Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:10 pm Schenn in a 7 game series or tiny-turnover-troy? Ya no question what the right answer is there...
The answer is this guy

4g 4a 8pts

3,2,1... (a couple of posters here loses their shit... again) :wink:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Dougie Hamilton breaks his leg in unfortunate take-down. Pretty hard to watch but a reminder it's a fast game and any-time to any one. :(

Now confirmed a broken leg. Was going to the Allstar and having a tremendous year.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/new ... br8blfknbv
"evolution"
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:27 pm
rats19 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:21 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:51 pm Pearson will be gone after next season. They won’t be able to afford to keep him and there had better be young guys coming up to fill his top 6 position by then or this team is in big trouble.
Sky falls without Pearson... come on man :crazy:
Podkolzin will take that seat and you wont even remember Pearsons first name
what is Pearson’s first name ?

I knew a jay pearson once.. he was wheel chair bound and had a recordable vcr before they were a thing. He built a tidy basement business renting out movies to people. It got so big he actually got threatened with a law suit.

So that was cool
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hank wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:46 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:10 pm Schenn in a 7 game series or tiny-turnover-troy? Ya no question what the right answer is there...
The answer is this guy

4g 4a 8pts

3,2,1... (a couple of posters here loses their shit... again) :wink:
No no...hes headed to toilet with delzaster and fanoof to help with the 1st round exit policy they have over there
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:52 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:51 pm Pearson will be gone after next season. They won’t be able to afford to keep him and there had better be young guys coming up to fill his top 6 position by then or this team is in big trouble.

I knew a jay pearson once.. he was wheel chair bound and had a recordable vcr before they were a thing. He built a tidy basement business renting out movies to people. It got so big he actually got threatened with a law suit.

So that was cool
So you were making movies with jay pearson in his basement until the lawsuit?
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:06 pm Ship MacEwen back to Utica and carry 8 D. See if Schenn can still play. If he can’t waive him. Depth comes in handy sometimes.
The only way Rafferty gets a sniff this year is if a RS injury occurs. Now that he's had half a season in the AHL to adjust to the pro game, the Canucks will be more inclined to give him a shot if need be.
I liked Schenns game,and agree depth comes in handy,but would prefer Rafferty get his chance.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:58 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:06 pm Ship MacEwen back to Utica and carry 8 D. See if Schenn can still play. If he can’t waive him. Depth comes in handy sometimes.
The only way Rafferty gets a sniff this year is if a RS injury occurs. Now that he's had half a season in the AHL to adjust to the pro game, the Canucks will be more inclined to give him a shot if need be.
I liked Schenns game,and agree depth comes in handy,but would prefer Rafferty get his chance.
My thinking is that Edler and Tanev have gotten injured pretty frequently and having cheap experienced depth around isn’t a bad thing. And sending MacEwan back down so he can actually play hockey. Travis seems to get some sort of glee out of parking the guy every night.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:04 amTravis seems to get some sort of glee out of parking the guy every night.
It’s like Giggles and Keith Ballard all over again
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:43 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:04 amTravis seems to get some sort of glee out of parking the guy every night.
It’s like Giggles and Keith Ballard all over again
Not really. This is a young kid that is a late bloomer. Ballard was a veteran with a messed up groin/abdominal injury that should have been caught by Canucks medical staff before they traded for him. The guys career fell off a cliff. There is no parallel here whatsoever.

MacEwan needs to play. He’s played what... 1 game in Utica the last six weeks? It’s fucking ridiculous.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Coyotes already down 3 zip after one in coilerville.

Bad timing for a slump... theyre about to drop right out of the running unless they find their dinkies soon
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

If the Oil finishes them off, it's going to be 5 losses in the last 6 games for the desert dogs.

It's insane how tight the race is heading into the TDD. Every point counts.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Ottawa up 1-0 on Calgary early. If they can hold on and Edmonton holds on. Edmonton takes the lead in the division although they re tied in points wit the Flames and Yotes. Then if the Canucks can win tonight they’ll pass all three and go into their break in first in the Pacific. Hopefully they don’t get SHUTOUT tonight.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:36 pm Ottawa up 1-0 on Calgary early. If they can hold on and Edmonton holds on. Edmonton takes the lead in the division although they re tied in points wit the Flames and Yotes. Then if the Canucks can win tonight they’ll pass all three and go into their break in first in the Pacific. Hopefully they don’t get SHUTOUT tonight.
That would be insane!! Can you imagine the explosion of Benning hate over on that other board if the Canucks go into the break in first place? How can he not want to tank for a lottery pick? How can he give up a first this year when we are still rebuilding? Oh my they would go nuts. But if they don't end up in first going into the break they'll go nuts too.

Whats a SHUTOUT?
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:29 am
ukcanuck wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:52 am

So that was cool
So you were making movies with jay pearson in his basement until the lawsuit?
I heard they got all the way to "Gway Gwimps Gwone Gwild Part 7" before the lawsuit. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:45 pm That would be insane!! Can you imagine the explosion of Benning hate over on that other board if the Canucks go into the break in first place? How can he not want to tank for a lottery pick? How can he give up a first this year when we are still rebuilding? Oh my they would go nuts. But if they don't end up in first going into the break they'll go nuts too.
The key word here of course being "nuts". :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.