Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper »

McCann made the team from camp, Jake was gifted his role. By Xmas Mcann was spent, spinning his wheels, tired and out of effort.

Jake went to the WJC on loan that year, showed steady improvement but then the late game blunders in the final made him the tournament goat. Still he came back and slowly improved his game as the season went on. McCann had stalled.

I had no issue on cutting bait.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:23 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:22 pm mccann gonna bounce around the league now, pens don't keep fringe players around much.
Or maybe by getting a chance to play with Sid/Malkin, he'll finally find his inner McSakic. *hehe*
McCann is playing on the fourth line in Pittsburgh.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Pitt was looking for a better and more traditional 3rd line center than Brassard. They've been looking to dump him for most of this season. They wanted and got Bujstad.

McCann is likely what they're stuck with to make this deal work. Can't see why they wouldn't rather keep Sheahan.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:54 am Vancouver came out of it with a serviceable bottom 6 dman who can throw em.

Meh...toughness always costs a premium. Its not like we got a top shelf player but we definitely come away with the best asset from the trade
Yeah I didn't like how Vancouver became the prison bitch for awhile, now at least we got some guys who don't fuck around & can kick ass with the best of em.

Still could use a Ferland type up front to play with Petey, Boeser, Horvat, Dahlen, Goldy etc.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

SKYO wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:57 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:54 am Vancouver came out of it with a serviceable bottom 6 dman who can throw em.

Meh...toughness always costs a premium. Its not like we got a top shelf player but we definitely come away with the best asset from the trade
Yeah I didn't like how Vancouver became the prison bitch for awhile, now at least we got some guys who don't fuck around & can kick ass with the best of em.

Still could use a Ferland type up front to play with Petey, Boeser, Horvat, Dahlen, Goldy etc.
I don’t know how mean macewen is, but he could definitely be our version of ferland. I know he’s chucked with with some heavyweight ahler’s which usually means he’d be able to handle his own in the nhl no problem, he definitely has the hands to play with petterson and he’s a terror on the forecheck. Hope we get to see him this year.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

http://dropyourgloves.com/fights/FightCard.aspx?P=58601
Not sure it wouldn't cost us too much but this is one of the best :twisted: I've seen..
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:03 pm

I don’t know how mean macewen is, but he could definitely be our version of ferland. I know he’s chucked with with some heavyweight ahler’s which usually means he’d be able to handle his own in the nhl no problem, he definitely has the hands to play with petterson and he’s a terror on the forecheck. Hope we get to see him this year.
Yeah he'll be a solid 4th liner & could be a 3rd liner if need be in a couple years, not quite a Ferland type but he plays an industrious and gritty game.

Comets writer-Cory Hergott and Satiar on player Zack MacEwen.
#TheBigFella can throw down when needed, isn’t shy to dish out big hits but he isn’t likely to be an agitating Ferland type.
He plays a well rounded game that doesn’t rely on questionable plays
And looks like we'll see the big fella on the Canucks soon.
Jim Benning on Zack MacEwen: He’s a guy who drives their team, we’ve talked about getting him up here before the end of the year and getting a look at him.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hank wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:58 pm
McCann is likely what they're stuck with to make this deal work. Can't see why they wouldn't rather keep Sheahan.
I believe Sheahan and Brassard are both UFA next season.

So really, the trade was picks for Bjugstad and McCann
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:30 pm
Hank wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:58 pm
I believe Sheahan and Brassard are both UFA next season.

So really, the trade was picks for Bjugstad and McCann
And cap space.

Apparently the Panthers are going hard after Panarin and Goalie Bob in the summer.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Thanks guys. I know what Florida is trying to do, didn’t know about Sheahan’s UFA status.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:32 pm
Apparently the Panthers are going hard after Panarin and Goalie Bob in the summer.

Goalie>>>>>>>>>>Image
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Pittsburgh won’t be Journeyman McCann’s final team, just one in a long line of many
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:44 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:23 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:22 pm mccann gonna bounce around the league now, pens don't keep fringe players around much.
Or maybe by getting a chance to play with Sid/Malkin, he'll finally find his inner McSakic. *hehe*
McCann is playing on the fourth line in Pittsburgh.
3rd line tonight. Will see if that changes when Malkin gets back in the line up.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:36 pm Pittsburgh won’t be Journeyman McCann’s final team, just one in a long line of many
Has he done a Spengler Cup yet?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:34 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Goalie>>>>>>>>>>???
Rumour is they're looking at buying out Reimer, who is sucking chunks.
____
Try to focus on someday.