2013 Canucks Short Preseason/Training Camp

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: 2013 Canucks Short Preseason/Training Camp

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:So here we go again, another season and still no Gillis draft picks in the line-up.
Yep, it's in the books, the 2012-2013 season is left to the historians now and we can definitely look back on all of it and say that no Gillis pick ever made it into the lineup.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:So here we go again, another season and still no Gillis draft picks in the line-up.
Yep, it's in the books, the 2012-2013 season is left to the historians now and we can definitely look back on all of it and say that no Gillis pick ever made it into the lineup.
Just curious, outside of Schroeder, who of Gillis draft picks do you see making the grade this year?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Connauton may see some games but I'm not holding my breath, I don't know if he'll be a regular NHLer ever.

Rodin is still a major work in progress as are Peter Andersson and Joe Cannata. The 2008 class are probably known quantities at this point and it'll be a few years before we can say much about the 2010 group on account of how late those picks all were.. nothing but project players there.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Tanev plays regular games, no?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Not a draft pick so Gillis get zero credit.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

dbr wrote:
Topper wrote:Is Jordan a cap move for maxing LITR protection with the opening day roster?
You can't use LTIR until you exceed the cap so I would guess not (since we aren't over the ceiling).
I think you miss understood. The moves happen with opening day rosters every year, The roster is maxed out to as a close to the cap as Gilman can get. Some of the names may not make sense on the roster, but it is a cap game.

Once the opening day roster is set, then moves are made to bring the roster into line of who will be playing and who won't.

I have no idea where the cap for LITR stands this season as there is the provision for spending over the cap this year. Hence I asked.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I guess I am misunderstanding, I would have though positioning yourself to maximize LTIR would be pointless when you are still a million or so under the ceiling.

Still, I think AV specifically mentioned the cap rather than waivers when talking about other considerations for the opening day roster so there's another indication you're on the right track.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

As expected, Jordan Schroeder recalled from Chicago Wolves.
Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks President and General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that the Canucks have recalled centre Jordan Schroeder from the Chicago Wolves. Defenceman Jim Vandermeer has been re-assigned to Chicago.

Schroeder, 22, has recorded 19 points (9-10-19) in 30 games with the Wolves this season. In 178 AHL games, he has compiled 100 points (44-56-100) and 36 penalty minutes.

Vandermeer, 32, has played in 461 NHL games, recording 105 points (25-80-105) and 664 penalty minutes. The 6’1”, 208 lbs. defenceman split the 2011.12 season with the Edmonton Oilers (2-12-14 in 62 games played) and San Jose Sharks (1-3-4 in 25 games played). In 21 playoff contests, he has registered two assists and 17 penalty minutes.