Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

$lacker
CC Rookie

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by $lacker »

And now Shea Webber for PK Subban and Stamkos back to Tampa. What a day.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Have to give credit where credit is due, Benning's deal for Gudbranson is looking pretty damn sweet right around now.

When I first saw the headline I just assumed Ekman-Larsson. Looks like EDM got fleeced.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

find it fascinating our Gm gets destroyed for giving up a 2 and Jared McCann for Gudbradsson but for Petes Sake in Edmonton with his stylish moustache hauls in Adam 15 pts in 81 games Larsson... Taylor Hall could be running a illegal gambling operation while selling coke to minors in Brazil.. regardless of his off the ice issues if they are real and I have no idea if they are or not didn't stop the oilers from bringing in the Zack attack u gotta do better... Tyler Seguin doing ok in Dallas If im a Gm in this league im on the phone seeing what i can get for Yakopov what a JOKE...
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Now the Hipster dufus in Montreal just traded Pk Subban to Nashville BUT OUR GM is a bad guy for spreading rumors UNBELIEVABLE....
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:zomg hall for larsson?? I gotta check the shenanigans everywhere mwahaha.

wtf and pk for shea? :shock: at my old chinese diner whose now retired said as he gave me my food, too muchy, too muchy. :shock:
And Nashville may have to be relocated to Quebec then PK can play his old team and beat the shit out of them!

I guess the Coilers never would have dealt with us anyways. Not Larsen, larceny!
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

After hearing some of the stories I too was really confused as to why Chiarelli would want anything to do with Kassian. Maybe as that cautionary tale for his younger players? :mrgreen:

Oilers aren't done.
The only HW the Canucks need
sk8er
CC Rookie

Post by sk8er »

Is it confirmed stamps staying in Tampa? If so..........happy happy he didn't go to tranna, like the center of the universe stated with certainty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also, hope Lucic goes to Dallas. He might not play with mcjesus, but he would have seguin, with a lot less issues!!
Do it looch!
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

sk8er wrote:Is it confirmed stamps staying in Tampa? If so..........happy happy he didn't go to tranna, like the center of the universe stated with certainty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Also, hope Lucic goes to Dallas. He might not play with mcjesus, but he would have seguin, with a lot less issues!!
Do it looch!

8 years, 68M, cap of 8.5.

Significantly less cap wise from what he could have gotten.

Factor in:

No state income tax
Contender, not a pretender
8 years vs 7 years

Hard to see a sign and trade with the cap hit Tampa wanted. If it was 10-11M in cap I could see a sign and trade. But if there was a sign and trade Stamkos would have wanted that 10-11M I would think.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
$lacker
CC Rookie

Post by $lacker »

sk8er wrote:Is it confirmed stamps staying in Tampa? If so..........happy happy he didn't go to tranna, like the center of the universe stated with certainty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Do it looch!
Yep, very cap friendly deal too considering the numbers that were being thrown around, 8.5 mill cap hit.

http://www.tsn.ca/stamkos-to-stay-in-ta ... g-1.517913
Boston Canucker
CC Veteran

Post by Boston Canucker »

Crazy trades. Gudbranson really does look better. The Subban-Weber deal is way worse. Larsson could turn out to be a consistent top 2 for Edmonton and Hall can be injury prone, so that could, maybe (although still terrible right now) work out. But freaking Weber for Subban, age, contract terms, nuts...Bergevin got his head messed up with Benning's tampering I guess :)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Quick offer up Sbisa for Yakupov!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

$lacker wrote:
Do it looch!
Yep, very cap friendly deal too considering the numbers that were being thrown around, 8.5 mill cap hit.

http://www.tsn.ca/stamkos-to-stay-in-ta ... g-1.517913
I'll be damned. Wasn't bout the money after all, WOW!
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Weber the victim of that offer sheet he signed with the Flyers. He got no trade protection. Subban dumped before his NMC kicks in.

This is a great old fashioned hockey trade.
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Hockey Widow wrote:After hearing some of the stories I too was really confused as to why Chiarelli would want anything to do with Kassian. Maybe as that cautionary tale for his younger players? :mrgreen:

Oilers aren't done.
Your take on the Hipster GM in Montreal moving PK cause they shop at the same stores and i look ridiculous wearing PKs clothes Bergevin...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:Quick offer up Sbisa for Yakupov!
Ya, right now while things are hot and Edmonton have lost their minds!!!
"evolution"