Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:06 am
dangler wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:50 am I doubt Leivo will be up to speed after that injury, and suspect it will take him at least half of the upcoming shortened season to regain his former speed and mobility, IF he doesn't have any setbacks.
And he was a bit of a turtle to begin with.

While I think it’s a low risk move with decent upside, I’m not sad to see him go. He was a slow player before the injury and the Canucks as a group are too slow. Good for him for finding a gig but he wasn’t going to move the needle much here. There’s no room for him with all the overpaid clowns already cluttering up the forward group. At this point I’d prefer if they have a couple bucks to spend that they use it on a defender.
Exactly. Our used up scrubs slowing down the Shames is a win/win best case ontario scenario
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:06 am
dangler wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:50 am I doubt Leivo will be up to speed after that injury, and suspect it will take him at least half of the upcoming shortened season to regain his former speed and mobility, IF he doesn't have any setbacks.
And he was a bit of a turtle to begin with.

While I think it’s a low risk move with decent upside, I’m not sad to see him go. He was a slow player before the injury and the Canucks as a group are too slow. Good for him for finding a gig but he wasn’t going to move the needle much here. There’s no room for him with all the overpaid clowns already cluttering up the forward group. At this point I’d prefer if they have a couple bucks to spend that they use it on a defender.
The Flames seem to be all in on terrible skaters - Josh Leivo, Connor Zary. Who’s next? Gabe Vilardi?
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

@ Brown Lizzy Much like your buddy Stecher he’d still be good enough to crack this lineup but time to move on. Neither guy moves the needle much. There’s so much other useless crap on the roster making 4 or 5 times as much $$ as those guys and getting rid of those useless pieces of shit will be huge. Gotta wait out the five or six garbage deals that expire the next two years.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:54 am @ Brown Lizzy Much like your buddy Stecher he’d still be good enough to crack this lineup but time to move on. Neither guy moves the needle much. There’s so much other useless crap on the roster making 4 or 5 times as much $$ as those guys and getting rid of those useless pieces of shit will be huge. Gotta wait out the five or six garbage deals that expire the next two years.
Over the next two seasons all these bad contracts will be gone. What’s the worry? After this up coming shoestring budget flat cap Covid season all of Sutter, Pearson, Baertschi, Edler, Spooner, Benn will go bye bye then just one more season of Eriksson, Roussel, Beagle, Luongo etc.

All replaced by ELC’s
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:00 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:54 am @ Brown Lizzy Much like your buddy Stecher he’d still be good enough to crack this lineup but time to move on. Neither guy moves the needle much. There’s so much other useless crap on the roster making 4 or 5 times as much $$ as those guys and getting rid of those useless pieces of shit will be huge. Gotta wait out the five or six garbage deals that expire the next two years.
Over the next two seasons all these bad contracts will be gone. What’s the worry? After this up coming shoestring budget flat cap Covid season all of Sutter, Pearson, Baertschi, Edler, Spooner, Benn will go bye bye then just one more season of Eriksson, Roussel, Beagle, Luongo etc.

All replaced by ELC’s
That’s basically what I said. But thanks for your input. :lol: Don’t lump Edler in with all those useless tits. His contract is fine anyways. He’s still the teams 3rd best D man. I think he will re- up for a cheaper deal to stay here.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:04 am

All replaced by ELC’s
That’s basically what I said. But thanks for your input. :lol: Don’t lump Edler in with all those useless tits. His contract is fine anyways. He’s still the teams 3rd best D man. I think he will re- up for a cheaper deal to stay here.
Yeah Edler may re-sign, he lives in Vancouver now with his Italian Vancouver raised wife. But that also depends on the development of lefties - Juolevi and Rathbone and the return of lefty - Tryamkin. As we’ve witnessed with Tanev, Stecher and Markstrom, Benning isn’t exactly a loyalist, he mean business
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

I agree about Eddy. He returns for a deal for sure.

Lifelong canuck, bleeds blue/green/orange/black/maroon/yellow/white....
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:08 am

All replaced by ELC’s
Yeah Edler may re-sign, he lives in Vancouver now with his Italian Vancouver raised wife. But that also depends on the development of lefties - Juolevi and Rathbone and the return of lefty - Tryamkin. As we’ve witnessed with Tanev, Stecher and Markstrom, Benning isn’t exactly a loyalist, he mean business
Good point about the lefties in Ratbones and Olaf. Olaf has to earn a spot and show something soon. I’d still look for another vet to bring in. They are one injury from Jordie Benn playing in the top 4. I don’t count on Tryamkin returning. If he does, great but I’m not counting on it. But Edler is still effective so if you’re going to let him walk they better make damn sure at least of of those kids is ready to play hard minutes, because Edler eats a lot of tough minutes.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sa ... -contract/

Sabres re-sign Sam Reinhart to one-year, $5.2M contract
Reinhart was a restricted free agent whose arbitration hearing was scheduled for Tuesday.
The 24-year-old appeared in all of Buffalo's games for a third straight season in 2019-20, finishing with 22 goals and 50 points.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle burger, Tryamkin and Podkolzin will be riding into this town after next season like a couple bad asses - John Wayne and Clint Eastwood side by side in a spaghetti western to take down the ruthless sheriff - Yul Brynner
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:25 am Doyle burger, Tryamkin and Podkolzin will be riding into this town after next season like a couple bad asses - John Wayne and Clint Eastwood side by side in a spaghetti western to take down the ruthless sheriff - Yul Brynner
Yul Brynner was the leader of The Magnificent Seven.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Is Napkin able to join Van late this coming season or does his contract status exclude him til 21/22?
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:27 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:25 am Doyle burger, Tryamkin and Podkolzin will be riding into this town after next season like a couple bad asses - John Wayne and Clint Eastwood side by side in a spaghetti western to take down the ruthless sheriff - Yul Brynner
Yul Brynner was the leader of The Magnificent Seven.
He was also the bad ass robot in Westworld
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:28 am Is Napkin able to join Van late this coming season or does his contract status exclude him til 21/22?
He signed a 1 year extension after the end of last season, so how that lines up with the next NHL season I don’t know but Podkolzin and him have one more season they are tied to over there so in that I assume they be arriving the same time, when that is I don’t know
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:32 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:28 am Is Napkin able to join Van late this coming season or does his contract status exclude him til 21/22?
He signed a 1 year extension after the end of last season, so how that lines up with the next NHL season I don’t know but Podkolzin and him have one more season they are tied to over there so in that I assume they be arriving the same time, when that is I don’t know
Ok that excludes him from this season then. Too bad