Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Richardstroker69 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:43 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:36 pm
This occurred during the era Tuna was busy proclaiming The Cock to be the greatest thing since sliced bread! :lol:
Babcock was so overrated, same with holland, if not for Lidstrom those guys would be washed out of the league (maybe not quite). I love how holland got Neal and all of a sudden he’s a genius, when the team primarily chia’s team is doing the work.

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:48 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:43 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:36 pm
This occurred during the era Tuna was busy proclaiming The Cock to be the greatest thing since sliced bread! :lol:
Babcock was so overrated, same with holland, if not for Lidstrom those guys would be washed out of the league (maybe not quite). I love how holland got Neal and all of a sudden he’s a genius, when the team primarily chia’s team is doing the work.
Good players make coaches and managers look good. Late breaking news here folks!!!

What exactly would you have Holland do in five months? He hired a good coach. Drafted a decent looking prospect in Broberg.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:24 pm

https://twitter.com/Dreamer_Aliu78/stat ... 0774359045
Akim Aliu
@Dreamer_Aliu78

Not very surprising the things we’re hearing about Babcock. Apple doesn’t fall far from the Tree, same sort of deal with his protege in YYC. Dropped the N bomb several times towards me in the dressing room in my rookie year because he didn’t like my choice of music. First one to admit I rebelled against him. Wouldn’t you? And instead of remedying the situation, he wrote a letter to John McDonough and Stan Bowman to have me sent down to the ECHL. 20 year old on pace for 20 goals in his first pro year with zero PP/PK time was off to a great start in his Pro career.
Well this never-heard-of-him 30-year-old career minor-leaguer has set off a shitstorm on social media this evening.

The guy he is accusing of using the N-word towards him 10 years ago is Bill Peters, present head coach of the Flames.

The alleged incident(s) occurred allegedly in the dressing room of the 2009-10 Rockford IceHogs (allegedly).

He posted this during the 3rd period of the Flames game in Pittsburgh tonight.

Social Justice Warriors are screaming for Peters' head... based upon this tweet! :crazy:

Peters was not made available to the press following the game and Flames GM Treliving said this about that:

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/11 ... 1877086208

Treliving used the phrase "you people" twice in that 55-second clip! :look:

Forget Peters... FIRE TRELIVING!!! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Wait... his first 2 sentences... is Alui making this out to be more of a rookie-abuse thing that a racist thing?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:36 pm

Don’t listen to Boiled Hardeggs (Doyle Hargraves), Holland is a bum.

“The Detroit Redwings select, Filip Zadina” - Holland

Does anybody have that clip of Benning and Weisbrods reaction when Holland drafted Zadina. Boiled Hardeggs needs to see that again.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:36 pm

Holy fuck suck it up you whiney little bitch. This liberalized political correctness movement has gotten so ridiculously out of control.

How can he look at himself in the mirror after trying to ruin a guy over a stupid locker room insult like that? Sure it's insulting...sure its wrong but to drag the guy over the coals like that is disgusting
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:36 pm
Holy fuck suck it up you whiney little bitch. This liberalized political correctness movement has gotten so ridiculously out of control.

How can he look at himself in the mirror after trying to ruin a guy over a stupid locker room insult like that? Sure it's insulting...sure its wrong but to drag the guy over the coals like that is disgusting
The worst part is all the SJWs screaming for Peters' head based upon a single tweet.

For all anyone knows Alui may be a pathological liar.

Or maybe he misheard Peters due to a hearing/mental problem.

Maybe he's under heavy medication these days and dreamt it.

Point is, they know NOTHING about this guy yet choose to completely believe a random tweet.

Hell, maybe a hacker hijacked his account...

Every once in a while a sane person will say "Let's not rush to judgement, wait til all the facts are in."

The usual response to that is "Screw that, Peters will lie and say he didn't say it of course... FIRE HIM!!"

It's a mad mad mad mad mad world...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:01 pm

What we need is a world wide truth and reconciliation day. Everyone gets a chance to fess up for every N word, C word, Homo word, every off colour joke, every racist thought, every bad thought, word, deed, they have ever had or done. Get it all out and then forgive. then we start with a clean slate and see who is who. I mean I get the me too movement but it pains me to see people crucified for something they said or did 20+ years ago. Every off colour joke etc. now except for the real bad guys, let it go already.
The only HW the Canucks need

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:10 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:01 pm
What we need is a world wide truth and reconciliation day. Everyone gets a chance to fess up for every N word, C word, Homo word, every off colour joke, every racist thought, every bad thought, word, deed, they have ever had or done. Get it all out and then forgive. then we start with a clean slate and see who is who. I mean I get the me too movement but it pains me to see people crucified for something they said or did 20+ years ago. Every off colour joke etc. now except for the real bad guys, let it go already.
Yes. And no more special human status for indians. Enough already...sell your land to corporations and live with the consequences if you want...or don't. Its your choice
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:58 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:

The worst part is all the SJWs screaming for Peters' head based upon a single tweet.

