Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lucic is a changed man now. He wants to come home as much as Shea Weber and Jamie Benn wanted to come home. Not. Would you want to play in this fishbowl with all these nutbar Canuck fans and media, miserable rainy weather and your family and old highschool buds nagging you all the time? Get me the hell outta dodge. I'd take the hometown discount to stay in LA for sure. I feel bad for Virtanen, his Mom must be on him like white on rice, his highschool buds are probably wanting to hang out at his Yaletown pad all the time to play video games and smoke weed. No escaping it
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

RoyalDude wrote:Lucic is a changed man now. He wants to come home as much as Shea Weber and Jamie Benn wanted to come home. Not. Would you want to play in this fishbowl with all these nutbar Canuck fans and media, miserable rainy weather and your family and old highschool buds nagging you all the time? Get me the hell outta dodge. I'd take the hometown discount to stay in LA for sure. I feel bad for Virtanen, his Mom must be on him like white on rice, his highschool buds are probably wanting to hang out at his Yaletown pad all the time to play video games and smoke weed. No escaping it
I think that job application you submitted for "Ministry of Tourism" was shredded. Sorry :(
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Lucic is a changed man now. He wants to come home as much as Shea Weber and Jamie Benn wanted to come home. Not. Would you want to play in this fishbowl with all these nutbar Canuck fans and media, miserable rainy weather and your family and old highschool buds nagging you all the time? Get me the hell outta dodge. I'd take the hometown discount to stay in LA for sure. I feel bad for Virtanen, his Mom must be on him like white on rice, his highschool buds are probably wanting to hang out at his Yaletown pad all the time to play video games and smoke weed. No escaping it

Weber was prepared to sign the same offer sheet with us that Philadelphia gave him. But MG told him it will be matched by Nashville so instead tried to get him to sign a huge one year deal that would allow him to be a FA the next year. His agent however feared the unknown changes the new CBA might bring and wanted his home run contract done before the expected changes. Point is Weber was prepared to play here.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Weber was prepared to sign the same offer sheet with us that Philadelphia gave him. But MG told him it will be matched by Nashville so instead tried to get him to sign a huge one year deal that would allow him to be a FA the next year. His agent however feared the unknown changes the new CBA might bring and wanted his home run contract done before the expected changes. Point is Weber was prepared to play here.
Contrary to popular belief makes your post regarding this subject one big massive pile of bull shite. Worst kept secret is that of ole Weber not fancying the idea of playing in his home province in front of the lunatics of BC.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Lucic likes Benning (boston days) and Vancouver, but after playing in LA in the nice weather, he'd like to stay....IF they can show him the $money$, however if Dean Lombardi can't find someone to take Brown's huge contract and others, they'll have to let Looch walk.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

SKYO wrote:Lucic likes Benning (boston days) and Vancouver, but after playing in LA in the nice weather, he'd like to stay....IF they can show him the $money$, however if Dean Lombardi can't find someone to take Brown's huge contract and others, they'll have to let Looch walk.
If it happened, could he keep his nose clean around here?
What do you think?
"evolution"
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

micky107 wrote:
SKYO wrote:Lucic likes Benning (boston days) and Vancouver, but after playing in LA in the nice weather, he'd like to stay....IF they can show him the $money$, however if Dean Lombardi can't find someone to take Brown's huge contract and others, they'll have to let Looch walk.
If it happened, could he keep his nose clean around here?
What do you think?
Yup, right now he's in high end partytown, cocainecentral, he's a family man now, and I think he won't be going to the local bars for awhile here anymore after that bruins hater commoner wanted to scrap him hahah.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Weber was prepared to sign the same offer sheet with us that Philadelphia gave him. But MG told him it will be matched by Nashville so instead tried to get him to sign a huge one year deal that would allow him to be a FA the next year. His agent however feared the unknown changes the new CBA might bring and wanted his home run contract done before the expected changes. Point is Weber was prepared to play here.
Contrary to popular belief makes your post regarding this subject one big massive pile of bull shite. Worst kept secret is that of ole Weber not fancying the idea of playing in his home province in front of the lunatics of BC.
Whoa whoa whoa, you're calling BS on HW??

This unchecked aggression shall not stand! I appreciate your insight on drafting and prospects, but you can't make a statement like that and call it "worst kept secret" without reference to a single source.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

ESQ wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Weber was prepared to sign the same offer sheet with us that Philadelphia gave him. But MG told him it will be matched by Nashville so instead tried to get him to sign a huge one year deal that would allow him to be a FA the next year. His agent however feared the unknown changes the new CBA might bring and wanted his home run contract done before the expected changes. Point is Weber was prepared to play here.

This unchecked aggression shall not stand! I appreciate your insight on drafting and prospects, but you can't make a statement like that and call it "worst kept secret" without reference to a single source.
Haven't you noticed? RoyalDude is on a "Vancouver is a horrible place to play" kick lately...
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ESQ wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

I don't mind being challenged or called out. I just don't get the nastiness and aggression behind it. It's uncalled for. There is a civil way of holding discussions.

MG talked on this at length, several times. Nashville let every GM know that they would match any offer sheet. If the CBA was not expiring Weber would have gone for the one year deal and become a FA. Doesn't guarantee he would pick Vancouer though. But all indications were that he was not opposed to signing here. Contrary to the beliefs held by some.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:I feel bad for Virtanen, his Mom must be on him like white on rice, his highschool buds are probably wanting to hang out at his Yaletown pad all the time to play video games and smoke weed. No escaping it
I had no idea you went to highschool with him. I hope she's not too mean and let's you boys have your fun.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Caggiula making the rounds now. Expected in Vancouver sometime over the next 10 days, give or take.

http://www.tsn.ca/free-agent-caggiula-b ... s-1.474440
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Bergeron, Kopitar, Kesler nominated for Selke. Kesler had a good year and a great year as far as Selke candidates go. But I think it's Bergeron's to lose.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote:Caggiula making the rounds now. Expected in Vancouver sometime over the next 10 days, give or take.

Not knowing a lot about the Frozen competition, how can this be compared to? it is equivalent to WHL etc or lower?
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Caggiula making the rounds now. Expected in Vancouver sometime over the next 10 days, give or take.

Not knowing a lot about the Frozen competition, how can this be compared to? it is equivalent to WHL etc or lower?

The US College hockey due to the fast rising USHL is on its way to becoming the powerhouse junior league of North America. I was watching the Brandon Wheat King vs Red Deer Rebel playoff game the other night, it's looks so amateur Mickey Mouse compared to collegiate hockey. The camera work in the CHL hasn't advanced much since the Punch McLean days of the New Westminster Bruins. The play by play is awful. Very Dan Russell like. I felt like I was watching a lacrosse game on TV. The CHL product is becoming awful. A lot of empty arenas across the CHL.