Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by 2Fingers »

Lancer - the Nucks are up against the cap as well, how can they take advantage of another team?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Reefer2 wrote:Lancer - the Nucks are up against the cap as well, how can they take advantage of another team?
With Benning doing the trading, we won't be taking advantage of anyone. Dude needs to stick to drafting.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah it will be other teams GMs pinning Ignitowski up against the tree and having their way with him .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Boston Canucker
CC Veteran

Post by Boston Canucker »

Hockey Widow wrote:As disappointed/pissed we may be imagine the problems in Pittsburg, Boston, LA, SJS. Tampa may join the list along with Washington or NYI. All teams with much higher expectations than us. Tampa and NYI are on the rise, they will be ok. But the others, well let's just say they have some rebuilding to do to. Imagine if Ottaa upsets Montreal, Minny takes St. Louis. Only one team can win, the other 29 will be second guessing.
Yes, I think there will be a major bloodletting if St. Louis in particular does not advance. I think they've won, maybe two series, in the past 8-10 yrs or something. Can't recall the numbers, clearly, but it ain't good. That team should be making a run, at least to the conf finals, and they keep gagging it up in the first round. If MTL loses, I think they'll be calmer. They know they've been riding Price and need to improve anyway. I can see some potential good trade partners out there.
Boston Canucker
CC Veteran

Reefer2 wrote:Lancer - the Nucks are up against the cap as well, how can they take advantage of another team?
Get KB3, Higgins and maybe Burrows too off the roster for picks/prospects by the draft; would free up about 10 mill I think. I'm not saying that would be easy to do, but I'm hoping GMJB is seeking Bieksa and Higgins as items to be shipped out anyway, regardless of cost, and then maybe Burrows depending on return, etc
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boston Canucker wrote:
Get KB3, Higgins and maybe Burrows too off the roster for picks/prospects by the draft; would free up about 10 mill I think. I'm not saying that would be easy to do, but I'm hoping GMJB is seeking Bieksa and Higgins as items to be shipped out anyway, regardless of cost, and then maybe Burrows depending on return, etc

I'd hate to trade Burrows as he is one of the guys who actually shows up in the playoffs but we might be able to get something decent for him. I could care less what we get for Higgins, just get rid of him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:As disappointed/pissed we may be imagine the problems in Pittsburg, Boston, LA, SJS. Tampa may join the list along with Washington or NYI. All teams with much higher expectations than us. Tampa and NYI are on the rise, they will be ok. But the others, well let's just say they have some rebuilding to do to. Imagine if Ottaa upsets Montreal, Minny takes St. Louis. Only one team can win, the other 29 will be second guessing.
You're missing the point. All those teams you mention, their best players are way younger than ours. Yes, Thornton and Marleau are the same age as the Sedins but we don't have Couture, Pavelski and Burns. Chara is on his last legs but they have Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Rask, Hamilton, Marchand
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Boston Canucker
CC Veteran

RoyalDude wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:

I'd hate to trade Burrows as he is one of the guys who actually shows up in the playoffs but we might be able to get something decent for him. I could care less what we get for Higgins, just get rid of him
Yes, I'm not avid about trading Burrows (the other two are either addition by subtraction, Bieksa, or are taking up room a younger guy could go do, Higgins) but if we're thinking about the future, the very tangibles Burrows offers could make a decent return, possibly picks/prospects, preferably in the D area.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:Lucic even revived his dream of playing for the Canucks after his contract is up. My friend asked him if he would re-sign in Boston after Benning left and he was non committal. He believes he may be dealt at the next trade deadline. Like all players he would, in all likelihood, re up in Boston if the money and term are there but he doesn't think it will be there.
I heard through 2nd hand accounts that Lucic said he would consider playing in Vancouver, if we overpaid him. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the big fella as he's in his last year of his contract. He's one guy who totally fits the bill of our need for more grit.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He would consider playing here if the Canucks overpaid him ? Who told you that Todd one of the hockey helmet wearing students you teach ? :stupid:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:He would consider playing here if the Canucks overpaid him ? Who told you that Todd one of the hockey helmet wearing students you teach ? :stupid:
C'mon, you're such a smart guy right? Do the math man, Lucic is like 26, u think any kids in the current school system would know him? I guess I'm wrong and your not bright enuff to put 1+1 together. 8-)

Wait, but then again, I think one of those helmet wearing students in my class is your kid. He told me. I feel for that kid, he's totally messed up cuz of one of his parents, he has no chance in life. :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yes Todd you are a pretty crafty indivdual and it's a sad indictment of the education system that pinheads like you hold down jobs teaching kids . Kind of explains why most of the kids today are as dumb as a fucking stump .

Moving on because nobody wants to see the schoolyard mongoloid get speed bagged , is there any truth to your silly statement or are you just spewing gas to be heard?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I heard most players in the league would play pretty much anywhere if a team overpaid them.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

If Boston is non committal on Lucic and look to move him he would be a perfect asshole to ride shotgun for McJesus. Chiarelli has the pieces to make that move happen. Why would Lucic go to Edmonton? A chance to play with McJesus in his contract year. Enough said.

What I heard Lucic say about playing in Vancouver is that he would love to come home, but no home town discounts. Is that the same as overpaying? :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Moving on because nobody wants to see the schoolyard mongoloid get speed bagged , is there any truth to your silly statement or are you just spewing gas to be heard?
LOL* Just look in the mirror man. We've had our dust ups before, so we agreed to stay away from each other's posts and we were cool for a long time. Yet lately, u have been starting up again with the cheap shots. I'll take the hits, but I will take a note of the number on the jersey and when I see an opening, I'll deliver a blow like Bure on Churla. :lol:

Just stay out of my way and u will be fine. I was just minding my own business responding to something HW said, yet u had to stick your nose into it with an insult. U wanna ask me where I heard this? That is fine. U hurl an insult at me? U can expect repurcussions. A big part of my job is to teach manners and respect, it's sad that I have to do it in a supposably adult board. Danny Boy and Rummy Boy take note.

Like I said, it's 2nd hand information. It's not from anyone from the inside hockey circle, just a friend. Do I believe it? I dunno, might be true, might not be. Just shit u might hear chatting with doods at a bar watching a game. Just thought I might throw it out there since the topic came up.
Strangelove wrote:I heard most players in the league would play pretty much anywhere if a team overpaid them.
Well said Doc, common sense, use it Blobby Boy. Maybe lay off the booze and the weed a bit before it fries your brain.