Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by rats19 »

Damn....
Getting old is not for the young...
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Can't stand the saying - "Thoughts and Prayers"
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:31 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:52 pm Not NHL related but....

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Friday, April 6, 2018 9:11PM EDT
Last Updated Friday, April 6, 2018 9:46PM EDT
Multiple people are dead after a bus carrying a junior hockey team to a game in Saskatchewan collided with a transport truck on a rural highway, according to RCMP.
RCMP have confirmed “fatalities” and a number of injuries in the crash involving the Humboldt Broncos team bus. Officials have not confirmed the number of dead and injured.
The team is part of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League, which is open to players 20 years or younger.
PHOTOS
RCMP Saskatchewan generic
The crash occurred about 30 kilometres north of Tisdale, Sask. Traffic in the area is expected to be delayed for several hours, RCMP said.
Two air ambulance helicopters were dispatched to the scene, a spokesperson from STARS Ambulance told CTV News. The two aircraft flew in from Regina and Saskatoon.

The Nipawin Hawks were scheduled to play the team Friday night, but confirmed that the game has been cancelled due to the crash.

Thoughts and prayers!!
I know people on this bus, it’s not looking good.
Sorry to hear this.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Sounds like Patrick Sharp might be retiring too.

I wonder if the twins and him told each other of their retirement plans at the end of the Van Chi game?
Try to focus on THIS year... again
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

14 dead, 14 seriously injured. Horrific crash.
The only HW the Canucks need
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:19 am 14 dead, 14 seriously injured. Horrific crash.
Luckily the young man I know Is in stable condition, but the loss of life from this accident is sickening, all from a blown stop sign by a truck driver.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:24 pm Can't stand the saying - "Thoughts and Prayers"
Me either

https://youtu.be/T9SKkd79AjQ
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

"evolution"
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

It was said:

"The bus was T-boned by a transport truck, according to the president of the Nipawin Hawks, who were scheduled to play the Broncos Friday night."

But it almost looks like the bus t-boned the truck right in the middle.

Either way it appears one of em went through the stop sign.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I fucking hate section roads.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

The truck t-boned the bus right near the front, basically demolishing the front end then flipping the bus on its side and pulling the roof right off.

My wife’s family knows some of the boys families, my stepdaughter knows one of the first responders that was on scene. Both communities are in complete shock.

I think the phrase “thoughts and prayers” is definitely overused but acknowledging support for these poor families isn’t a bad thing. For those interested there is a go fund me page set up for the families involved to help with expenses! Quick search and you’ll find it no problem.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

thanks for clarifying a18.

--

Ken Holland has re-signed to a two year contract extension.
#RedWings Governor Christopher Ilitch announces that executive vice president and general manager Ken Holland has been signed to a two-year contract extension.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Aaronp18 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:56 pm The truck t-boned the bus right near the front, basically demolishing the front end then flipping the bus on its side and pulling the roof right off.

My wife’s family knows some of the boys families, my stepdaughter knows one of the first responders that was on scene. Both communities are in complete shock.

I think the phrase “thoughts and prayers” is definitely overused but acknowledging support for these poor families isn’t a bad thing. For those interested there is a go fund me page set up for the families involved to help with expenses! Quick search and you’ll find it no problem.
Grew up in Humboldt and what you said matches what I’ve heard, the semi flew through the stop sign and due to a bluff being close to the intersection the bus driver had no time to react.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:19 am Ahead of Olaf
Buddy. He was taken ahead of Olli. Remember?
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Aaronp18 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:56 pm The truck t-boned the bus right near the front, basically demolishing the front end then flipping the bus on its side and pulling the roof right off.

The Canucks donated $29,000 to the fund. I hope other nhl teams step up also.