Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Mickey107 »

Erin Brown
@rinkside
#FlaPanthers are bringing back Troy Brouwer ... on a professional tryout.
7:38 AM · Sep 4, 2019

My gosh; Ones on a PTO and the other is Ouched...
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:51 am He made it! An entire career without having to stand up for his dirty hits. That must be an accomplishment right there
yee-ha Jake; https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IckyShadyGuillemot-mobile.mp4
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Elliotte:
There is word that one of next year’s RFAs — Clayton Keller — is closing in on an 8-year extension with ARIZ.

AAV is in the $7.15M range.
SL would love that for Boeser.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:01 am Elliotte:
There is word that one of next year’s RFAs — Clayton Keller — is closing in on an 8-year extension with ARIZ.

Count me in.
Think I suggested something along those lines.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

News from around the web.

Tkachuk camp led by Newport Sports would prefer five years while the Flames want to avoid that.

Rantanen also wants 5 years, but the Avs want 8 years, or 2.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Look at the precedent that Dumbass has started.

Other GMs must love the boy wonder.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Jovocop
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Jovocop »

micky107 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:59 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:51 am He made it! An entire career without having to stand up for his dirty hits. That must be an accomplishment right there
yee-ha Jake; https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IckyShadyGuillemot-mobile.mp4
That was one of the Jake's best moments!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Love to see ole Jake assert himself >>>just like that, more often !! Gold..
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:27 pm Look at the precedent that Dumbass has started.

Hargraves isn’t sure if Dubas started the trend or he didn’t. Hargraves thinks the Toronto GM has done a lacklustre job with some of his recent signings however.

If I’m a good young player signing my second deal at 21 or 22 I’m also looking to lock in at five years. It’s predictable that these guys would want to sign their biggest contract at 25-27. If it wasn’t Matthews it was going to be someone else who blazed that trail.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:01 pm
Hank wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:27 pm Look at the precedent that Dumbass has started.

Hargraves isn’t sure if Dubas started the trend or he didn’t. Hargraves thinks the Toronto GM has done a lacklustre job with some of his recent signings however.

If I’m a good young player signing my second deal at 21 or 22 I’m also looking to lock in at five years. It’s predictable that these guys would want to sign their biggest contract at 25-27. If it wasn’t Matthews it was going to be someone else who blazed that trail.
I am surprised that the NHL isn't opening the CBA because of this... I figured all these young guys aiming at asking for a 10 million dollar qualifying offer as an RFA would do it....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:09 pm

I am surprised that the NHL isn't opening the CBA because of this... I figured all these young guys aiming at asking for a 10 million dollar qualifying offer as an RFA would do it....
Losing games because the owners now don’t like a system they had a huge part in creating seems awfully shortsighted. This fringe league needs a work stoppage like they need a hole in their heads. Pay the talent. The best players in the game are 22-28. Pay them.

Hargraves would rather give money to a young emerging Elias Pettersson than the greasy shitty carcass of Loui Eriksson, but to each their own. Maybe it’s the market correction the league needs.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:19 pm the greasy shitty carcass of Loui Eriksson
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jon Rosen

Kempe signs for three years, six million - LA Kings Insider
Adrian Kempe, who had been close to contract terms with the club for much of the latter half of the off-season, signed a three-year, $6-million contract with the LA Kings..
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:19 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:09 pm

Losing games because the owners now don’t like a system they had a huge part in creating seems awfully shortsighted. This fringe league needs a work stoppage like they need a hole in their heads. Pay the talent. The best players in the game are 22-28. Pay them.

Hargraves would rather give money to a young emerging Elias Pettersson than the greasy shitty carcass of Loui Eriksson, but to each their own. Maybe it’s the market correction the league needs.
Opening the CBA doesn't guarantee a work stoppage..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:09 am
SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:01 am Elliotte:

Count me in.
Think I suggested something along those lines.
UMMMM.

Boeser >>>> > Keller
____
Try to focus on someday.