Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:
micky107 wrote:L.A.'s Quick now out until March, 2017.

Trade Miller!!!!
To futher the rebuild it's time we let Miller go to his wife's hometown in LA, Dean is looking for a temp goalie, as Quick is injured another month.
On the Los Angeles Kings …

Dennis Bernstein: Kings GM Dean Lombardi has been looking at goalie options for awhile now. How their current tandem of Peter Budaj and Jeff Zatkoff plays on their road trip could dictate if a move is made – possibly replacing Zatkoff if it doesn’t go well.

Helene Elliott of the LA Times: GM Lombardi said yesterday that he’s yet ready to “throw the kitchen sink” at a team to trade for a top-notch goaltender even if he were able to fit it into their salary cap.

Jonathan Quick‘s expected return date was moved back a month until the middle of February, with early being the “worst-case scenario.”

With the expansion draft in June and only being able to protect one goalie, if they acquired a top guy, they could lose him.

“If he is a top guy you’re going to lose him, so what are you going to give up for a two-month asset? To be honest with you it hasn’t even been that type of player in play.”
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

FFS Skyo, so their GM says "don't have the cap space" and would give up sweet fuck all for "a 2-month asset".

And you use that platform to scream "trade Miller to his wife's hometown in LA!" :hmmm:

Also, how does "mid-February, worst case March"... equate to... "injured another month"?

Whatever buddy, I highly doubt Miller gets traded

... and if he does, the return would be minimal in this pre-expansion-draft goalie market.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:... and if he does, the return would be minimal in this pre-expansion-draft goalie market.
getr done jimbo.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Not. Gunna. Happen.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

When the Sedins contract ends so does Tavares? Should the Nucks be a player in the Tavares sweepstakes? it's quite obvious to Tavares that the Islanders are permanently awful organization, why would he go back? The retool on the fly will be done in Vancouver by the time Tavares is a free man!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:When the Sedins contract ends so does Tavares? Should the Nucks be a player in the Tavares sweepstakes? it's quite obvious to Tavares that the Islanders are permanently awful organization, why would he go back? The retool on the fly will be done in Vancouver by the time Tavares is a free man!
Then why would he jump to the poster-franchise of futility?
If he jumps its to Tee-Oh
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Steve Downie just blew up on twitter, some gold here jerry, goes off on the Arizona Coyotes and Dave Tippet, plus Colin Campbell, Don Cherry, everyone getting shots.

https://twitter.com/stevedownie23

First shout out way max domi haha what a punch.

2nd shout out is to dave tippet and newel brown on running a great program down in AZ there's a reason there in last every year. #classless.

3rd peterborough Petes are better run then az coyotes

4th. I've never played on a team when my best player broke his hand in a fight. Hahah the game has changed. Or tippets an idiot

Another classless move done by tippet. This really put over the edge last year and made me quit on az.
The way they treated big John Scott. I remember watching tippet laugh at big John working his ass off for the team.
Classless. John Scott is the best team mate I've seen in a long time

My last game I played for the coyotes.. dave the man tippet didn't let me skate for 4 days not even a morning skate.
Then he randomly wants me in his line up .. Fucking classless

Collin Campbell asked John Scott if his kids were going to be embarrassed that he's going to all star game. Whatajoke
John gets mad at Collin and tells him off then AZ trades him haha who's the puppet
That's enough for now merry Christmas to all.

AZ coyotes flys Christian Thomas from Minnesota to Providence after sending him down. He makes it to Providence just in time for the game.
Christian had season ending injury that night. Not fair. If I was an agent I would not let any of my players go any where near that team
.... And to all a good night

Bigras of the Avalanche has been stuck in a hotel for three weeks with a concussion. I wish I knew I would have got him the help he needed
But I would have have did it three weeks earlier. NHL + concussions equal fucking joke

That hit is what happens when you watch don cherry rock em sock em videos from age 5 to 18. Nothing good comes from those vids

I just did what I had to do to play. I still think about what I did to Dean macomond and what I caused him to go through with his family.

But again, I did what don cherry said to do every Saturday night. Just fucking disgusted when I look back. Wish I never played.

Sorry Don, but you called me a pussy for wearing a visor and trying to protect my eyes. Sad thing is I listened to you.
props to @stevedownie23 for ripping on nhl fighting culture and the toxic machiso that does so much severe, lasting damage to so many guys
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blackhawks re-sign Panarin - 2yrs - $6M per.

They and the Tampa Lightning are gonna sacrifice a good player this offseason for sure.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote:Blackhawks re-sign Panarin - 2yrs - $6M per.

They and the Tampa Lightning are gonna sacrifice a good player this offseason for sure.
The Canucks won't have any cap space.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

I thought we have $14mill next year
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

I thought we have $14mill next year
I think raises to Horvat, Hutton and Gudbranson will chew through a good chunk of that. Then you need a goalie and replacements for Burrows, Megna , Chaput , Skille, Larsen. I don't think Elmers replacement will have a lot of cap space ratski.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

We'll have cap space for a deal with Tampa.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

NYI place Halak on waivers. He has one year left on his current contract. He may be a good pick up for LA to provide extra support. He could be a good pick up for anyone with cap that needs a goalie to expose in the expansion draft.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote:NYI place Halak on waivers. He has one year left on his current contract. He may be a good pick up for LA to provide extra support. He could be a good pick up for anyone with cap that needs a goalie to expose in the expansion draft.
Triple shuffle with Vancouver?
I wouldn't but some might see some sense in it?
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Marchand wrote:
Random Tweeter wrote: Go put Chara's dick back in your mouth you fucking fag
This derogatory statement is offensive to so many people around the world your the kind of kid parents are ashamedof
http://www.outsports.com/2016/12/30/141 ... ay-twitter

So the misogynist "Sedin Sisters" basher is suddenly a social justice warrior?? :?

But ya this guy is much worse than a flaming hypocrite... he's a butcherer of the English language! :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.