So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

darren
CC Veteran

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by darren »

RoyalDude wrote:a fucking 4th line enigmatic Dustin Penner slash Jim Sandlak.
WTF? You are aware you are talking about a 21 year old player who has played exactly 44 games in the NHL, right?

I dunno, maybe a bit too early to write him off? :eh:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

darren wrote:
WTF? You are aware you are talking about a 21 year old player who has played exactly 44 games in the NHL, right?

Please ignore 'ol noodle dick, he hasn't been the same since he couldn't get it up....for hockey...he said the same thing about the Sedins, Kesler, Schneider, Edler....Hodgson....should I go on? I guess that's the easy way out....shit on the rookies and if they pan out great, no one will remember or care of your constant whiny bithiness (womanopause?! :eh: ) if they tank, then wow, i'ma certified 'ockey genius on a hockey board... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:
darren wrote:

Please ignore 'ol noodle dick, he hasn't been the same since he couldn't get it up....for hockey...he said the same thing about the Sedins, Kesler, Schneider, Edler....Hodgson....should I go on? I guess that's the easy way out....shit on the rookies and if they pan out great, no one will remember or care of your constant whiny bithiness (womanopause?! :eh: ) if they tank, then wow, i'ma certified 'ockey genius on a hockey board... 8-)
Is that all you got Spidey? :roll: Ya simply don't inspire me anymore to wanna challenge you on hockey topics.

Anyhow, after 5 NHL ENTRY DRAFTS, NO MIKE GILLIS DRAFT PICK IN THE LINE-UP. Still riding the coat-tails of previous managements star players.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
What will you do if Kassian turns into the second coming of Bertuzzi (circa WCE days)? Will you just retract and say that you are pleasantly surprised that you were wrong about Kassian and happy he turned a corner and developed into a top 6 forward?
I would be a happy man and be singing his praises. I'm a 'what have you done for me lately' sports fan, Mëds. I find that a lot of folks here quantify/qualify players on their past glories or where they were drafted, like Blob Mackenzie thinking that if a player was drafted high in the first round that must mean that he will eventually become a great player even though they have been pure busts like your Cam Barkers.

I ain't to proud to admit I've been wrong, ie Cody Hodgson. How many times do I have to go on about it with you folks? What gets me about the Kassian trade is everyone knew that after Cody Hodgson, this team was really shallow in top 3 centreman from the top to the bottom (prospects). AND PULLLEEEEASE Do not mention 4th liner centerman Lappiere and Malhotra. We are talkng top 3 quality. Everyone knows how hard it is to acquire quality centreman and how important they are to a team. Yes, I understand that Cody and Dad were a headache and he probably had to go, so we believe, but why the fuck trade him for a player of Kassian's type who was parked down in the minors of the Buffalo Sabres farm system when Cody was putting together a pretty damn good year in numbers on limited minutes and PP time? Oh, I forgot, so we had someone who could deal with the Milan Lucic's of the world. Real smart trade. I like Kassian I guess, but it's still a bad trade. That and the handling of Luongo. We really should be keeping Luongo instead of Schneids. We are in win now mode, the window is now, nobody wants 33 year old Lou and that contract, we really could have added a great piece with the more marketable Schneider.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dude you need to get back on th weed. You are a crabby old man these days. I remember the dude from 10 - 15 years ago who was easy going, mountain bikin', puffin gaggers, and livin life. I didn't quite understand the need to wear spandex or to frolic with transvestites but hey whatever blows your hair back .

You have become the new Ward Cleaver and it doesn't suit you my friend. You are more like Iggy Pop and Mick Jagger.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Dude you need to get back on th weed. You are a crabby old man these days. I remember the dude from 10 - 15 years ago who was easy going, mountain bikin', puffin gaggers, and livin life. I didn't quite understand the need to wear spandex or to frolic with transvestites but hey whatever blows your hair back .

You have become the new Ward Cleaver and it doesn't suit you my friend. You are more like Iggy Pop and Mick Jagger.

Dude, try having your first child at my old age and trying to make sense of your life after years of taking it easy. I slacked far too long and now I'm stressed to the max in trying to make it as a family man with a mortgage and a business. I'm losing my hair so fast I can actually feel the follicles dying.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote: Dude, try having your first child at my old age and trying to make sense of your life after years of taking it easy. I slacked far too long and now I'm stressed to the max in trying to make it as a family man with a mortgage and a business. I'm losing my hair so fast I can actually feel the follicles dying.
So your midlife crisis is bitching about things you have no control over?

Go buy rent a sports car or something.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I was 36 with my kid....she graduates this year.
On another note....agree or not RD kept this place alive for the last 6 months...creating controversial topics and posts. I would like to thank him , thanks royaldude....

This Is my personal opinion and may or may not reflect the administration of this hockey talk board.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote:I was 36 with my kid....she graduates this year.
On another note....agree or not RD kept this place alive for the last 6 months...creating controversial topics and posts. I would like to thank him , thanks royaldude....
Agreed. A giant back slapping circle jerk would've been painful. At least we have differing opinions to debate.
I would much rather have spent the lockout like we did than with nothing to talk about other than escrow, HRR and all the other boring crap.
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: agree or not RD kept this place alive for the last 6 months...creating controversial topics and posts.
Agreed, he was like Gian Maria Volonté in A Fistful of Dollars.

And how boring would A Fistful of Dollars been without Gian Maria Volonté amirite? :mex:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:56 pm[/color] wrote: Holy shite Doc are you getting old. Listen Mr. I have nothing better to do on a Friday night but go through the archives and bring up posts where Chef Boi RD slags Hodgson.
Well now, I logged off at 5 PM and had a great Friday evening.

You?

And it don't take more than a few minutes to partake in the search engine and copy 'n paste tools.

Lessin' you're a.... you-know-wot. :mex:

RoyalDude wrote: Is the centre position a much coveted position Doc, or do you think we need players to fight Milan Lucic and Dustin Byfuglien instead?
Seein' as how the top 2 centre positions are filled for the next 4 or 5 years, not sure why your knickers are in a bunch.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hey :( I liked chatting shit about economics !
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote:Hey :( I liked chatting shit about economics !
Yeah you were like DeVeren Bookwalter in The Enforcer:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Gotta love how bad the eastern media wants Luongo:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Attention Canucks fans, Tyler Bozak jusk scored for the leaves here in Montreal
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Montreal can't get nothing going for them, they need Subban back asap.

Or trade him here with Gionta for Juice & Burrows. :eh:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.