Brian Burke is Dead!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Brian Burke is Dead!

Post by Topper »

Usually there is one or two winners when a trade occurs. Toronto and Calgary both lost that one.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:Usually there is one or two winners when a trade occurs. Toronto and Calgary both lost that one.
I agree but I think at the time of the trade, even though it was starting to become clear at that time in Calgary that Phaneuf maybe highly overrated, in which it turns he was, his stock was still somewhat pretty high at the time, even though there were issues with him on and off the ice that most people thought that Calgary could have gotten more for him because there was still a glimmer of hope that Phaneuf may be able to turn his game around. I remember early on in Pronger's younger days when he was traded to St. Louis that he was being painted with the same brush that Phaneuf was in Calgary, head cases, attitude problems, etc. I guess Burkie was hoping that Phaneuf would make the same kind of turnaround as Pronger did, I different team was what the doctor ordered, needing more time to mature. Not the case.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Strangelove wrote:^^^ Yup, even his VOICE is stupid! :drink:

BTW wots the deal with Elisha Cuthbert being attracted to rich DUMB hockey players?

Avery = Dumb, Phaneuf = Dumber.

And "Phaneuf"??

LOL stupid... STUPID... name!!

THANK YOU Burkie for making this SCHMUCK the captain of the Toronto Maple Leaves!!

i cant imagine what Cuthberts IQ is...but she does have a pussy...
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Woooooo.

Brian Burke gets more attention.

Fucking attention whore.

Who gets a exit press conference after being fired?

That whole presser was a joke. The only real question from the highlights I saw was from BobMac.

Enough of Burke. He is done, no way this much attention comes to a certain MTL GM that was fired on this board ever.....

Wish him well but I did that days ago. Hello Sunshine state, Burke.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

the Dogsalmon wrote: i cant imagine what Cuthberts IQ is...but she does have a pussy...
Yup, y'gotta give her credit. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:Pissing on his grave:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leaves/art ... st-dimanno

Old news. I reported all of this a day or so back in one of my delusional rants. :D :D :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

We're playing a version of musical chairs at work, and turned out one of the guys shlepping my stuff between floors was Canadian, from Toronto to be more specific (met a Swedish girl in Australia, yada yada). Anyway, he sounded excited about the possibility of Loungo heading to the leaves. Also excited about having had the opportunity to visit a Swedish second tier league game featuring Anze Kopitar and Bobby Ryan forbthe fair cost of CAD 15 per ticket. Apparently NHL tickets tend to cost more than that.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.