Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Brad Treliving makes another routine signing.

Calgary hit a homerun hiring this guy.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sam Bennett - superstar 4th overall pick. Blotto loves Bennett
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Brad Treliving makes another routine signing.

Calgary hit a homerun hiring this guy.
The hedgehog tugging at his sleeve is another matter
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Sam Bennett - superstar 4th overall pick. Blotto loves Bennett
He played 3rd line minutes and produced as a third line player. He has a lot of upside and projects to be a hard nosed top 6 forward on a good contract. I can see why you would hate him. More fluffy non contact guys like Sutter and Eriksson I guess. Bennett is 21 drafted in 2014. How's Vancouvers pick doing from the same draft ? You know , the "power forward" with no power , looks like Kid Rock, hangs with Biebs, puts up 3rd line AHL numbers and gets demolished by 165 lb Booby Farnham? Bennett put up better numbers in a better league with less ice time and actually tuned up a couple guys while Virtanen had his gloves welded on and played like a kitten. I can see why you hate Bennett.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
He played 3rd line minutes and produced as a third line player. He has a lot of upside and projects to be a hard nosed top 6 forward on a good contract. I can see why you would hate him. More fluffy non contact guys like Sutter and Eriksson I guess. Bennett is 21 drafted in 2014. How's Vancouvers pick doing from the same draft ? You know , the "power forward" with no power , looks like Kid Rock, hangs with Biebs, puts up 3rd line AHL numbers and gets demolished by 165 lb Booby Farnham? Bennett put up better numbers in a better league with less ice time and actually tuned up a couple guys while Virtanen had his gloves welded on and played like a kitten. I can see why you hate Bennett.

Give this round to Blob.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d261chT8TG8
Blasted, man. ;)
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: looks like Kid Rock
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ryan Ellis 4-6 months away from returning from off season knee surgery. Preds say he's too important to rush.

Let's trade them baby Subban now!! :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:Ryan Ellis 4-6 months away from returning from off season knee surgery. Preds say he's too important to rush.

Let's trade them baby Subban now!! :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: Very Good! Believe it or not, Ellis is only 1 inch taller and 7 pounds heavier.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Bountiful Blob Blows Bennett.

(and Bingo)

I can remember when Blobby loved the Canucks and hated the Flames!

Sure it's reversed and he just trolls Canuck boards now... but trust me folks!

Hey, lots of bandwagon fans dump their teams during rebuilds...

Farnham is 165? I thought he was 190. :?

And someone got "demolished" in this fight?

Only a Canuck-hating troll would turn a Bennett discussion into a Virtanen discussion.

Canucks held the 6th overall pick in that draft, Bennett went 4th overall...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote:And someone got "demolished" in this fight?
Interesting point. I've often wondered about this. Would someone with an interest in such things be willing to explain how hockey fights are scored ? I mean, beyond knockouts -- those I get.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Interesting point. I've often wondered about this. Would someone with an interest in such things be willing to explain how hockey fights are scored ? I mean, beyond knockouts -- those I get.
Every internet geek who signs up gets a vote...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Every internet geek who signs up gets a vote...
Well that's....unsatisfying....but consistent with what I have observed. I had hoped for some underlying objective criteria, but I should have known better. Thanks for explaining, though.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Duration ! Means nobody cheated with a throw down. No jersey pull-overs and kept going to the point linemen
did not step in. Home fans cheer both combatants as they make their way bleeding to the box without nattering at each other.
Except, like you point out, a knockout. ;)
"evolution"
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote:
Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Duration ! Means nobody cheated with a throw down. No jersey pull-overs and kept going to the point linemen
did not step in. Home fans cheer both combatants as they make their way bleeding to the box without nattering at each other.
Except, like you point out, a knockout. ;)
I meant regarding who won the fight, but this still sounds consistent with Doc's explanation, actually.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Bountiful Blob Blows Bennett.

(and Bingo)

I can remember when Blobby loved the Canucks and hated the Flames!

Sure it's reversed and he just trolls Canuck boards now... but trust me folks!

Hey, lots of bandwagon fans dump their teams during rebuilds...

Farnham is 165? I thought he was 190. :?

And someone got "demolished" in this fight?

Only a Canuck-hating troll would turn a Bennett discussion into a Virtanen discussion.

Canucks held the 6th overall pick in that draft, Bennett went 4th overall...
Blah blah blah lil guy. The Dud makes a point of shitting on a guy (Bennett) for whatever creepy reason and anoints him my favourite player like Tom Sestito and Ryan Clowe etc. The guy gets 3rd line minutes and money and far out performs the slug from Abby taken two picks later. The slug was a good pick ( by Elmer ) when he sorta looked like an NHL player. Once he crapped the sheets he became a Gillis/ Gillman pick. You a mod and an Elmer supporter have went oddly quiet on this matter.I mean he's your wingman for fuck sakes, support him like you do in every other thread that he takes a shit in. The Dud all the while piles on Reinhart, Bennett, Ekblad, Ritchie, Nylander, Ehlers, and earlier Draisitl. All garbage picks from the 2014 draft according to him. I have ZERO problem cramming this shit down his impetigo riddled pie hole.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.