Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ukcanuck »

vic wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:And then what? Next year they will be paying over 10 million per year on two goalies. Only works if they plan to trade Ward.
I could be wrong, but I think the "Schneider" remark was directed at me - as in what do Silent G, Schneider and Ballard have in common...

None of them are/were happy with the ice time AV was giving them and have had people call the organization to address the situation.
Do you have an overbearing father or mouthy agent too?
I'm thinking a good agent is never seen or heard in public, its like whining children...embarrassing
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Hamrlik on waivers.

Big contract but he gets picked up for sure.

Detroit ??
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Weiss out for the season. So much for him as an option for the 2nd line. :?

The bigger thing is if Florida was/is a shopper for Luongo, does this turn of events make them more or less of a buyer? At this point, you may as well mail in the season if you're Dale Tallon. Why trade for Luongo now? Even if Luongo's available at the draft, would Tallon be willing to part with his beloved prospects for a goalie he can bank on?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I don't see them making a Luongo trade now. The off season if they have more money who knows but it ain't gonna happen now. They got lucky last season and tried to run with it this season but came crashing down to earth.
The only HW the Canucks need
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I see Marc Staal got Mannied tonight.

Wear your visors kids!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Aaronp18 wrote:I see Marc Staal got Mannied tonight.

Wear your visors kids!
That was nasty. I sure hope he didn't get Mannied.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/vid ... 2340870757
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Aaronp18 wrote:I see Marc Staal got Mannied tonight.

Wear your visors kids!

Looks like it was pretty much directly to the eyeball and orbital bone.

Career ended.

Wonder what his brothers will do?

I have to laugh at guys like Bieksa and Garrison who wear mouth guards but no visor...their priorities sure are straight!

I get it that once upon a time it was a machismo thing to go without a visor, but Jesus Murphy is it stupid.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Like helmets. The players resisted and resisted. Even claiming it lessened endorsement opportunities because with the helmet they were not as easily recognizable. It had to be forced on them. I think visors will go the same way. All these guys grow up with face shield then visors so there is no legitimate excuse for not wearing one.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I was just going to post a similar picture, saw it on twitter.

Yeah, looks damn scary.

I used to hate visors because it felt like I was looking through a piece of cheap plexi but I finally went out and got myself a good one and I don't even notice it. They don't fog up, are scratch resistant and don't distort your vision anymore.

It just isn't worth it not to wear one.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I wear a freaking cage when I play.

I don't care if people think I look like a kid. Real teeth are awesome.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

herb wrote:I wear a freaking cage when I play.

I don't care if people think I look like a kid. Real teeth are awesome.
hmm .. ok .. I played in the 50's and 60's when no one wore protective face gear.
I still have my own teeth ( Got receipts to prove they are mine ) :lol:
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Lancer wrote:The bigger thing is if Florida was/is a shopper for Luongo, does this turn of events make them more or less of a buyer? At this point, you may as well mail in the season if you're Dale Tallon. Why trade for Luongo now? Even if Luongo's available at the draft, would Tallon be willing to part with his beloved prospects for a goalie he can bank on?
If they believe in Markstrom, there's probably not much use for them parting with assets to get Luongo (unless they think he's worth it on his own - face of the franchise and all that).. I'm sure there will be another Theodore-calibre goaltender in free agency they can scoop up who may or may not give them a good season next year, there's always one or two guys like that.

Or maybe Anaheim panics and dumps Hiller now that they're paying this Fasth kid, etc, etc.

That being said, if they do believe in Luongo's value maybe a dead last finish (and another chance at a couple of top shelf assets in the draft, maybe another pick or two out of the trade deadline) gives them a surplus of young players that gives them reason to believe they can part with a good young prospect they previously saw as untouchable..

If they're able to select MacKinnon or Nichushkin maybe one of Bjugstad or Shore seems a lot more expendable, or if they luck out and get Seth Jones maybe they look at moving Kulikov in the right trade. For that matter, if they finish up at the bottom of the standings their second round pick becomes similar in value to a first from say, Chicago who look like they will be drafting in the late 20s.

I guess my point is that if the Panthers want Luongo (and the Canucks don't want to take cap back) this gives them another couple of valuable assets, if they didn't really want Luongo outside of the chance he might fall into their lap then this probably removes any temptation they might have had to meet the Canucks halfway on a deal.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

dbr wrote:
Lancer wrote:The bigger thing is if Florida was/is a shopper for Luongo, does this turn of events make them more or less of a buyer? At this point, you may as well mail in the season if you're Dale Tallon. Why trade for Luongo now? Even if Luongo's available at the draft, would Tallon be willing to part with his beloved prospects for a goalie he can bank on?
If they believe in Markstrom, there's probably not much use for them parting with assets to get Luongo (unless they think he's worth it on his own - face of the franchise and all that).. I'm sure there will be another Theodore-calibre goaltender in free agency they can scoop up who may or may not give them a good season next year, there's always one or two guys like that.

Or maybe Anaheim panics and dumps Hiller now that they're paying this Fasth kid, etc, etc.

That being said, if they do believe in Luongo's value maybe a dead last finish (and another chance at a couple of top shelf assets in the draft, maybe another pick or two out of the trade deadline) gives them a surplus of young players that gives them reason to believe they can part with a good young prospect they previously saw as untouchable..

If they're able to select MacKinnon or Nichushkin maybe one of Bjugstad or Shore seems a lot more expendable, or if they luck out and get Seth Jones maybe they look at moving Kulikov in the right trade. For that matter, if they finish up at the bottom of the standings their second round pick becomes similar in value to a first from say, Chicago who look like they will be drafting in the late 20s.

I guess my point is that if the Panthers want Luongo (and the Canucks don't want to take cap back) this gives them another couple of valuable assets, if they didn't really want Luongo outside of the chance he might fall into their lap then this probably removes any temptation they might have had to meet the Canucks halfway on a deal.
After watching Ginger waving at pucks last night I am starting to wonder if the good thing of two number ones is going to change into the bad thing. Neither has looked sharp recently at times and I figure they are not getting to learn by playing multiple games and getting into a groove. At this point someone needs to go I think.