So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by BurningBeard »

herb wrote:
SKYO wrote:Because haven't we seen the twins do this to almost every RW they have ever played with?
There have been some very good players that haven't cut the mustard alongside Hank and Dank (Naslund, Bertuzzi, Demitra and Linden come to mind).
And some very bad ones, like Jason King and... Steve Kariya ? (I think he did).

Of course Anson Carter of all players had probably the best season of his career playing with them, and then proceeded to throw the opportunity away.

It's interesting to see which players have done well, and which have failed. It seems like only certain players know where to be when playing with them.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ODB wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Still haven't watched a game all season.... 8-)
Keep fighting the good fight Spidey!
Seconded! :thumbs:

Must be the pits....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Remember when Doc Strangelove wanted Keaton Ellerby in a Luongo trade with Florida? The Los Angeles Kings only had to give up a 5th round pick for him in a trade today. :shock:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:Remember when Doc Strangelove wanted Keaton Ellerby in a Luongo trade with Florida? The Los Angeles Kings only had to give up a 5th round pick for him in a trade today. :shock:
While we're harping on what people said months ago, how come you're not still talking about how Gillis sucks and can't draft? Do the performances by Schroeder, Hodgson, Tanev (not drafted i know, still counts), Kassian change that? Looks to me like Gillis knows how to find young talent even while drafting at the end of each round. Still have Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado and Lack on the way too.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Remember when Doc Strangelove wanted Keaton Ellerby in a Luongo trade with Florida? The Los Angeles Kings only had to give up a 5th round pick for him in a trade today. :shock:
Hmmm.. YOU seem to have a bee in your bonnet in regards to yours truly of late.

It is true that the Great Strangelove was tongue-in-cheekedly suggesting Ellerby be included as part of a package

.... in order to lure his cousin UFA-at-the-time Shane Doan to sign with your Vancouver Canucks:
Strangelove [color=#FF0000]on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:41 pm[/color] wrote: Get Doan's cousin Ellerby back as part of the Luongo trade
Strangelove [color=#FF0000]on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 pm[/color] wrote: I say get christian cousin Ellerby as part of the package for Lou and Shane choo choo chooses us!
To which you responded and yours truly re-responded:
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:34 am[/color] wrote: Don't know about the Ellerby angle, Doc. General consensus is that Petrovic's ceiling is higher, not to mention that Petrovic is a right sided (right shot) defenseman and that Ellerby is a left-sided defenseman. I also like Petrovic's nastiness. A presence we need on D.
Strangelove [color=#FF0000]on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:35 am[/color] wrote: Yes, yes as I said before: "Petrovic is a major asshole".

Which is just what the doctor ordered....
Note YOU certainly weren't calling Ellerby anything even NEAR a bust at that point in time.

And we both much preferred Petrovic to Ellerby (of course).

As recently as last week it appears YOU would've been in favor of MY Ellerby++ trades from back when:
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:49 pm[/color] wrote: Luongo will be 34 in April, Gillimiblicle waits to trade him this off-season, he will turn 35 in the first year of his new team. The longer this goes on the less valuable his asset becomes. It's simple math. TRADE HIM NOW! GET WHAT YOU CAN!
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:28 pm[/color] wrote: Look around the league, there is no fit for a 34 year old Luongo. No team is screaming out WE NEED LUONGO! That is, if Gillis stops being an ass and lowers his ridiculous trade demands. Be done with it, turn the page, start a new chapter. Shite, I don't even think we could get Bozak straight up, even with how well Luongo is playing right now.
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:52 am[/color] wrote: The longer this goes the more ya realize that Gillis needs to lower his demands and just get what he can for Luongo.
So now what do you have to say for yourself my friend? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote: While we're harping on what people said months ago, how come you're not still talking about how Gillis sucks and can't draft? Do the performances by Schroeder, Hodgson, Tanev (not drafted i know, still counts), Kassian change that? Looks to me like Gillis knows how to find young talent even while drafting at the end of each round. Still have Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado and Lack on the way too.
So, are you calling Schroeder a bona-fide NHL'er? Zero Goals. We need more time with him before we can start screaming, "REAL DEAL"! Hodgson and Kassian cancel each other out. In case you have forgotten, one was trade for the other. Tanev was not a draft pick. Not all of Gillis college and junior league free agent signings have worked out, ie the other Schroeder that we signed out of the Portland Winterhawks and that Oberg dude is it? Jensen, Gaunce and Corrado and Lack have proved nothing at the NHL level. If you need an education on highly touted draft picks never making the grade, see recent talk here about the 2007 NHL Draft Class.

Trust me dude, Gillis draft record is quite dismal. It's no secret, the jack asses on 1040 even go on about, even Gillis no. 1 fan Tony Gallagher has brought it up.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Remember when Doc Strangelove wanted Keaton Ellerby in a Luongo trade with Florida? The Los Angeles Kings only had to give up a 5th round pick for him in a trade today. :shock:
Hmmm.. YOU seem to have a bee in your bonnet in regards to yours truly of late.

