Brian Burke is Dead!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Brian Burke is Dead!

Post by Arachnid »

Long live Brian Burke!

What does this do to the Luo deal?

:roll:

Edit: oops sorry...some context...http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413146

While you were sleeping the twiterverse was abuzz
Last edited by Arachnid on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Brian Burke is Dead!

Post by Boston Canucker »

Holy Shit...I guess Nonis takes over (again!). Crazy, the leaves are just a nut farm, all around.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Bell/Rogers decide he's more valuable in the broadcasting?

Cheeseburger futures are on the rise in the markets this morning.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

*looks over shoulder whilst pissing on Burke's grave*

Blustery Bullshitting Burke....

Obviously he was fired because he wouldn't ante-up for Lu.

Nonis WILL.

Fuck, I'm starting to believe Lu Wongo is headed to the Centre of the Universe.

If that happens I will flick the switch and go from Lu-lover to Lu-hater.

I'm a little pissed because Burkie was doing a good job of fucking up the Leaves.

Hopefully Nonis fills his shoes. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Wow!

Didn't see that coming! I mean yes obviously in this case it is justified but I really thought they would give him the last year of his contract to right the ship. Barring that, I thought it would take Luongo being traded to another team for the leaves brass to say enough is enough. Very interesting timing. Guess he's been a dead man walking this entire lockout!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:*looks over shoulder whilst pissing on Burke's grave*

Blustery Bullshitting Burke....

Obviously he was fired because he wouldn't ante-up for Lu.

Nonis WILL.

Fuck, I'm starting to believe Lu Wongo is headed to the Centre of the Universe.

If that happens I will flick the switch and go from Lu-lover to Lu-hater.

I'm a little pissed because Burkie was doing a good job of fucking up the Leaves.

Hopefully Nonis fills his shoes. :wink:
Toronto already has NHL calibre goaltending... 8-)

Looks like a fire sale, who do you want? 3 firsts should be MGs opening volley at the bow of the sinking HMS Leafless...oh what a bountiful...er...beautiful sight... :rockin:

Keep on rock'n the free world...
Last edited by Arachnid on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

If the twitterverse can be believed (yes, rarely can it, I know) that Burke did not want to give up a major prospect like Gardiner for RL may have been the final straw...I still hate the idea of Luongo in a leaves uni, but if it can help to stock the shelves with a serious prospect or two, so be it.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

How do you slam Burke for doing the Kessel deal, while wanting him to do the exact same to acquire Bobby Lou.

I'm talking about you folks, the new owners of MLS, I can understand if they want a change in direction.

I wonder if there was a feud developing between Burke and Tannenbaum that started during the NHL/NHLPA negotiations turned into a power struggle??????????????
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I've got my people on it. Let you know if I get anything. What I was told is that things for Burkie started going downhill with the ownership change. He's a man who wants absolute control and new ownership sees things a little different. But I'm working on the story!
The only HW the Canucks need
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Well,Well,WELL looks like the Former AND I stress FORMER Fat fuck of a GM is out is PAVES THE WAY FOR NONIS TO BRING IN His Goalie...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Hockey Widow wrote:I've got my people on it. Let you know if I get anything. What I was told is that things for Burkie started going downhill with the ownership change. He's a man who wants absolute control and new ownership sees things a little different. But I'm working on the story!
That makes sense, plus, he's just not done a good job (stating obvious). But if they are unhappy with Burke's performance, I wonder if Nonis is really on deck - why would owners think Nonis would be any better? He wasn't in Vancouver...looking forward to whatever info you get.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: He's a man who wants absolute control and new ownership sees things a little different.
Well then, Nonis is their "man". :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: He's a man who wants absolute control and new ownership sees things a little different.
Lou is Nonis's Man :D
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Topper wrote:How do you slam Burke for doing the Kessel deal, while wanting him to do the exact same to acquire Bobby Lou.

I'm talking about you folks, the new owners of MLS, I can understand if they want a change in direction.

I wonder if there was a feud developing between Burke and Tannenbaum that started during the NHL/NHLPA negotiations turned into a power struggle??????????????
First...holy crap. Not that he was fired but the timing. I suspected he might have been in trouble coming out of last season and I guess he was. Perhaps they decided he didn't do what was necessary in the off season and this was sort of the first time a firing made sense.

Second how do you slam Burke for Kessel while wanting him to do the same with Luongo....wasn't directed at me but IMO Burke made a huge miscalculation on where his new team was when he made the Kessel deal. He thought they were already a playoff team and Kessel would make them into a team that could win a round or two. He likely also wanted to make a huge deal as you know he likes to stroke his own ego. But it was the wrong move. So how can you criticize him now for not doing the same in a move for Luongo....well quite frankly because with the Kessel trade Burke went down the path of playoffs now and he has remained in that mode since. He promised it not just to fans but you better believe it was promised to his bosses as well. By not addressing the goaltending he goes against his own plan and gets himself stuck in never never land. That isn't to say that it is fundamentally the correct decision it's just that the decision doesn't jive with what he said he was going to achieve. Not saying that this was the reason of course as it may also be that he was about to anti up and they didn't want him to.

But wow did the Luongo situation ever just get interesting. We don't know for sure if he was let go because he wouldn't anti up OR if it was because he was about to.

Oh and clearly I'm back....
Last edited by tantalum on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

paddy wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Lou is Nonis's Man :D
HELLO Mr Gardiner! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.