Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 am hfboards Canucks and calgarypuck are panning the move to hire Hitch. The two biggest collections of retarded hockey fans on the inter webs hate it and ridicule it , so there’s a solid chance that this was a very good hire. It’s not often those two cesspools are right about anything
Ding Dong!

The Oilers made a switch, McLellan out for Hitch.
The Oilers perfect pitch, so long wicked witch!
But oh what happened next was rich...
The pigs began to bitch, posting in their ditch.
A horrid stench of shit, rising from their pit!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:24 am This could go either way. The one thing about Hitch is that he’s a brilliant mind. Just not sure if the kids will tune in
He's also a defensive systems guru. It's what Edmonton needs.

There are only a few kids left there right now.

McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, Caggiula, Marody, and Benning, are the only current roster players under the age of 25, and McDavid and Marody are the youngest at 21. I've never even heard of Marody btw, so it's not like he's a problem there.

Edmonton needs to get one or two more guys who are 30 and know how to inspire lazy millennial hockey players. :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:29 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:33 am hfboards Canucks and calgarypuck are panning the move to hire Hitch. The two biggest collections of retarded hockey fans on the inter webs hate it and ridicule it , so there’s a solid chance that this was a very good hire. It’s not often those two cesspools are right about anything
Ding Dong!

The Oilers made a switch, McLellan out for Hitch.
The Oilers perfect pitch, so long wicked witch!
But oh what happened next was rich...
The pigs began to bitch, posting in their ditch.
A horrid stench of shit, rising from their pit!
:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I don't think he'll do any worse than TMac. I think Drai will have some problems with the new coach. Hitch's style may affect McD's point totals. The OIlers haven't been getting good goaltending and their D stinks. He'll make the team play defense first, so that should help out the goaltending. It's a temporary move anyway, so it'll be interesting how it turns out. Personally, I hope the Oilers make the playoffs and are ousted in the first round. That way they won't be in the running to get Hughes.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:30 am Joel Quenneville and Todd McLellan are available for hire.

:o
McLellan has shown everyone that he can't coach a team that is packed with young talented individuals. He was money in San Jose with a team that had guys like Marleau, Thornton, Burns, and Pavelski.....but they consistently came up short in the playoffs.

No he goes to Edmonton, and has a group of players with talent for miles, and can't get anything out of them.

I also think they were retarded to make McDoofus their captain. He puts up points, but he doesn't know how to lead, he just gets by on raw talent, and he comes across as having about as much emotional investment as Hank and Danny. The Captain needs to show some fire, I would think that anyone who has watched the Canucks over the past 30 years would agree with that.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

If I recall, Hitch has a law and order streak that is demanding, he's also good with younger players. A firm structure. Could be very good for the Oilers.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Every time you hear McDavid speak publicly, he just seems lost in space and has "no" idea what's wrong.
That in itself had to say their system was screwed.
This move can only help. "If the old man can stay healthy".
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Coaching isn't the problem in Edmonton. It's been there drafting in the 1st round in the new Millennium, combined with putrid trades and signings. Not even McJesus can save this sad sack of a hockey organization.

2018 - 10th overall - Bouchard
2017 - 22nd overall - Yamamoto
2016 - 3rd overall - Puljujarvi
2015 - 1st overall - McDavid
2014 - 3rd overall - Draisaitl
2013 - 7th overall - Nurse
2012 - 1st overall - Yakupov
2011 - 1st overall - Hopkins
2010 - 1st overall - Hall
2009 - 10th overall - Paajarvi
2008 - 22nd overall - Eberle
2007 - 6th overall - Gagner
2006 - traded away
2005 - 25th overall - Cogliano
2004 - 14th overall - Dubnyk and 25th overall Schremp
2003 - 22nd overall - Pouliot
2002 - 15th overall - Niinimaki
2001 - 13th overall - Hemsky
2000 - 17th overall - Mikhnov
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:14 pm Not even McJesus can save this sad sack of a hockey organization.
Good.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:14 pm Coaching isn't the problem in Edmonton. It's been there drafting in the 1st round in the new Millennium, combined with putrid trades and signings. Not even McJesus can save this sad sack of a hockey organization.

