TSN Scoring Predictions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

TSN Scoring Predictions

Post by Southern_Canuck »

2013 NHL Point Projections (Top 300)

4. Henrik Sedin 55 Points
9. Daniel Sedin 47
61. Alexandre Burrows 33
151. (D) Alexander Edler 26
217. Mason Raymond 21
229. David Booth 20
237. Chris Higgins 20
238. Jannik Hansen 20
244. (D) Kevin Bieksa 20
266. (D) Dan Hamhuis 18
270. Ryan Kesler 17
292. (D) Jason Garrison 16

Funny how Raymond gets more love than Booth! And they must think that Kesler will miss half the season for him to be outscored by Hansen, Higgins, Booth and Raymond...

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: TSN Scoring Predictions

Post by SKYO »

Yeah Kesler can't lift his arm past his shoulder, I think he'll come back a month before the playoffs.

Depending on his Edler's health he should be gung ho on racking up the points, due to contract year, he just might price himself out of MG's plans if he has a great season.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Southern_Canuck wrote: Funny how Raymond gets more love than Booth! And they must think that Kesler will miss half the season for him to be outscored by Hansen, Higgins, Booth and Raymond...
They've got Kesler with 17 points in 21 games = not too shabby.

*counts total number of Canuck goals predicted*

Well boys, looks like we'll be playing us some SHUT DOWN HOCKEY!!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Southern_Canuck wrote: Funny how Raymond gets more love than Booth!

S_C
...and why shouldn't he? What the fuck has David Booth done to blow your hair back since he's been here?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Southern_Canuck wrote: Funny how Raymond gets more love than Booth!

S_C
...and why shouldn't he? What the fuck has David Booth done to blow your hair back since he's been here?
For starters PPG is higher for Booth.....
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Kind of unrelated but I have the 10th and 11th pick in my fantasy hockey league and one of the picks will be used on a goalie but my other pick is either going to be henrik or niklas backstrom. Who do I pick or is there anyone else I should pick that will most likely going to be left by the 10th pick.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Some thoughts on the Sedins.

Before 2005/06 they were second line forwards who scored at a second line pace. Following the 2004/05 lockout things changed. Henrik saw a 33 point jump in production and Daniel a 17 point jump. Hank and Dank went from being players who scored at 0.46 and 0.48 PPG to top 3 forwards who put up 1.04 and 1.05 PPG, respectively. Now I grant that the game changed, obstruction was called more frequently and offense was of more importance to the league. The twins also matured and became more confident as individual players. They were stronger physically and more sure of themselves, and of course they were only 24 years old and about to enter their prime NHL years, however, let's not forget that they were also rested and re-focused. Now they are 32 years old, have just had an almost 8 month break from the physcial and mental rigors of NHL competition, are returning to the ice with 6 years of experience as the goto players for their team, and they have always been considered to be late bloomers. So when many players would see age 32 as being the twilight of prime production, these two could actually have another 3 or 4, and as many as 5, years of top line production left in them. I don't expect them to be in the top 5 for scoring, let alone chasing down an Art Ross, but I do think they will surprise the talking heads who like to consider themselves the hockey world's coming of Nostradamus.

Many people look at this lockout as the closing of the Canucks "window of opportunity". I think that with the team we have, the lockout could have been just what they needed in order to get healthy. Let's not forget that when we returned from the 2004/05 lockout the team was nowhere near the same as it is now. We had no goaltending, our defense could contain, though rarely contribute, we were lead up front by the Sedins (who surprised many) and a tired and uncertain Naslund. Kesler and Burrows were just coming into their own, but would be relative non-factors for another couple of seasons. Now we have proven winners in the regular season, a team that knows what it takes to get all the way to the big dance, they know each other and how to play together, we have a goaltending duo that most teams could only dream about, and while there are still a couple of missing pieces the team did get within a game of the Cup 2 years ago without those "essential" pieces. If Gillis holds onto Luongo for the first few weeks, or month even, of the season, there will probably be a few teams that struggle out of the gate who pull an early trigger and cough up more for his services than they are currently willing to. I think that is the safest bet for the Canucks anyhow, let Lou and Schneider split the work to start, go 50/50 and see how Schneider handles the increased work load, we know Louie is capable of playing that starter's role and dealing with the multiple consecutive starts, but the only question mark we have with Schneids is his consistency at the NHL level when being given the nod night in and night out. So what if it all pans out for Schneider and suddenly Gillis is able to move Luongo for a really big piece that fits in on our blueline? I don't think we are going to get that stud anchor that we all would love to see, but what if something gets worked out in mid-February that lands us a bonafide top 2 guy while hanging onto Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, and Garrison. That would probably coincide nicely with Kesler's return and the team would be firing on all cylinders going into early March, which is pretty much the perfect time to start building steam, hit a bump in the road to start April, then buckle down, grab a gear, and haul ass to the finish line.

Just some thoughts. I know we have some question marks as far as players are concerned.....like Raymond, Edler, Booth, Malhotra, and Ballard. But for me the only real area of doubt as far as this team's capability for winning it all is concerned lies behind the bench with Vigneault and Bowness.....and I don't think I need to reiterate my position on them.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

JonT21 wrote: Kind of unrelated but I have the 10th and 11th pick in my fantasy hockey league and one of the picks will be used on a goalie but my other pick is either going to be henrik or niklas backstrom. Who do I pick or is there anyone else I should pick that will most likely going to be left by the 10th pick.

Depends on the kind of league/rules/scoring system/# of GMs/etc.

But without knowing ANY of that I'm gunna say....

Take both Sedins at 10th/11th, get your goalie later! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.