2013 Canucks Short Preseason/Training Camp

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: 2013 Canucks Short Preseason/Training Camp

Post by tantalum »

I don't recall his play with the Oilers but it seems he started the year off well enough. 10 or 11 games. A plus or even player in all games but 1. 17-20 minutes a night. Only one point. He then got hurt and struggled when he returned. I don't believe he is a top 6 but as a depth guy it's a reasonable prediction that he can handle the load. If the canucks are ever in the position where Barker is needed every day for an extended period of time they may need to look at making a deal. I don't think that is any different than any other team in the league.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Just reading about our new players. Not sure if I read it here, but apparantly when Vandemeer was practicing with the Nucks out @ UBC, he really impressed our guys and they urged management to sign him. Nice endorsement, it'll be interesting to see how he does if he get some games here. Although Cam Barker may have been cut from an AHL team, he was recently on the Canadian squad that won gold at the Spengler Cup and former Canuck prosepct Joshy Holden was on that team too. :)
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Question I have is where is Kassian? I was looking at the A and B roster and I didn't see his name there? Is he not at camp? Listing mistake on Canucks.com or just new prescription glasses for me? If he is there, what's the word? How is the kid doing? Are we liking the progress or not?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

on and off again back injury for Kassian. He didn't skate Sunday. Skated yesterday but might not be skating today if the back flared up.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

tantalum wrote:on and off again back injury for Kassian. He didn't skate Sunday. Skated yesterday but might not be skating today if the back flared up.
Crap. hopefully its nothing too serious and they can fix that quick.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Kassian is practicing today on the second line with Raymond, as well as Ebbett and Schroeder who are rotating in and out as the second line center.

Sounds like the lines are

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows
Raymond/Ebbett/Schroeder/Kassian
Higgins/Lapierre/Hansen
Volpatti/Malhotra/Weise

Still no Booth at practice, and no word on how the MRI went or what the prognosis is.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote:
Lloyd Braun wrote: ... Okay, worst case scenario is that he's a headcase who disrupts the room
bing, bing, bing

He be fuckinup da Wolves real good.
I hope all you guys who are seemingly justifying the Barker signing are just messing with Dude's head.
____
Try to focus on someday.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

As per AV, Booth is out 4-6 weeks with a groin strain.

Big loss for an already bad looking second line. Means we'll be seeing a lot of Raymond, Ebbett and Schroeder unless somebody is picked up.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

herb wrote:As per AV, Booth is out 4-6 weeks with a groin strain.

Big loss for an already bad looking second line. Means we'll be seeing a lot of Raymond, Ebbett and Schroeder unless somebody is picked up.
Too much hunting billy goats.

Signing Gomez looking more like a priority now as the Luongo trade may or may not happen anytime soon, and our 2nd line is even weaker now. :?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

herb wrote:...Means we'll be seeing a lot of Raymond, Ebbett and Schroeder...
DEAR.GOD.NO.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

SKYO wrote:Too much hunting billy goats.
Probably not.

The guy is known as a fitness fanatic, so much so that the coaching staff felt the need to tell him to dial back the workouts last season.

It's likely just one of those things that happens. Dan Hamhuis strained his groin and he was one of the guys training daily at the UBC rink. Kassian has a back strain and he has already played 30 games this year.

Can Barker play forward? :D
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

herb wrote:
SKYO wrote:Too much hunting billy goats.
Probably not.
The guy is known as a fitness fanatic, so much so that the coaching staff felt the need to tell him to dial back the workouts last season.
It's likely just one of those things that happens. Dan Hamhuis strained his groin and he was one of the guys training daily at the UBC rink. Kassian has a back strain and he has already played 30 games this year.
Twas a tongue-in-cheek comment. :D

Yeah AV said Boother was over training this uber long offseason.

Still wish we had Tony Twist as the teams trainer (as I have said a billion times now), as he constantly focused on core training so there was virtually no groin injuries while he was with the team.
herb wrote: Can Barker play forward? :D
No but Vandermeer can! :o
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

It's Peter Twist, not Tony. Perhaps once you got to the 500 millionth time, it started to blur together?

Luongo stops all 5 shootouts in practice today, Schnieder stops one.

Rick Ball and Kelly Hrudey in for west HNIC and Mark Lee/Kevin Weekes out. What will calpuck say about another Vancouver homer in the booth?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Larry Goodenough wrote:It's Peter Twist, not Tony. Perhaps once you got to the 500 millionth time, it started to blur together?

Luongo stops all 5 shootouts in practice today, Schnieder stops one.

Rick Ball and Kelly Hrudey in for west HNIC and Mark Lee/Kevin Weekes out. What will calpuck say about another Vancouver homer in the booth?
haha oops. :oops:

Who was doing the shootouts on Luongo? the twins? ;)
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Honestly Booth being out does hurt but call me crazy but I almost like the odds of two of Higgins, Raymond, Kassian and Hansen stepping up to provide second line production.

I'd like the odds more if they had a good second line center.