2018 - 10th overall - Bouchard
2017 - 22nd overall - Yamamoto
2016 - 3rd overall - Puljujarvi
2015 - 1st overall - McDavid
2014 - 3rd overall - Draisaitl
2013 - 7th overall - Nurse
2012 - 1st overall - Yakupov
2011 - 1st overall - Hopkins
2010 - 1st overall - Hall
2009 - 10th overall - Paajarvi
2008 - 22nd overall - Eberle
2007 - 6th overall - Gagner
2006 - traded away
2005 - 25th overall - Cogliano
2004 - 14th overall - Dubnyk and 25th overall Schremp
2003 - 22nd overall - Pouliot
2002 - 15th overall - Niinimaki
2001 - 13th overall - Hemsky
2000 - 17th overall - Mikhnov
How Chiarelli keeps his job is UN-BE-LIEVABLE
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chiarelli really has dropped the ball, he got too impatient when McDavid arrived by trading Hall and Schultz much too early. Now they are looking for someone just like Taylor Hall to play on the wing with McDavid. Adam Larsson, has not turned out well at all. Nurse is not looking very good for a 7th overall pick, Sekeres hasn't worked out, Klefbom hasn't turned into this great new version of a better Alex Edler like they all had hoped, Russell was a stupid signing, giving Schultz away for peanuts, their defense is a disaster.

They gave up a lot of assets to land Talbot and he hasn't panned out at all

Lucic was a putrid signing

Yes, Eberle was a cap dump, big contract, but he is playing good hockey in New York and all you get is Ryan Strome who then turned into the major defensive liability and one dimensional - Spooner?

Trading a 1st round pick and a very high 2nd round pick for Reinhart, is a back breaker IMO. The Isles did very well with those two picks - Barzal and Beauvillier. Those two would look fantastic in Edmonton right now, where the hell is Griffin Reinhart?

The alarm bells should have gone off when the Finnish GM in Columbus passes on Puljujarvi and drafts PLD when all year everyone was saying McDavid one, Laine two, Puljujarvi 3, yes pick which was next isn't looking much better "at the moment" but they really couldn't afford having Puljujarvi busting like Yakupov busting. I don't know if it's a combination of bad scouting and bad management, but coaching is not the problem there, it's always never the problem there, it's the dingbats up top, with all those high 1st round picks this team should be contending for the cup right now, they should be another version the Winnipeg Jets to be honest, but nowhere near it. It's a disaster there.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

................trading away Petry for a 2nd + conditional 5th....the list goes on and on
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

McLellan is still a good coach. He didn’t become a dummy going to Edmonton. I still think Poolparty will be a decent player but they are the team who should have taken Matt Tkachuk. Perfect linemate for Mcjesus. Never should have traded Hall. The Reinhardt trade was terrible.

Chia is living off the Chara signing and the cup. Boston made some great drafts between 03-06 and he MAY get credit for 06. After that the Bruins crapped the bed at the draft table for half dozen years other than the gifts from Brian Burke. The Seguin trade was stupid as hell. If Vancouver had not been mangled by injuries and a couple bozo moves by Eye Bags ( ie subbing Ballard in for Mitchell) that cup does not exist.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:36 pm McLellan is still a good coach. He didn’t become a dummy going to Edmonton. I still think Poolparty will be a decent player but they are the team who should have taken Matt Tkachuk. Perfect linemate for Mcjesus. Never should have traded Hall. The Reinhardt trade was terrible.

Chia is living off the Chara signing and the cup. Boston made some great drafts between 03-06 and he MAY get credit for 06. After that the Bruins crapped the bed at the draft table for half dozen years other than the gifts from Brian Burke. The Seguin trade was stupid as hell. If Vancouver had not been mangled by injuries and a couple bozo moves by Eye Bags ( ie subbing Ballard in for Mitchell) that cup does not exist.
Not seeing it with Puljujarvi. They say he’s so dumb he’s borderline special needs. The Finn GM in Columbus wanted no part of him or Juolevi. Edmonton and Vancouver should have gone “hm, interesting. Why?”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:03 pm Not seeing it with Puljujarvi. They say he’s so dumb he’s borderline special needs. The Finn GM in Columbus wanted no part of him or Juolevi. Edmonton and Vancouver should have gone “hm, interesting. Why?”
There are a couple reason's Jarmo didn't take Puljujarvi, one is the BJ's really needed a center and a one theory is (that no one will admit) that they are both Finnish and if Puljujarvi busts, Jarmo would look bad as he could be considered bias. But the CBJ's said they had Dubois ranked #3 on their list.
Regardless it’s a lot of conspiracy theories without a whole lot of substance to sink your teeth into. It’s quite simple though. Kekalainen really wanted that big first-line center, not a winger like Puljujarvi.
Columbus also had a big hole at centre. But the key in all such situations isn’t the general rule, it’s the specific players and how big a gap in talent there is between the centre and the winger.
In this case, at least according to the scouting consensus, the gap between Dubois and Puljujarvi is large.
And the scouts really liked Dubois game, we know the Habs would have moved heaven and earth for him to no avail, and the Canucks also wanted PLD. And Dubois is proving everyone right with 48 points last season and looks to eclipse that this season.

I'd trade for Puljujarvi and put him through the Canucks (virtanen) development plan.

OJ is doing fine, he's actually more a playmaker/setup/passer guy than two-way type, but the defensive game will have to be learned through good ol' on the job experience.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.