Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO »

That's shitty Saskquatch, hook it up, I can maybe persuade my RDcreeper good looks on em.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Topper wrote:Don't get me started on the stupid hippies in my area. Between the hippies and the religious fanatics, my region of BC has the lowest immunization rate in BC. Outbreaks in schools are near annual events.
Strangely it's the well-educated that are rejecting vaccinations these days, from what I've read.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Last night, Oilers at home to the Ducks:

Later on, same game:

NO OILER SAYS BOO!!

OMG it must SUCK to be an Oiler goalie right about now! :wow:

George Laraque's twitter response today to Scrivens getting run over:

https://twitter.com/GeorgesLaraque/stat ... 1505250306

"Hey @EdmontonOilers I'm back ready to lace them up, I might not help us win but won't go down without a fight!"

Might not be totally awesome to be a Nuck fan tonight, but hey, could be worse...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

This may be more embarrassing then the Edmonton Oilers record.

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

5thhorseman wrote:Don't kids get vaccinated for mumps these days? Or were all the hockey moms afraid of autism?
The thing with the mumps is you need to get booster shots throughout your life. Most people don't unless they travel - Crosby's case is a weird one as apparently not only did he get the MMR booster before Sochi, he also tested negative for the mumps in the last few days.

If other players stories are similar, one has to wonder what we're dealing with.. a strain of the mumps that is resistant to inoculation?
Topper wrote:Don't get me started on the stupid hippies in my area. Between the hippies and the religious fanatics, my region of BC has the lowest immunization rate in BC. Outbreaks in schools are near annual events.
Imagine having a kid with a compromised immune system that can't be vaccinated.. I'm getting furious just sitting here thinking of it. :scowl:

There oughta be a law on the books that keeps those kids out of schools and other public places.

If a parent doesn't want to take part in society, why don't they double down and just fuck right off from all of it.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Oilers have fired Head Coach Dallas Eakins.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Oilers have fired Head Coach Dallas Eakins.
That'll fix 'em!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Oilers have fired Head Coach Dallas Eakins.
Problem fixed! :D
2019-20 - Playoff Bound
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Datsyuk and Nyquist score same goal 11 years apart on Luongo.

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

finally
I expected him gone after they won the first game after the epic losing skid...

but Mac T is not the answer there either. so they are not getting better soon....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Madcombinepilot wrote: but Mac T is not the answer there either. so they are not getting better soon....
I always thought this was his end-game since he started with the Wolves. No NHL team would give him a job unless it was with Mr. Championships Lowe, and now he's back behind the bench that was so unjustly taken from him (after his blown illegal-stick challenge cost the Oilers a playoff spot).

The fact that he hasn't coached in the NHL for 5 seasons, made it out of the first round once in 8 tries, and missed the playoffs 5 out of 8 seasons doesn't matter apparently - this is the man to turn the corner!

Is this meant to be a return to the "glory days" of the 80s, or the "glory days" of the early-2000s when they at least made it to the playoffs every other year?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Pretty sweet deal for Eakins. He still has 2 1/2 years left on his contract AND he gets to move out of Edmonton. A win-win as far as I can tell.
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

On Voynov and his ongoing trial as reported by TheScore:

The prosecution is painting an ugly portrayal of Slava Voynov.

At his hearing Monday, the Los Angeles Kings defenseman is having the bloody details, descriptions and images pertaining to his alleged attack against his wife illustrated for the judge.

A Redondo Beach police officer took the stand, stating that Voynov's wife said she was struck in the face and was left with a laceration over her left eye that required eight stitches.

But the details didn't stop there.

Officer: Voynov pushed wife to ground multiple times, kicked her repeatedly while on ground, chocked her three times.
— Nathan Fenno (@nathanfenno) December 15, 2014

I can only catch quick glimpses of photos of the injuries to Voynov's wife. Lots of blood.

At Voynov's home, the officer noted blood all over bedroom, including covering comforter and a bloody handprint on floor.

Voynov pleaded not guilty at his arraignment earlier this month.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

herb wrote:Pretty sweet deal for Eakins. He still has 2 1/2 years left on his contract AND he gets to move out of Edmonton. A win-win as far as I can tell.
Tainted rep?
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

donlever wrote:
herb wrote:Pretty sweet deal for Eakins. He still has 2 1/2 years left on his contract AND he gets to move out of Edmonton. A win-win as far as I can tell.
Tainted rep?
Oh totally, but he had to know that was a risk going in.

He made in a hundred games or so what an AHL coach would make in what, 10 years? Plus he'll still be getting paid for the next 2+ years or get a nice buyout.

If he was really such an amazing coach in the AHL, he'll be able to find another job in the 'A', right?