Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Benning traded for Dorsett instead of going after Thornton as a FA. I was worried when Thornton said he would love to play for Benning that Benning would be all over that. Now I'm thinking maybe he should have gone for Thornton instead of Dorsett.
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

A Hawks/Capitals Final would be some good hockey. As of now I think Chicago should be the favourite to do it again.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ladd traded back to Chicago!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ladd (36% retained) + Harrison + Fraser... FOR... Dano + 2016 1st + conditional pick.

conditional pick = 2018 3rd if Hawks win the Cup this year.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Jets continue to add to their impressive prospect pool. leaves will have a shitload of draft picks as well.

That pretty much eliminates Chicago as a trading partner. No first, no second.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Welcome to Canada, where its 7 NHL teams are nothing but a bunch of tankers and sellers.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Rumsfeld wrote: That pretty much eliminates Chicago as a trading partner. No first, no second.
Rumours swirling Hawks are still in on Hamhuis, and that the deal could be done pending NTC being waived.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: That pretty much eliminates Chicago as a trading partner. No first, no second.
Rumours swirling Hawks are still in on Hamhuis, and that the deal could be done pending NTC being waived.
Uhhhh. The Hawks have nothing to offer. Nick Schmaltz? Don't see it. He's Boesers centre in North Dakota but the dude is punier than Shinkaruk. He's listed at 5'-11" - 170b, another smallish centre? No thanks
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Uhhhh. The Hawks have nothing to offer. Nick Schmaltz? Don't see it. He's Boesers centre in North Dakota but the dude is punier than Shinkaruk. He's listed at 5'-11" - 170b
Pokka? 2017 1st?
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

RoyalDude wrote:Welcome to Canada, where its 7 NHL teams are nothing but a bunch of tankers and sellers.
To be fair the Canucks aren't tankers or sellers, they're dreamers.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
If that's the case we won't be seeing Hammer in uniform tonight.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Chicago's shot their bolt. They have nothing left to offer - especially for Hamhuis. Benning will have to look for another trade partner.

For all the talk of Chicago scouting Vrbata, now that they've traded for Ladd I wonder what the market looks like for Vrbata now? Gotta admit I'm not as optimistic on what return Benning could get for him now.

Chicago is all in for it now. They better cash in on cups now and the next couple of years because it will take amazing draft luck for them to get enough prospects from later picks to keep the momentum going.

...or they can just sign kids from the KHL and put them on the big squad right away. :?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

hawks had no room for Vrbata anyways in their deep roster.

I say Dallas swoops in with a decent offer for Hammer.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Lancer wrote:Chicago's shot their bolt. They have nothing left to offer - especially for Hamhuis. Benning will have to look for another trade partner.

For all the talk of Chicago scouting Vrbata, now that they've traded for Ladd I wonder what the market looks like for Vrbata now? Gotta admit I'm not as optimistic on what return Benning could get for him now.

Chicago is all in for it now. They better cash in on cups now and the next couple of years because it will take amazing draft luck for them to get enough prospects from later picks to keep the momentum going.

...or they can just sign kids from the KHL and put them on the big squad right away. :?
Yeah they've gotten three Cups and counting out of this core, I think they'll be able to look back without too much regret.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Oilers scratched Purcell tonight. Deal likely on the way.