Brian Burke is Dead!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Brian Burke is Dead!

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if one day it was discovered that Hockey Widow is a medicated schizo, hospital shut-in lunatic given access to a computer and is a big Canuck fan and all this stuff she goes on about is a fabrication of her paranoid, delusional mind.
You mean we're all not in Esendale? :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Wouldn't it be funny if one day it was discovered that Hockey Widow is a medicated schizo, hospital shut-in lunatic given access to a computer and is a big Canuck fan and all this stuff she goes on about is a fabrication of her paranoid, delusional mind.
Just you Spidey. AND MAYBE, just maybe Hockey Widow as well. It's a 50/50 shot.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Just you Spidey. AND MAYBE, just maybe Hockey Widow as well. It's a 50/50 shot.
Well then maybe we can date after all, if she's stuck inside here with me.

I was thinking Doc was here too but he must be in another institution....

I'ts all soooo PKDian....

None of you are real, certainly not Brian Burke

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well, part of that is right anyway. I've been off my Mëds now for 5 years, at least.

What or where is Esendale?
The only HW the Canucks need
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Well, part of that is right anyway. I've been off my Mëds now for 5 years, at least.

I think they are talking about Riverview Hospital in Coquitlam, BC
Provincial Asylum for the Insane
Essondale Hospital as it used to be known....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Soapy wrote:

Thanks. I thought it may be along those lines. I wonder if my feelings are supposed to be hurt now? :oops:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Soapy wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Bingo Soapster...I grew up there...well around there dirt bike'n behind the Institute, running from escape lunatics from our tree forts....ahhhhhh good times...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Thanks HW. Dave Hodge mentioned much the same earlier today. He said he'd heard at the end of last season that BB would never be the GM for another Leaves game. That would nave been old ownership or transition?

The timing doesn't really surprise me. People ask why this wasn't done sooner? In the absence of any other news this would have festered in the Toronto media. Now they get a chance to move on. It will be a big deal for a day or so, just as it would be in a normal year.

There is no doubt Burke inherited a mess from JFJr and caretaker Fletcher. They still have a cap hit from Tucker. That said, Burke's performance has not measured up. Do Maple Leaf fans have a better glimmer of hope than they did four years ago? No they don't, and that makes me happy.

The Riverview Hospital, Colony Farms and Crease Clinic were in Coquitlam between the Cape Horn interchange at the north end of the Port Mann Bridge and Lougheed Highway. RD commuted between the Turf and and the Wild Duck passing it along the way.

One of my Aunts ended up there when her dementia became too much for her sisters to handle.
Last edited by Topper on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Soapy wrote:

Thanks. I thought it may be along those lines. I wonder if my feelings are supposed to be hurt now? :oops:
Its a compliment. You can see the past, present and future.....lol...
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Soapy wrote:

Ahhh H-Bomb don't be like that, what man wouldn't give his eye-teeth to be locked up with you :santa:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Soapy wrote:

Ahhh H-Bomb don't be like that, what man wouldn't give his eye-teeth to be locked up with you :santa:

No worries, I'm still laughing! :D :D
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:Thanks HW. Dave Hodge mentioned much the same earlier today. He said he'd heard at the end of last season that BB would never be the GM for another Leaves game. That would nave been old ownership or transition?

The timing doesn't really surprise me. People ask why this wasn't done sooner? In the absence of any other news this would have festered in the Toronto media. Now they get a chance to move on. It will be a big deal for a day or so, just as it would be in a normal year.

There is no doubt Burke inherited a mess from JFJr and caretaker Fletcher. They still have a cap hit from Tucker. That said, Burke's performance has not measured up. Do Maple Leaf fans have a better glimmer of hope than they did four years ago? No they don't, and that makes me happy.

The Riverview Hospital, Colony Farms and Crease Clinic were in Coquitlam between the Cape Horn interchange at the north end of the Port Mann Bridge and Lougheed Highway. RD commuted between the Turf and and the Wild Duck passing it along the way.

One of my Aunts ended up there when her dementia became too much for her sisters to handle.

Transition. The deal was finalized in the summer but the transaction took place before the seasons end.

By the way, Rogers has posted that they are suffering from cable blackouts in the GTA. Someone pulled the plug I guess.

My bad....it is their internet and wireless. I wonder if it was Brian's bus that hit the tower on the way out of town?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/s ... ml?cmp=rss
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Ok, here is what I have been told....HWs hotness....

See, no new information!

Thank Widow, you're beautiful! 8-)

Still waiting for you to ask me out!

i cant believe the cheap bastard wont even throw a double cheeseburger your way...
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Thanks. I thought it may be along those lines. I wonder if my feelings are supposed to be hurt now? :oops:
No worries, I'm still laughing! :D :D
Is it hysteria? Because I've heard there's a good technique that helps with that...
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BurningBeard wrote: Is it hysteria? Because I've heard there's a good technique that helps with that...

Are batteries provided?