Point is, they know NOTHING about this guy yet choose to completely believe a random tweet.

Every once in a while a sane person will say "Let's not rush to judgement, wait til all the facts are in."

The usual response to that is "Screw that, Peters will lie and say he didn't say it of course... FIRE HIM!!"

...and so the ‘Cultural Revolution’ in the West continues to roll on. Better play your SJW-approved victim card before one gets played on you and you get kangaroo-courted by the SM mobs into “de-platformed’ status.

Dunno what Babcock shit is coming out, but then I don’t pay that much attention to Leaves shit despite Sportsnet’s better efforts.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:24 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
I might need more than a day. :oops:
I get the me too thing too but I thought the burnings took place in the sixties. ;) kidding.
Though I support Mark Donnelly when he skips that part in the anthem and the fans sing it the old right way.
The whole things BS anyways cause when I was a kid,I always thought it meant son of God. Go figure.

I only take folks seriously when they feel truly hurt and are trying to help others. I do not when it's exclusively for drawing attention to themselves, personally. Can a keen eye tell the dif? I'd like to think so...
"evolution"

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:28 am

Bill Peters is going to be getting the hook and rightfully so. Racist POS. One wonders if he would have the jam to call Donald Brashear or Georges Laraque that name.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:39 am

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:57 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:

The best part is how he lauds himself as being a potential 20 goal guy with zero special teams time. Other than that brief window of minor league "success" he never lasted anywhere very long. His one crack in the NHL came with Calgary and after that he didn't stick with a single team for more than 19 games.

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:25 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
What we need is a world wide truth and reconciliation day. Everyone gets a chance to fess up for every N word, C word, Homo word, every off colour joke, every racist thought, every bad thought, word, deed, they have ever had or done. Get it all out and then forgive.
…. ummm.. I need longer than 24 hours for that. Can we make it 36-40 hours of 'reconciliation time period'?.. And I think I am socially against the word 'day'.. I mean, who are we to judge how that time period wants to be addressed? its a Label, and I am not comfortable with that kind of temporal profiling...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:28 am
Bill Peters is going to be getting the hook and rightfully so. Racist POS. One wonders if he would have the jam to call Donald Brashear or Georges Laraque that name.
Well they're still investigating there Mr Lynch.

But if it turns out he's found guilty...

Do you think he should be fired for a 10 second rant 10 years ago?

(if guilty, wouldn't an apology and a course in sensitivity training be enough?)

How would you feel about it if you were the one being investigated Mr Highandmighty.

We both know you've said worse... is it grounds for YOUR dismissal... 10 YEARS LATER?

He wasn't employed by the Flames at the time of the alleged comments

... if they fire him for this will they face a lawsuit?

I'm not saying it's okay to say what he allegedly said.

It's not looking good for Peters right now, but we really should let the investigation run its course.

https://www.tsn.ca/calgary-flames-gm-no ... -1.1404023
“He walked in before a morning pre-game skate and said ‘Hey Akim, I’m sick of you playing that n----- s---,’ ” Aliu told TSN, with Peters, who was then the Ice Hogs head coach, referring to Aliu’s selection of hip-hop music. “He said ‘I’m sick of hearing this n-----s f------ other n-----s in the ass stuff.’

“He then walked out like nothing ever happened. You could hear a pin drop in the room, everything went dead silent. I just sat down in my stall, didn’t say a word.”

Two of Aliu’s Rockford teammates who were in the room at the time of the alleged incident, Simon Pepin and Peter MacArthur, independently corroborated Aliu’s account to TSN on Tuesday.
BTW Aliu was as big as Brashear/Laraque and waaaaay nastier apparently.

Allegedly rotating billets because he allegedly had a habit of assaulting the billet folk allegedly.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:29 pm

(if guilty, wouldn't an apology and a course in sensitivity training be enough?)

like this kind?? I took a class like this once...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5J2O3j9pNY
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.