Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Reefer2 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:58 pm

damonberryman wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I was so done with Bonino when he was here. As a second line centre our lack of depth showed. As a third line centre on an otherwise stacked team he looks like a superman.

But if all you want to compare is contracts......
Bonino's a solid distributor, far better at using his line mates than Sutter. He won't anchor a line, but he's effective when you put him with good players. He was a .5PPG player here, regular season and playoffs. We were spoiled with those years of Kesler anchoring the 2nd line, but I'm not sure what people expected out of Bonino when he was here. He's been a better 3rd line C in Pittsburgh than Sutter was. Bonino is the more productive player and obviously picks up his game come playoff time and even playing with defensively questionable players like Kessel he's not a liability defensively. The contract just makes it all the more obvious that Pittsburgh smashed that deal out of the park.
I do not get how you write off Sutter given the year he had with injuries. Give it a fucking rest already. For fuck sake, some of you argue these fucking points till the paint comes off. Get a life or come up with less predictable topics. Shit. I do not even have to look to see who is the source of half this thread. Same old song every fucking time. Shut up all of you predictable pricks. Benning has more hockey sense than all of us put together but he ain't God. Everyone makes mistakes. Check out your mothers for having some of you.
Damon - let it go, no worries, some here post for shits and giggles, others post because they have no life or identity and come here and can be king of the cyber hill.

But it is a message board and it is summer and with nothing else going on boys will be boys.

I do agree that most threads are derailed by the same small minority of 4 - 6 posters who goes on and on about the same thing in every thread.

Come on HW, you must have more information to provide? Give us something to talk about other than GM so and so sucks and this centre is better than that centre.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:09 pm

damonberryman wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:I was so done with Bonino when he was here. As a second line centre our lack of depth showed. As a third line centre on an otherwise stacked team he looks like a superman.

Bonino's a solid distributor, far better at using his line mates than Sutter. He won't anchor a line, but he's effective when you put him with good players. He was a .5PPG player here, regular season and playoffs. We were spoiled with those years of Kesler anchoring the 2nd line, but I'm not sure what people expected out of Bonino when he was here. He's been a better 3rd line C in Pittsburgh than Sutter was. Bonino is the more productive player and obviously picks up his game come playoff time and even playing with defensively questionable players like Kessel he's not a liability defensively. The contract just makes it all the more obvious that Pittsburgh smashed that deal out of the park.
I do not get how you write off Sutter given the year he had with injuries. Give it a fucking rest already. For fuck sake, some of you argue these fucking points till the paint comes off. Get a life or come up with less predictable topics. Shit. I do not even have to look to see who is the source of half this thread. Same old song every fucking time. Shut up all of you predictable pricks. Benning has more hockey sense than all of us put together but he ain't God. Everyone makes mistakes. Check out your mothers for having some of you.
Shut the fuck up or I'll get that midget Liar dickey00L to come over to your house and punch you in the face :evil:

Just kidding :D Yeah, what Reef said, try to breathe and bare it until the 24th and all is good. An annual CC event to cull the heard of dumbasses 'Hi' Mickey :D ).
Then from July 1st on we will have some shit to discuss (or go on vacation like normal people :eh: )...right now it's the...Danger Zone!

IN & Blob
Last edited by Arachnid on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Island Nucklehead singing Bonino's praises with Glee, like he's known all along. If he loves him so much then he must've loved the Kesler trade! Mr "I Told You So", Mr "Hindsight", Mr. "Afterthefact". I can only imagine IN littering these boards admitting his poor judgement in Bonino had he not been phoning it in like last years playoffs. These are the kind of dudes Blobby Mac rolls with - Island Hillbilly - "Mr "Known All Along"
Last edited by RoyalDude on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:10 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
damonberryman wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Damon - let it go, no worries, some here post for shits and giggles, others post because they have no life or identity and come here and can be king of the cyber hill.

But it is a message board and it is summer and with nothing else going on boys will be boys.

I do agree that most threads are derailed by the same small minority of 4 - 6 posters who goes on and on about the same thing in every thread.

Come on HW, you must have more information to provide? Give us something to talk about other than GM so and so sucks and this centre is better than that centre.
:lol: Yeah, it's all HWs fault :twisted:

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:14 pm

damonberryman wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

LOL
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:50 pm

3. Milan Lucic, 6 years, $6 million AAV

We know for sure that Lucic is going to cash in this summer. We don't know who's going to give him that money, but someone will. And from the look of things, it might not be his current team.

The rumors that came out this week were that Lucic was seeking the numbers you see above, but the Kings are offering a little less than that in terms of money, and 33 percent less in terms of years. What the Kings have on the table is a sane way to treat a 28-year-old who hasn't cleared 60 points in four seasons, who has dealt with fitness issues, and is generally seen as a big, physical presence in addition to being able to score a bit.

Do you want to give a second-line guy like that $6 million until he's 34? He scored 20 goals last season. The odds that he scores fewer as he ages out of his prime increase significantly. It's a real concern.

Again, someone (Vancouver) is going to give him that money (Jim Benning) but we're not sure who (it'll be the Canucks), but it really looks like a bad bet.
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/the-6-crazies ... 36751.html

So with all the talk about Lucic signing here that must mean he doesn't.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Do you want to give a second-line guy like that $6 million until he's 34? He scored 20 goals last season. The odds that he scores fewer as he ages out of his prime increase significantly. It's a real concern.

Again, someone (Vancouver) is going to give him that money (Jim Benning) but we're not sure who (it'll be the Canucks), but it really looks like a bad bet.

So it's good we (as in my armchair GM) are going to try to trade with Columbus #3 and one of their expensive LW's, for our #5 plus affordable depth/prospects trades.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
3. Milan Lucic, 6 years, $6 million AAV

We know for sure that Lucic is going to cash in this summer. We don't know who's going to give him that money, but someone will. And from the look of things, it might not be his current team.

The rumors that came out this week were that Lucic was seeking the numbers you see above, but the Kings are offering a little less than that in terms of money, and 33 percent less in terms of years. What the Kings have on the table is a sane way to treat a 28-year-old who hasn't cleared 60 points in four seasons, who has dealt with fitness issues, and is generally seen as a big, physical presence in addition to being able to score a bit.

Yeah but he will sell tickets :roll:

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:42 pm

What I've heard............

JK
The only HW the Canucks need

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:What I've heard............

JK
Dirty. :evil: :devil:

:lol:

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:27 am

Arachnid wrote:
damonberryman wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Shut the fuck up or I'll get that midget Liar dickey00L to come over to your house and punch you in the face :evil:

Just kidding :D Yeah, what Reef said, try to breathe and bare it until the 24th and all is good. An annual CC event to cull the heard of dumbasses 'Hi' Mickey :D ).
Then from July 1st on we will have some shit to discuss (or go on vacation like normal people :eh: )...right now it's the...Danger Zone!

IN & Blob
I saw that, you ugly bug. :D
"evolution"

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:46 am

Meh.

We can sign looch to a 6x6. It don't matter. 2/3 do the contract will be on LTIR anyway...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:38 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:Meh.

We can sign looch to a 6x6. It don't matter. 2/3 do the contract will be on LTIR anyway...
Smartest thing I've heard in days!!
I like it.... ;)
"evolution"

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ESQ » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:15 am

Carlyle back coaching the Ducks.

I'm sure Kesler will love his new "proven motivator" coach :lol:

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:42 pm

damonberryman wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

I think maybe some folks just think Sutter is getting a little more money than a third line center should.
I say third line because I really want to see Horvat as our #2.
If Sutter could play on the Sedin line and put up points, well that's a different story.
Doubt if that's the plan though.
"evolution"