So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
rats19 wrote:Might be possible to do both no?
No, if the Canucks really falter Gillis might have to think about saving his job so acquiring immediate help, veterans only, might be what happens.
Gillis's job isn't in any danger.

Another first round loss or missing the playoffs and somebody else's job might be in jeopardy. however.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Another first round loss or missing the playoffs and somebody else's job might be in jeopardy. however.
Well, that's his ace card, but he only has one of those to use. Would the new coach make it all better? Got to factor in the aging Sedins here.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Well, that's his ace card, but he only has one of those to use. Would the new coach make it all better? Got to factor in the aging Sedins here.
The "aging" Sedins. Yes they are 32 and over the hill. :roll:
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

You know those old hockey players - nobody ever plays until they are 36 or 37. Sundin, Sakic, Selanne - all were done by age 33 right? The twins have 4 or 5 years of prime hockey left.

My guess is the deal will be with Florida, and will be something like

Weiss (upcoming FA so value is reduced)
Shore
Theodore

for

Lu
Raymond/Hansen
Connauton

Florida wants salary relief and cheap players. Hansen is cheap and productive, while Lu's cap hit of $5.3 million will be more than he's making shortly as it was front loaded. Perhaps the Nucks have to eat a bit of salary which wouldn't be the end of the world.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Blob of Bountiful 3 years ago
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Diehard1 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

You know those old hockey players - nobody ever plays until they are 36 or 37. Sundin, Sakic, Selanne - all were done by age 33 right? The twins have 4 or 5 years of prime hockey left.

My guess is the deal will be with Florida, and will be something like

Weiss (upcoming FA so value is reduced)
Shore
Theodore

for

Lu
Raymond/Hansen
Connauton

Florida wants salary relief and cheap players. Hansen is cheap and productive, while Lu's cap hit of $5.3 million will be more than he's making shortly as it was front loaded. Perhaps the Nucks have to eat a bit of salary which wouldn't be the end of the world.
Hansen is a very underrated player, especially with his price tag. He might not have Raymond's hands. However, Raymond can never match Hansen's intensity...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, I totally agree. I'd hold on to hansen and mayray right now. I think mayray will have a nice bounce back year and look like the mayray that scored 25 for us 1 year.

Jovocop wrote:Hansen is a very underrated player, especially with his price tag. He might not have Raymond's hands. However, Raymond can never match Hansen's intensity...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:

Blob of Bountiful 3 years ago

Shhhhhh :sly:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I'd hold on to hansen and mayray right now.
Well you're half right.

You and Dude need to kiss "mayray" goodbye.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Wonder what kind of return we'd get for Cory Schneider? :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

U may be right, but after our 1st line, MayRay has been our most dangerous offensive forward. Unless he gets packaged for another forward and Kes being out, I don't think we can afford to lose him right now. Also, with his pending UFA status, can't see many teams offering very much to get him.

Strangelove wrote:Well you're half right.

You and Dude need to kiss "mayray" goodbye.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Yeah, I totally agree. I'd hold on to hansen and mayray right now. I think mayray will have a nice bounce back year and look like the mayray that scored 25 for us 1 year.

Jovocop wrote:Hansen is a very underrated player, especially with his price tag. He might not have Raymond's hands. However, Raymond can never match Hansen's intensity...
Well then who goes in a Lu trade? Right now with all bodies healthy, one of Higgins, Raymond or Hansen is on the 4th line. That's a luxury the team likely can't afford from a cap hit perspective depending on who is coming back in return.

My guess is the trade will be larger than just Lu and it will include another forward. All depends on the return of course.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Not sure if everyone saw this but it look like Eddie Lack is hurt much worse than originally thought. Kids gonna be out until the summer after surgery to his hip.

http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/can ... story.html

Guess that will make MGAV even more careful about the trade they do for Lou (assuming that is still moving forward at some point).

Damn shame about Lack. Great young player. Hope he fully recovers. :cry:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Does Schneider have a no trade/movement clause?
Just saying ....
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ukcanuck wrote:Does Schneider have a no trade/movement clause?
Just saying ....
Luongo wants out, he wants to move back east to be closer to wifeys family.

If we don't move him now, or this summer, he has an out clause in his contract in 2 years and then he's gone anyways.

The right thing to do is move Luongo now. And if he plays this well all season there will be far more bidders in the summer!

Did anyone else catch the Av's feed last night? The talked about how Giguere came up during the lockout to work with Luongo and they had calorie counters on during their workout one day do find out how much they were burning. In one of Luongo's 4 hour workouts that Giguere took part in he apparently burned over 3000 calories!! IIRC

:wow: