Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper »

The cap recapture is because his contract, like Bobby Lu's is front loaded. The Kings got cap relief early in the contract (actual salary - average annual salary). The league makes teams eat that relief no matter what. If the player is traded, the cap recapture still applies to the team that received the benefit of the front loaded salary.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Pierre MacGuire saying it's an issue at the border.

The question is: which one?
The anal one? :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:The cap recapture is because his contract, like Bobby Lu's is front loaded. The Kings got cap relief early in the contract (actual salary - average annual salary). The league makes teams eat that relief no matter what. If the player is traded, the cap recapture still applies to the team that received the benefit of the front loaded salary.
http://web.archive.org/web/201408062108 ... pture-grid

Kings will have to endure a $1.32 cap penalty for each of the next 5 seasons....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:The cap recapture is because his contract, like Bobby Lu's is front loaded. The Kings got cap relief early in the contract (actual salary - average annual salary). The league makes teams eat that relief no matter what. If the player is traded, the cap recapture still applies to the team that received the benefit of the front loaded salary.
http://web.archive.org/web/201408062108 ... pture-grid

Kings will have to endure a $1.32 cap penalty for each of the next 5 seasons....
Since we are eating $800,000 on Luongo until he retires then perhaps a massive cap recapture if he retires early, I will stifle my laughter. But still glad they get stuck with something.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

That's why I laughed!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Flames sign Hamilton, 6 years @ 5.75per.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

A little more info on Richards.

RCMP and CBSA investigating.
Mike Richards is involved in an ongoing investigation by the RCMP stemming from an off-ice incident, ESPN reported on Tuesday, a day after the veteran forward's contract was mysteriously terminated by the Los Angeles Kings.

No charges have been brought against Richards, who hails from Kenora, Ont., ESPN reported an RCMP spokesman as saying.

Canadian Border Services is also involved in the investigation, according to the report.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Flames sign Hamilton, 6 years @ 5.75per.

So much for the Bruins story that they couldn't sign Hamilton for less than 6.5 million which lead to his trade. They say he turned down a 5 year 5.5 per deal. Really shaking my head on this one. Now the rumour is they feel he is all offence and no defence, a clash in the pN. Well I guess we get a front row seat for 6 years to see if this is true.
Rayxor
CC Veteran

Post by Rayxor »

How much undeclared produce do you have to bring across the border to have your contract terminated?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:

So much for the Bruins story that they couldn't sign Hamilton for less than 6.5 million which lead to his trade. They say he turned down a 5 year 5.5 per deal. Really shaking my head on this one. Now the rumour is they feel he is all offence and no defence, a clash in the pN. Well I guess we get a front row seat for 6 years to see if this is true.
More reasons to hate the Flames.

#jelly :evil:

The one thing the Canucks have ever needed for the past 45 years - a potential #1 dman.
We were in on targeting (allegedly) Hedman, Ekblad and Myers... all failed.

And here the Flames were gifted Hamilton via trade. ffs
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Boston Canucker
CC Veteran

Post by Boston Canucker »

Hockey Widow wrote:

The story with the Boston sports radio talking heads, both stations, is that Hamilton "didn't want to be here," not that the Bruins didn't want to sign him. That said, it's a long standing practice in Boston, much more so than the other two cities I've lived in (NYC and Van) to totally trash anyone who leaves. So, who knows what the truth is. But one guy on the radio says he has a source that said Hamilton's agent let them know he'd like to be elsewhere, and so a good portion of the talk radio talk is why he'd want out...who knows what the truth is.

I do see the Bruins got a 1st and a prospect for Martin Jones from SJS, so good move by the Bruins on that one and makes the Lack return even more pathetic. A 1st for Martin Jones and not even a 2nd for Lack! turrible!
Jovocop
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Jovocop »

Boston Canucker wrote: I do see the Bruins got a 1st and a prospect for Martin Jones from SJS, so good move by the Bruins on that one and makes the Lack return even more pathetic. A 1st for Martin Jones and not even a 2nd for Lack! turrible!
Doug Wilson must hate Jim Benning. Wilson could have Lack and Bieksa for pretty much next to nothing. Instead, he wasted a 1st rounder and a prospect on an unproven goalie. WTF?
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Jones deal is a real head scratcher.

I cannot understand why Buffalo and SJS both gave up a first rounder. It really does make one wonder why no one offered a second for Lack. I still think the Canucks got market for Lack,obviously since no one offered more than Carolina.

Talbot I get, he was super hyped by NYR but even he didn't get a first. SJS got fleeced.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SJ bought in a sellers market, Vancouver sold in a buyers market.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Topper wrote:SJ bought in a sellers market, Vancouver sold in a buyers market.
So you would suggest that Benning should have held off until after the draft in order to get a better return on Lack? Was Brisebois worth more than what Benning may have got in next year's draft? I guess we'll see.

I'd still love to see that c*nt Wilson get inoperable colon cancer and Jones become a coke-snorting sieve.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.