Buff). Some things may change in WPG, especially if the coaches have similar assessments of the team and deficiencies, but I'm guessing that nothing major would be imminent...
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Rede wrote:You'd have to think with a new coach coming in that WPG stands pat for awhile and sees how things go under a new coach before trading away players like Kane (or Buff). Some things may change in WPG, especially if the coaches have similar assessments of the team and deficiencies, but I'm guessing that nothing major would be imminent...
Thats right. I suspect Kane will flourish under a new coach and will stay in WPG.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

okcanuck wrote:
Rede wrote:You'd have to think with a new coach coming in that WPG stands pat for awhile and sees how things go under a new coach before trading away players like Kane (or Buff). Some things may change in WPG, especially if the coaches have similar assessments of the team and deficiencies, but I'm guessing that nothing major would be imminent...
Thats right. I suspect Kane will flourish under a new coach and will stay in WPG.
I think it all depends on why he has been unhappy in Winnipeg. If he hates it there because he doesn't like living and playing in that city, then things are unlikely to improve for him. But chances are Cheveldayoff pulls a wait and see....
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
okcanuck wrote:
I think it all depends on why he has been unhappy in Winnipeg. If he hates it there because he doesn't like living and playing in that city, then things are unlikely to improve for him. But chances are Cheveldayoff pulls a wait and see....
Would you be happy living and playing in Winterpeg? It's almost as bad as existing in Regina Saskatoon.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Noel fired in Winterpeg. dominos I say, dominos.
Ex-Moose head coach, along with Carlyle, that was being groomed for the Vancouver bench.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Noel fired in Winterpeg. dominos I say, dominos.
That's the smart decision, see if the coach will help the team + they hope it helps Kane want to stay.

They moved Buff up front for a last ditch effort, if it doesn't work out he'll probably be dealt.

Buff, Wheeler, Seto, Stuart all probably will be dealt before Kane. :(

Except Evander will get them a heck of a lot in return to start a new foundation, instead of the mediocre players/picks they'll get in return for the aforementioned players.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If they decide that the playoffs are not in the cards I can see them moving some older or soon to be UFA players at the deadline where they will get a king's ransom. Moving Evander can be done in the off season as teams try to retool once again. But it depends upon how badly Kane wants out. I doubt he quits on his team but he does want out of Winnipeg. That of course could change if the right moves are made, a new coach is to his liking and the future starts to look better.

Speaking of BC boys guess which one has been heard to say he regrets his decision to sign with Edmonton.
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote: Speaking of BC boys guess which one has been heard to say he regrets his decision to sign with Edmonton.
Jason Labarbera? :lol:

Bad move Shultzy.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

It'll be interesting to see if Gary Lawless was far off from putting his finger on the problem with the Jets.. will the team look to change the dynamic by trading away one of the core vets either in the remainder of the season or (more likely) the offseason?

People are understandably gaga about Evander Kane but if the Jets decided it was time to move on from Andrew Ladd I would hope the Canucks at least kick the tires..
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Hank wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Speaking of BC boys guess which one has been heard to say he regrets his decision to sign with Edmonton.

Bad move Shultzy.
Hah, methinks Gretz and the boys will think twice next time Lowe asks for some outside persuasion.

Lowe has to go, there is absolutely no excuse for the mismanagement talent over the past several years there.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Hank wrote:

Bad move Shultzy.
Hah, methinks Gretz and the boys will think twice next time Lowe asks for some outside persuasion.

Lowe has to go, there is absolutely no excuse for the mismanagement talent over the past several years there.
Christ on a cross, NO! Keep him there in the name of all that's holy. I mean, watching the Oil fail is almost as much fun as watching the Canucks win. They can keep them Boys on the Bus over there. :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Lancer wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:Lowe has to go, there is absolutely no excuse for the mismanagement talent over the past several years there.
Christ on a cross, NO! Keep him there in the name of all that's holy. I mean, watching the Oil fail is almost as much fun as watching the Canucks win. They can keep them Boys on the Bus over there. :lol:
Calgary is looking for a GM
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:Calgary is looking for a GM
Lowe and Burke can go halfers on leasing a barn..
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Edmonton picked up Scrivens for a 3rd round pick. It might move the Oilers into 5th from last overall, but it doesn't fix their defense. But, does anyone else think that LA gave Scrivens away for pretty cheap???
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!