Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The leaves are...wait for it...a good team this year. :shock:

They are built for a physical, grinding style of series and I don't think I'd want to meet them 1st round if I was MTL or OTT. Goaltending has been remarkably good and all indications point towards it continuing. Yes, they have some question marks but name a team in the NHL that doesn't. Their 3 goons(Orr, Fraser, McLaren) actually seem to be playing disciplined hockey and not hurting the team too bad which bodes well for them once the playoffs begin. They are getting scoring from quite a few different sources and what also bodes well for them is that they're scoring the "dirty" goals that seem to be the only ones you get when the games matter the most.

Now, listening to Tuna-crotch troll his little weenie around here makes me as sick as the next Canucks fan but lets call it as we see it. The leaves are a decent team that could actually win a round or even 2.
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:The leaves are...wait for it...a good team this year. :shock:

They are built for a physical, grinding style of series and I don't think I'd want to meet them 1st round if I was MTL or OTT. Goaltending has been remarkably good and all indications point towards it continuing. Yes, they have some question marks but name a team in the NHL that doesn't. Their 3 goons(Orr, Fraser, McLaren) actually seem to be playing disciplined hockey and not hurting the team too bad which bodes well for them once the playoffs begin. They are getting scoring from quite a few different sources and what also bodes well for them is that they're scoring the "dirty" goals that seem to be the only ones you get when the games matter the most.

Now, listening to Tuna-crotch troll his little weenie around here makes me as sick as the next Canucks fan but lets call it as we see it. The leaves are a decent team that could actually win a round or even 2.
^^drivel :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Tiger wrote:If the leaves get more points than the Canucks they will have proven they are the better team.. They play a lot tougher schedule in a much tougher division.. Do I think either team is a contender ? NO.. The Canucks just don't have the " fire in the belly" and the leaves don't have the talent.. The last nucks game was a display of "the Union game - show up but do as little as possible"? UK Canuck must be proud of them :).. Maybe the leaves are a bit hungrier? The last player in a Canucks uniform who displayed that "fire" was Kesler and thats a few years ago now..Yeah I am a Canucks fan but just cancelled my ticket back from Thailand.. This years edition of the Canucks isn't going to the SC finals . If they get shithouse luck and great goaltending they may win the first round .
Saving this post for the second round when it will be inserted rectally....
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

rats19 wrote: ^^drivel :wink:
Like it or not Ratski...they are pretty good. I hate to say it
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
rats19 wrote: ^^drivel :wink:
Like it or not Ratski...they are pretty good. I hate to say it
Driveler... :wink:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

On what would anyone base the claim that the leaves are any good?
A half season of fair to middling play?
A star studded line up?
An Allstar goalie?
What?

What if the season were 82 games long and it was early January would you be confident in proclaiming them a good team then?

The reality is they are first round fodder until the prove otherwise.

Even if they win a round by some fluke theyre toast in round two...

And I don't mind saying it at all....
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:On what would anyone base the claim that the leaves are any good?
A star studded line up?
An Allstar goalie?
What?

What if the season were 82 games long and it was early January would you be confident in proclaiming them a good team then?

Elite! :look:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

ukcanuck wrote:On what would anyone base the claim that the leaves are any good?
A star studded line up?
An Allstar goalie?
What?

I'm not some closet Leaf Blower Fan Boy believe me...I just see a team that's winning its share of games and is doing so in convincing fashion. They finish all their checks with authority, they get timely goals from different players every game, they are playing the Carlisle system quite well and we can all attest to the effectiveness of this game plan.
The playoffs will be an increase in intensity and undoubtedly they will be exposed sooner or later, all I'm saying is they could be successful playing this grinding style especially against smaller, skilled type teams like MTL and OTT.

Pittsburgh, Boston, NYR, even Washington would likely expose them but admit it...they aren`t the bottom feeder we've all come to know and love over the past 10 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Sunkist... :eh:
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

ukcanuck wrote:

Looks like they will face Boston or maybe MTL, it'll be interesting to see how well they play against the Bruins. (or not.. :sly: )
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

rats19 wrote:Sunkist... :eh:
Orange you green with envy? :mrgreen:
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

Looks like they will face Boston or maybe MTL, it'll be interesting to see how well they play against the Bruins. (or not.. :sly: )
If they get Lupul back ( concussion ) it might be one hell of a good series and TO will not let their star players get bitch slapped.. A big IF granted ..kind of like the IF's the Canucks are facing? IF Kesler plays at the top of his game and IF Booth comes back and proves RD wrong.. The Canucks got a good shot at winning a couple series.. Maybe a second run at the Stanley.. But I wont be betting on either team to hoist the cup this year :)..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Tiger wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

If they get Lupul back ( concussion ) it might be one hell of a good series and TO will not let their star players get bitch slapped.. A big IF granted ..kind of like the IF's the Canucks are facing? IF Kesler plays at the top of his game and IF Booth comes back and proves RD wrong.. The Canucks got a good shot at winning a couple series.. Maybe a second run at the Stanley.. But I wont be betting on either team to hoist the cup this year :)..
Truth is I wouldn't bet a dime on either team winning the first series..Last year cost me too much :(..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Tambellini gets canned and Oiler nepotism at it's finest.

Press conference in a half hour or so to confirm the firing of Tambellini. Mactavish will be the new GM and Howson taking over MacT's role as senior Vice-president of Hockey Ops.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420813
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

How Lowe can they go?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.