So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Johansson is decent but very limited offensively, he would make for a good 3rd line centre I guess.
This is the guy you were slobbering all over as the player Mike Gillis should have drafted instead of Jordan Schroeder, right?
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Wash could be a good fit all around. They have aspirations to compete, they've got young assets, especially up front and a young goalie to spare that would be worth acquiring, the owner is not averse to long contracts, has dough to spare anyway, and has no interest in bottom dwelling, and for Luongo it is a potentially competitive team in a city that is a short flight to Fla.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

MG is such a kidder. He lets it slip that he has a deal he could pull the trigger on, dependent upon a team moving a player first. But he says he hasn't decided if trading Luongo is in the best interests of the team at this point, for what has been offered yet. Then he flys to Washington for the fun of it, knowing he will be spotted and the internet would explode with rumours. All the while Philly is going fuck no, not to Washington please, we need them to be worse than us so we can make the playoffs. Meanwhile he is just playing around because he finally got twitter in the off season and he is addicted to it. He is making twitter explode and loves it.

Meanwhile back at the ranch Luongo gets his 4th consecutive start. :D :D
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

HW you are really getting a kick out of MG through this entire Luongo situation hey? lol :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
benivolent
CC Rookie

Post by benivolent »

Whether or not a deal actually happens with Washington, that's some serious mind-fracking with other teams who might be interested but aren't willing to pony up for Lu.

Haha, the situation and events are rather amusing on their own, but this is VERY amusing if this is a calculated troll on MG's part.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

The Gillis is definitely in the drivers seat now,Wash.,Philly.,Fla.,and TO all in the mix,lou is playing great,and solid reasons to not even make a deal until off-season.
Being a canuck fan you know it could go sideways at any given moment,but it's looking very promising right now.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

G&G are being honoured by Obama for their second Presidents Trophy.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Would be happy with.....

To WSH: Luongo + Higgins + Weise

To VAN: Neuvirth + Johansson + Brouwer + 2nd
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: You're shitting us, right? Can't get Bozak straight up, good God man, where do you get this from? His value ain't gettin' worse after this past week and tonight. Look around the league, there are a lot of teams with absolute shit goaltending right now who'd salivate at the thought of having the kind of backstopping that Lu put on display tonight.

Even if you were right and we can't get Bozak why in the fuck would you give up Lu for anything close to or worse than him? Weigh that against what Lu's doing for us now and it makes perfect sense why Gillis is holding on to him.
I get the impression that TO wanted to offer Bozak straight up and GMMG turned them down
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Lately it has occured to me that winning the Cup WITH lou this year would be beyond a story book ending. This last year seems to have put real steel in his spine and he is handling an enourmous amount of pressure every second he leaves his home. This is a short season and I think we are going to need both Ginger and Lou. I have not seen Lou look this good in some while and I also notice he is more humble. At this point, unless we get a high draft pick for this year, I do not see the point in trading him at all.

Also I gotta say Schroeder is looking decent at this point. A little scoring might give him some confidence.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mondi wrote:Carlson or Johanssen or Laich

And

Neuvirth or Holtby

Laich, and either or of Neuvirth or Holtby for Luongo? How is that good for us? More bottom 6 talent in which we have an abundance of and a back up goalie for Luongo?
<cough> <cough> I agree with RD. this is a pointless trade. I'd make the deal, but they would have to take Ballard for salary, and throw in Alzner and a pick. Or something more, at least.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

benivolent wrote:Whether or not a deal actually happens with Washington, that's some serious mind-fracking with other teams who might be interested but aren't willing to pony up for Lu.

Haha, the situation and events are rather amusing on their own, but this is VERY amusing if this is a calculated troll on MG's part.
Gillis can't be that much of a Dufus, this is MoneyPuck we are talking about. If this is the case he is just making himself look like an ass amongst the GM Fraternity. They all talk pretty much on a daily basis. "Hey George, it's Dale Tallon here, what is Mike and Lawrence doing there?" George - "I have no fucking idea, got nothing in the works with them"?

HW is just miffed she hasn't gotten any real inside juicy gossip for a long time now.

I am not a fan of Gillis but I do think he is personally scouting for a reason other than what you say - "Mind Fracking"? If that was the case, can we please organize a mutiny and remove the jackass mind fracker from the GM chair.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RD wrote
I am not a fan of Gillis
who are you a fan of then? and why?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:RD wrote
I am not a fan of Gillis
Sit tight ya weasel, I will satisfy your curiosity with a list that you can mull over for a good long time

In the mean time maybe you could fashion a fandom list as well and we could do a tradesy?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:
rats19 wrote:RD wrote
I am not a fan of Gillis
Sit tight ya weasel, I will satisfy your curiosity with a list that you can mull over for a good long time
rodentia..abides.... :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….