Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:03 pm

Topper wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:48 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:20 pm
micky107 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:01 pm
http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/news ... nzol4hsgpv

Ray Emery; R.I P.
Damn, I really liked him from my time living in north bay and cheering for the Sens.
Is it racist to point out that he drowned?
I didn’t want to say it, so I say no

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2726
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Madcombinepilot » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Does Philly need Nilsson for a 3rd now?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9283
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 am

Ducks re-sign Henrique, which means Devils get their 3rd rounder next year as well.
Adam Henrique's five-year extension with Anaheim carries an AAV of $5.825M
There goes my master plan on trading with the Ducks, then swapping Henrique + Stecher for Pulock aha, as islanders need a top 6 center.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13031
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:06 am

Philip Holm signs in KHL. Does that mean we win The Leipsic trade? :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13031
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:07 am

From SN.

CAL signs Elias Lindholm 6x$4.85. No clauses
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13031
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 am

Hellebuyck’s new deal, annual salary cap hit of $6.167 million X 6 years.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17150
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 am

SKYO wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 am
Ducks re-sign Henrique, which means Devils get their 3rd rounder next year as well.
Adam Henrique's five-year extension with Anaheim carries an AAV of $5.825M
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:07 am
From SN.

CAL signs Elias Lindholm 6x$4.85. No clauses
Horvat signing looking better and better...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13031
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:30 pm

Trouba awarded 5.5 for one year in arbitration. Interesting.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
UWSaint
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by UWSaint » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 am

Dumba signs 5 years/$6 million cap hit per season.

I thought that Minnesota was going to be up against it, but with the sizable cap increase and waiving Ennis, they are going to be able to get Zucker signed and be under the Cap with a full roster. In my view, it is a team in purgatory -- something a little better than mediocre but worse than true Cup contender. And there is something wrong about that given that they do have a true #1 D and good goaltending -- teams with that should be able to make a deep playoff run. But I don't see it.
Hono_rary Canadian

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5882
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Meds » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:28 pm

UWSaint wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 am
Dumba signs 5 years/$6 million cap hit per season.

I thought that Minnesota was going to be up against it, but with the sizable cap increase and waiving Ennis, they are going to be able to get Zucker signed and be under the Cap with a full roster. In my view, it is a team in purgatory -- something a little better than mediocre but worse than true Cup contender. And there is something wrong about that given that they do have a true #1 D and good goaltending -- teams with that should be able to make a deep playoff run. But I don't see it.
I remember when they signed Parise and Suter to those monster 13 year contracts, the media was all abuzz with it saying that the Wild were now a destination for players who wanted to win now and legit players to be a threat in the playoffs for years to come. But from my way of thinking at the time, they didn't have the support for those guys, and they never really acquired it until Parise had been severely hampered by back injuries. He had just come off of 2 great seasons in New Jersey, but in the west it was a different game, Minnesota lacked the goaltending that NJ had, and didn't have the same defensive commitment from top to bottom. Then injuries hit and Parise diminished far quicker than anyone could have predicted.

Suter has maintained his steady level of play, but he has never struck me as being that elite level of franchise defenseman like Doughty, Karlsson, and Hedman, etc. Certainly a top pairing on every team, and probably the number one guy on 25 teams, but he doesn't win you games the same way those other guys do.

Neither of them are the franchise caliber of player like Crosby, Tavares, Ovechkin, McDavid, Karlsson, and to a lesser extent Kane, Malkin, and Kopitar. The former group being few and far between in a generational sense. Back then those twin contracts were massive, now not so much, but in the now, it's like you say UW, they are that tweener team that looks to contend on paper but lacks the final piece, and doesn't have the expendable pieces to acquire it via trade, and will need to get awfully lucky at the draft table to find it there because they keep making the playoffs but will need a miracle to get out of the second round.....when they even get that far.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10777
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 am
SKYO wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 am
Ducks re-sign Henrique, which means Devils get their 3rd rounder next year as well.
Adam Henrique's five-year extension with Anaheim carries an AAV of $5.825M
Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:07 am
From SN.

CAL signs Elias Lindholm 6x$4.85. No clauses
Horvat signing looking better and better...
Both signings look pretty good
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9283
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:59 pm

cap moves at the cost of a young promising netminder.
capfriendly:

Brooks Orpik was traded from Washington to Colorado along with Philipp Grubauer on June 22nd.

Colorado then bought out the final season of Orpik's contract on June 24th.

Orpik now returns to the #Caps on a 1 year deal worth $1,000,000.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13031
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:52 pm

SKYO wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:59 pm
cap moves at the cost of a young promising netminder.
capfriendly:

Brooks Orpik was traded from Washington to Colorado along with Philipp Grubauer on June 22nd.

Colorado then bought out the final season of Orpik's contract on June 24th.

Orpik now returns to the #Caps on a 1 year deal worth $1,000,000.

And by trading Orpik to the Avs they were in a position to resign him. Had they bought him out they would not have been able to do so.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9283
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:33 pm

mn sign their last big RFA - ZUCKER mania
Zucker agree to a five-year, $27.5 million contract
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10777
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:47 pm

Dan Hamhuis signs in Nashville for 1.25 million a year. LOL good for him. He’d be the #3 guy here but wouldn’t even crack the top 7 at that salary.

For the way the treated him and the fact they got fuck all for him, I really wish they’d have kept him in hindsight. Guy bled blue and green.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Post Reply