Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Philip Holm signs in KHL. Does that mean we win The Leipsic trade? :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

From SN.

CAL signs Elias Lindholm 6x$4.85. No clauses
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hellebuyck’s new deal, annual salary cap hit of $6.167 million X 6 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 am Ducks re-sign Henrique, which means Devils get their 3rd rounder next year as well.
Adam Henrique's five-year extension with Anaheim carries an AAV of $5.825M
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:07 am From SN.

Horvat signing looking better and better...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Trouba awarded 5.5 for one year in arbitration. Interesting.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Dumba signs 5 years/$6 million cap hit per season.

I thought that Minnesota was going to be up against it, but with the sizable cap increase and waiving Ennis, they are going to be able to get Zucker signed and be under the Cap with a full roster. In my view, it is a team in purgatory -- something a little better than mediocre but worse than true Cup contender. And there is something wrong about that given that they do have a true #1 D and good goaltending -- teams with that should be able to make a deep playoff run. But I don't see it.
Hono_rary Canadian
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

UWSaint wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 am Dumba signs 5 years/$6 million cap hit per season.

I thought that Minnesota was going to be up against it, but with the sizable cap increase and waiving Ennis, they are going to be able to get Zucker signed and be under the Cap with a full roster. In my view, it is a team in purgatory -- something a little better than mediocre but worse than true Cup contender. And there is something wrong about that given that they do have a true #1 D and good goaltending -- teams with that should be able to make a deep playoff run. But I don't see it.
I remember when they signed Parise and Suter to those monster 13 year contracts, the media was all abuzz with it saying that the Wild were now a destination for players who wanted to win now and legit players to be a threat in the playoffs for years to come. But from my way of thinking at the time, they didn't have the support for those guys, and they never really acquired it until Parise had been severely hampered by back injuries. He had just come off of 2 great seasons in New Jersey, but in the west it was a different game, Minnesota lacked the goaltending that NJ had, and didn't have the same defensive commitment from top to bottom. Then injuries hit and Parise diminished far quicker than anyone could have predicted.

Suter has maintained his steady level of play, but he has never struck me as being that elite level of franchise defenseman like Doughty, Karlsson, and Hedman, etc. Certainly a top pairing on every team, and probably the number one guy on 25 teams, but he doesn't win you games the same way those other guys do.

Neither of them are the franchise caliber of player like Crosby, Tavares, Ovechkin, McDavid, Karlsson, and to a lesser extent Kane, Malkin, and Kopitar. The former group being few and far between in a generational sense. Back then those twin contracts were massive, now not so much, but in the now, it's like you say UW, they are that tweener team that looks to contend on paper but lacks the final piece, and doesn't have the expendable pieces to acquire it via trade, and will need to get awfully lucky at the draft table to find it there because they keep making the playoffs but will need a miracle to get out of the second round.....when they even get that far.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 am Ducks re-sign Henrique, which means Devils get their 3rd rounder next year as well.
Adam Henrique's five-year extension with Anaheim carries an AAV of $5.825M
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:07 am From SN.

Horvat signing looking better and better...
Both signings look pretty good
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

cap moves at the cost of a young promising netminder.
capfriendly:

Brooks Orpik was traded from Washington to Colorado along with Philipp Grubauer on June 22nd.

Colorado then bought out the final season of Orpik's contract on June 24th.

Orpik now returns to the #Caps on a 1 year deal worth $1,000,000.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:59 pm cap moves at the cost of a young promising netminder.
capfriendly:

Brooks Orpik was traded from Washington to Colorado along with Philipp Grubauer on June 22nd.

Colorado then bought out the final season of Orpik's contract on June 24th.

Orpik now returns to the #Caps on a 1 year deal worth $1,000,000.

And by trading Orpik to the Avs they were in a position to resign him. Had they bought him out they would not have been able to do so.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

mn sign their last big RFA - ZUCKER mania
Zucker agree to a five-year, $27.5 million contract
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dan Hamhuis signs in Nashville for 1.25 million a year. LOL good for him. He’d be the #3 guy here but wouldn’t even crack the top 7 at that salary.

For the way the treated him and the fact they got fuck all for him, I really wish they’d have kept him in hindsight. Guy bled blue and green.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:47 pm He’d be the #3 guy here but wouldn’t even crack the top 7 at that salary.
You should start up your own site and call it Canuck Scorner.

Oh wait...

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:47 pm I really wish they’d have kept him in hindsight.
WHAT... you can see out your ass?? :crazy:

Whoa, I thought you only talked out of it. :mrgreen:

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:47 pm Guy bled blue and green.
So did you before you turned into a scorner...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:47 pm Dan Hamhuis signs in Nashville for 1.25 million a year. LOL good for him. He’d be the #3 guy here but wouldn’t even crack the top 7 at that salary.

For the way the treated him and the fact they got fuck all for him, I really wish they’d have kept him in hindsight. Guy bled blue and green.
The way they treated him????? They bent over backwards to accommodate him and it bit them in the ass because of it. Now that linden is gone hopefully edler can read the writing on the wall and is willing to work with management to get himself set with a new team like burrows and Hansen did.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

FFS: Dan did the crying thing; "my poor family, it will be so hard". on the radio!!
He did not make it easy for Bemming, in fact, impossible.
"evolution"