Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Habs have made a big offer to PK. 7.5 per for 7 years. May be enough to get it done. Will PK accept before his hearing tomorrow?
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

ESQ wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Strange, strange, organization.

Strong rumours this summer about the Leaves trying to trade all of these guys but not unless they get full value.

Not gonna happen.

On one hand they'll begrudgingly hang onto malcontents, but on the other hand they prefer Kessel Klubbers.
That's pretty classic Nonis, and to be fair was what we saw with Gillis the last 2 years.

Makes me even more grateful that Aquilini triggered a full regime change so that the shit could be cleaned out properly - had the leaves done that after Burke they'd be in a much better position, instead of sitting with a shittier, more useless version of Burke.

Cleaning house isn't easy, and Nonis has never demonstrated the stones to do make a big move. I don't see that changing.

This full house cleaning we have had is a breath of fresh air. It is playing out as promised. Linden the voice and face of the team, saying all the right things, making friends and being an overall nice guy. Benning making the moves, quickly, decisively, for better or worse, creating a vision. Willie, making the player rounds and getting ready for camp.

Our fall from grace was as quick as Ottawa's the year they went to the finals. They have been wallowing in mediocrity since. Let's hope our climb back to contender status doesn't take as long.

As for the leaves, hard to know what the plan is there, other than to just make the playoffs. If they stay relatively healthy and Bernier comes back as good or better than last year they should make the playoffs but they are no contender.a lot of unhappy players right now.
Betamax
CC Veteran

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote:PK Subban and the Habs not even in the same ballpark.

Subban is asking $8.5M. Canadiens are offering $5.25M and a one-year deal.
Those are just the numbers given to the arbitrator (on a one-year contract).

Just part of the negotiation process.

Everyone knows Subban will get 8 X $8m to $9m.
I wonder if tweets can, uhh, be used to argue PK's case:

via: https://twitter.com/kingsthings/statuse ... 4284547073
Larry King Verified account ‏@kingsthings

.@PKSubban1 @canadiensmtl is not only the best black player in #hockey, he might be the best player. What an incredible talent!

8:04 AM - 31 Jul 2014
:mex:
ClamRussel
CC Veteran

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:I wonder if tweets can, uhh, be used to argue PK's case:

.@PKSubban1 @canadiensmtl is not only the best black player in #hockey, he might be the best player. What an incredible talent!

Not when they are, uhh, delusional. :mex:
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Mr.Miyagi
CC Veteran

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Aounds like both sides are asking the arbitrator for a one-year deal. I am going out on a limb here but one year from today I cant see PK being a Canadien. The best thing Bergevin could have done is pock him up long term. He is worth a max contract as a UFA.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Betamax
CC Veteran

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think PK Subban would be in the mix for the top 10 list of best players in the NHL. He's a franchise type player both on the ice and off the ice.

To be honest, right now, if I was building a team, I'd even take him over Sidney Crosby, who is the best player in hockey when healthy. Why?

Because of Crosby's injury history and he's one bad play from calling it a career.

Now where he rates in terms of d-man, I think given age and ability and upside, only Doughty might be the player I'd take over him but I like Subban's personality better so ... I might just take him over Drew. LOL. Image
ClamRussel
CC Veteran

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think PK Subban would be in the mix for the top 10 list of best players in the NHL. He's a franchise type player both on the ice and off the ice.

To be honest, right now, if I was building a team, I'd even take him over Sidney Crosby, who is the best player in hockey when healthy. Why?

Because of Crosby's injury history and he's one bad play from calling it a career.

Now where he rates in terms of d-man, I think given age and ability and upside, only Doughty might be the player I'd take over him but I like Subban's personality better so ... I might just take him over Drew. LOL. Image
More delusions.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Betamax wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:

He's not even the best defenseman bro...

I'd take Shea Weber, Doughty, Keith, Chara, Karlsson and probably Petrangelo over him.

He is in there with Letang though. Top 10 d-man but not in the league...no way
If you need air...call it in
Betamax
CC Veteran

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:
Betamax wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:

More delusions.
Maybe you can add some, uhhhhhh, thought to your post .... then the weak responses you have been providing here lately. But I guess that's asking too much out of you, right? Image
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

So Habs increased offer to 8 years but the sides are said to be over 1 million apart. Habs are around the 7.5 range PK 8.5.

With the hearing over I wonder if the Habs blink because he didn't sound like PK was going to blink at all. Sounds like if he doesn't get his term and cap he will play it out until FA. Habs playing a dangerous game right now.
ClamRussel
CC Veteran

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:Maybe you can add some, uhhhhhh, thought to your post .... then the weak responses you have been providing here lately. But I guess that's asking too much out of you, right? Image
See what a UDL said above. I'd agree w/ that except for Chara who's on the downswing. Why don't you address his comment instead of your half-baked personal attack? You'll have to do better (declaring Subban as your #1 choice in the entire league + backing up that ludicrous tweet) to warrant a thoughtful response.
Betamax
CC Veteran

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:
Betamax wrote:Maybe you can add some, uhhhhhh, thought to your post .... then the weak responses you have been providing here lately. But I guess that's asking too much out of you, right? Image
See what a UDL said above. I'd agree w/ that except for Chara who's on the downswing. Why don't you address his comment instead of your half-baked personal attack? You'll have to do better (declaring Subban as your #1 choice in the entire league + backing up that ludicrous tweet) to warrant a thoughtful response.
Clam, what exactly was so ludicrous about the tweet by Larry King?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, It was kinda, black humor. Image
ClamRussel
CC Veteran

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:

Obviously you don't see it since you are in full agreement.
Betamax
CC Veteran

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:
Betamax wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:

Obviously you don't see it since you are in full agreement.
Obviously you don't know what you're writing about ............ You are asked a direct question and in your typical manner, you deflect and deflect fearing whatever you're going write is going to be deconstructed ........ Image
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, I think PK Subban would be in the mix for the top 10 list of best players in the NHL. He's a franchise type player both on the ice and off the ice.

Now where he rates in terms of d-man, I think given age and ability and upside, only Doughty might be the player I'd take over him but I like Subban's personality better so ... I might just take him over Drew. LOL.
Hmmm... so what do Mcguire, Subban, Schneider, Myers, Shinkaruk, and Hodgson all have in common?

ANSWER:

____
Try to focus on someday.