2013 Canucks Short Preseason/Training Camp

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: 2013 Canucks Short Preseason/Training Camp

Post by Carl Yagro »

SKYO wrote:
Larry Goodenough wrote:It's Peter Twist, not Tony. Perhaps once you got to the 500 millionth time, it started to blur together?

Luongo stops all 5 shootouts in practice today, Schnieder stops one.

Rick Ball and Kelly Hrudey in for west HNIC and Mark Lee/Kevin Weekes out. What will calpuck say about another Vancouver homer in the booth?
haha oops. :oops:

Who was doing the shootouts on Luongo? the twins? ;)
Ha! that's what I was thinking. Up the trade value by sending the twins in twice each and Rollie Melanson once.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

No doubt hank!

--

At least Kass didn't gain weight this long offseason!

--

Garrison has a baby hand in his calf muscle.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

SKYO wrote:
--

At least Kass didn't gain weight this long offseason!
Probably just the camera angle, but it kinda looks like Kassian is rubbing one out :oops:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vader wrote: Probably just the camera angle, but it kinda looks like Kassian is rubbing one out :oops:
Massaging his groin?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Strangelove wrote:
Vader wrote: Probably just the camera angle, but it kinda looks like Kassian is rubbing one out :oops:
Massaging his groin?
He's tweaking!

Looks like Kassian is doing a self-MRI (Massage Real Inconspicuously)
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

If I was AV I think I might drop Burrows down to the 2nd line to give it more pop. Then I would put Kassian with the Sedin's and tell him his career depends on them. I'm still not sold on the tiny tots at the 2 c spot but I'll leave that up to Gillis.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Apparently CC favorite Mason (2.2 million dollar salary, half of David Booths) Raymond scored all 3 goals in a 3-0 win by the Schneider team. Apparently he's flying out there. Any more details?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Canuck-One wrote:If I was AV I think I might drop Burrows down to the 2nd line to give it more pop. Then I would put Kassian with the Sedin's and tell him his career depends on them. I'm still not sold on the tiny tots at the 2 c spot but I'll leave that up to Gillis.
I agree, Gassian on the first with the twins is the way to go....let me know how it works out...Lap, Higs & the Bur are an awesome line! Assholes, the lot of them (OK, Chris is the nice guy).
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

RoyalDude wrote:Apparently CC favorite Mason (2.2 million dollar salary, half of David Booths) Raymond scored all 3 goals in a 3-0 win by the Schneider team. Apparently he's flying out there. Any more details?
Didn't watch but apparently Schroeder and Raymond had some good chemistry. Schroeder was able to hit Raymond a number of times with passes while Raymond was in full stride. Raymond is in a contract year and needs to have a good season. Be great for the team if he can bounce back to being a 20-20 guy (25-25 would be even better!).

He's in a contract year I believe so he should be playing as hard as ever has.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

tantalum wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Apparently CC favorite Mason (2.2 million dollar salary, half of David Booths) Raymond scored all 3 goals in a 3-0 win by the Schneider team. Apparently he's flying out there. Any more details?
Didn't watch but apparently Schroeder and Raymond had some good chemistry. Schroeder was able to hit Raymond a number of times with passes while Raymond was in full stride. Raymond is in a contract year and needs to have a good season. Be great for the team if he can bounce back to being a 20-20 guy (25-25 would be even better!).

He's in a contract year I believe so he should be playing as hard as ever has.
Will it be known as the Broke Back line? :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

If Raymond's a 20-20 guy in 48 games then we'll be in pretty good shape. :look:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I certainly don't think anybody would complain if Raymond has a monster season. He's one of the secondary guys right now who definitely needs to step up.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

In a game of shinny with no fear of being bumped May Ray lights it up. As a Canucks fan I would like to see the skinny rat from Cochrane produce. We 'll see....
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

dbr wrote:If Raymond's a 20-20 guy in 48 games then we'll be in pretty good shape. :look:
No kidding. I'm not so good at making conversions to expectations due to lockouts.

Let's see how he plays in something that isn't shinny. This year from the get go may very well be "playoff" hockey. He has a lot of work to do to convince himself and the masses that he can produce at a second line clip or if he's going to be a 3rd line/PK energy guy. It's a million or two difference to his cheque every year.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Most of us are. I'm sure if Raymond put up 12 goals and 12 assists this year people would be howling about how it was scarcely better than last season.