It is true that the Great Strangelove was tongue-in-cheekedly suggesting Ellerby be included as part of a package

.... in order to lure his cousin UFA-at-the-time Shane Doan to sign with your Vancouver Canucks:
Strangelove [color=#FF0000]on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:41 pm[/color] wrote: Get Doan's cousin Ellerby back as part of the Luongo trade
Strangelove [color=#FF0000]on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:29 pm[/color] wrote: I say get christian cousin Ellerby as part of the package for Lou and Shane choo choo chooses us!
To which you responded and yours truly re-responded:
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:34 am[/color] wrote: Don't know about the Ellerby angle, Doc. General consensus is that Petrovic's ceiling is higher, not to mention that Petrovic is a right sided (right shot) defenseman and that Ellerby is a left-sided defenseman. I also like Petrovic's nastiness. A presence we need on D.
Strangelove [color=#FF0000]on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:35 am[/color] wrote: Yes, yes as I said before: "Petrovic is a major asshole".

Which is just what the doctor ordered....
Note YOU certainly weren't calling Ellerby anything even NEAR a bust at that point in time.

And we both much preferred Petrovic to Ellerby (of course).

As recently as last week it appears YOU would've been in favor of MY Ellerby++ trades from back when:
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:49 pm[/color] wrote: Luongo will be 34 in April, Gillimiblicle waits to trade him this off-season, he will turn 35 in the first year of his new team. The longer this goes on the less valuable his asset becomes. It's simple math. TRADE HIM NOW! GET WHAT YOU CAN!
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:28 pm[/color] wrote: Look around the league, there is no fit for a 34 year old Luongo. No team is screaming out WE NEED LUONGO! That is, if Gillis stops being an ass and lowers his ridiculous trade demands. Be done with it, turn the page, start a new chapter. Shite, I don't even think we could get Bozak straight up, even with how well Luongo is playing right now.
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:52 am[/color] wrote: The longer this goes the more ya realize that Gillis needs to lower his demands and just get what he can for Luongo.
So now what do you have to say for yourself my friend? :mex:
Wow! Does your wife ever wonder what you are doing on the computer with all that clickity clackiting of the keys. "Doc? What are you doing in there? Sounds like you are working on an essay."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Wow! Does your wife ever wonder what you are doing on the computer with all that clickity clackiting of the keys. "Doc? What are you doing in there? Sounds like you are working on an essay."
Brain + search + cut&paste = easy peasy.

Virility + full head of hair + huge schlong = happy wife.

Lemmee guess: You don't understand ANY of this! :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

In Ireland they now say hung like a lasagna.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

New rumour going around,

Neuvirth + Johansson + prospect or pick for Luongo + Raymond.

I bet Gillis could flip Johansson for ROR or Kessel (even though they carry a high cap hit, with O'Reilly looking for $3-4M per) if MG feels like Johan isn't up to snuff for franchise goaltender Luongo.

But I think Johansson could do well with a different change of scenery, plus he can play both wing and center, which could be beneficial IF RK17 becomes an injury prone player for the rest of his career.

--

A lot of fans floating an ideal surrounding Luongo + Booth + top prospects/picks for Ovechkin lol.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:New rumour going around,

Neuvirth + Johansson + prospect or pick for Luongo + Raymond.

I bet Gillis could flip Johansson for ROR or Kessel (even though they carry a high cap hit, with O'Reilly looking for $3-4M per) if MG feels like Johan isn't up to snuff for franchise goaltender Luongo.

But I think Johansson could do well with a different change of scenery, plus he can play both wing and center, which could be beneficial IF RK17 becomes an injury prone player for the rest of his career.

--

A lot of fans floating an ideal surrounding Luongo + Booth + top prospects/picks for Ovechkin lol.
SKYO? Kessel? Holy c(r)ow
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: huge schlong
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Is your wife Asian?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Nice try, but I'm not gonna send you a dic pic! :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:Nice try, but I'm not gonna send you a dic pic! :wink:
Easy Doc, you are starting to let loose the Jimmy Swaggart Hedonist side of you again. Pick up a bible, reel it in.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Nice try, but I'm not gonna send you a dic pic! :wink:
Pick up a bible, reel it in.
Hmmm maybe you're right....

"One evening King David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.” Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her…

In the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it with Uriah. In it he wrote, 'Put Uriah out in front where the fighting is fiercest. Then withdraw from him so he will be struck down and die.'”

Thanks RD, I feel much better now.

Okay where were we....

Oh yes, I'm STILL sticking with the same trade I've been pushing since last summer:

Lu Wongo for Matthias, Petrovic, and a 2nd.
:thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.