Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Per »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:30 pm
I wonder if I could handle the PTSD for the 10's of millions I made playing a sport....
If you could, it’s not really PTSD... :roll:

That being said, Franzén’s problems mainly stem from the repeated concussions, but having a coach that was bullying him for not playing as good when injured as he did when healthy probably didn’t help much.

The good thing is he is now getting better. He suffered four years of constant migraine and insomnia.
Now at least he sleeps and the headaches only come at times.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Raile
CC Rookie

Post by Raile »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
I wonder if I could handle the PTSD for the 10's of millions I made playing a sport....
Would you say the same thing about Rick Rypien?

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Lehner on Babcock, Peters, Crawford et al:
https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/rob ... usv2_clean

"Everyone deserves a second chance"
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso »

Per wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:49 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote:

That being said, Franzén’s problems mainly stem from the repeated concussions, but having a coach that was bullying him for not playing as good when injured as he did when healthy probably didn’t help much.
That sounds a lot like Keenan's handling of both Linden and Gelinas when he was our head honcho. Drove both out for not playing 100% when coming back from injuries.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Mike Keenan deserves a ring of honour plaque for the Linden trade. Set the franchise up for 3 different eras
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Tciso wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:52 am
Per wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:

That sounds a lot like Keenan's handling of both Linden and Gelinas when he was our head honcho. Drove both out for not playing 100% when coming back from injuries.
I still can’t believe the bounty Iron Mike extracted from Mike Milbury for the overrated Trevor Linden. Best trade in franchise history.

Much like what Milbury did to a fan back in the day, Iron Mike ripped Milbury’s shoe off his earthpad and beat him senseless.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Excuse me, sir? Would it be alright if I asked you to take a shift on the third line instead of the second?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry to bother you, but I noticed the people on the other team are getting passed you quite often. I know I'm
asking a lot but could you please skate a little faster, if you can?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where the fuck, does this end?
"evolution"

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:55 am
Tciso wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:52 am
Per wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:

I still can’t believe the bounty Iron Mike extracted from Mike Milbury for the overrated Trevor Linden. Best trade in franchise history.

Much like what Milbury did to a fan back in the day, Iron Mike ripped Milbury’s shoe off his earthpad and beat him senseless.
Definitely although a close 2nd would be the Garth Butcher Dan Quinn for Ronning Courtnall Momesso and Dirk trade

Keenans Linden trade wins because the premium assets kept coming and coming after we used them up and moved them for more bountiful harvests

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Doyle Hargraves wrote:

Umm - Bert for Luongo was the best trade in Franchise History with Nazzy for Stojanov being a close second.

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

vic wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:51 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:

Umm - Bert for Luongo was the best trade in Franchise History with Nazzy for Stojanov being a close second.

Edit - yes, I understand the Luongo trade doesn't happen without the Linden Trade, but that's two different deals.

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

vic wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:52 am
vic wrote:
Doyle Hargraves wrote:

Edit - yes, I understand the Luongo trade doesn't happen without the Linden Trade, but that's two different deals.
I rate that trade down a few notches... Luongo was a good goalie but Linden brought back both Bert and the chip that enabled the hedgehog to snag the twins

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

vic wrote:
Doyle Hargraves wrote:

Yeah I’ll take Bertuzzi, McCabe and Ruutu myself.

But your other trades are definitely top 5. Also liked the deal with St Louis.

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:58 am
vic wrote:
vic wrote:
Doyle Hargraves wrote:

I rate that trade down a few notches... Luongo was a good goalie but Linden brought back both Bert and the chip that enabled the hedgehog to snag the twins
Burkie would have used a different chip than McCabe to snag the twins - he wasn't leaving that draft without them.

Luongo was a great goalie who became the franchise goalie for the Canucks and won a gold medal for Canada as the starter. He was traded for Bertuzzi who played 7 games with Florida before moving on

Naslund became an elite goal scorer and captain for Stojanov's 35 career NHL games after leaving Vancouver.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

vic wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:27 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:58 am
vic wrote:
vic wrote:
Doyle Hargraves wrote:

Burkie would have used a different chip than McCabe to snag the twins - he wasn't leaving that draft without them.

Luongo was a great goalie who became the franchise goalie for the Canucks and won a gold medal for Canada as the starter. He was traded for Bertuzzi who played 7 games with Florida before moving on

Naslund became an elite goal scorer and captain for Stojanov's 35 career NHL games after leaving Vancouver.
Bert for Lou was borderline rape and pillage level shit.

This was post Moore incident Bert after all.

The real irony is that Iron Mike made the Linden trade happen that set us up so nicely, and then he made the situation in Florida so lousy for Luongo that Nonis was basically stealing cheeseburgers from comatose drunk when he sent Bert back to Keenan for one of the best goalies in the league.

Keenan really must love Vancouver.

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Not sure what other chip Burke was using to get the Hawks to play ball. Ohlund? Jovanovski? Very doubtful there. Aucoin, though a good D man wasn’t getting it done. The Hawks loved McCabe.