So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Using the so-called rumored teams to date, what would you be happy with in return for Lou.

- Bjugstad or Petrov and parts (Shore or Howden) from Florida
- McNeill from Chicago
- Connolly from Tampa Bay
- Jenner or Johanson from Columbus
- Gardiner from Toronto

Would love Jenner but don't think Columbus is that stupid. I'd be happy with any of the above
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Fred
CC Legend

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Fred »

I like the Bjugstad deal. From every thing I've read is he's NHL ready and he's going to fit in with the rest of the "big team" theory MG is apparently following through with. Bigger, faster, younger. Could we maybe move Schroeder in the deal for other parts. It seems to me that we have adequate prospect coverage on D and goal, it's the forwards who seem to be lacking
cheers
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

In terms of sheer assets coming back, Florida's package would make the most sense. Bjugstad or Petrovic would be solid additions who could extend the window some. Adding someone like Shore or Howden would be the icing.

Would love to see Connolly come from Tampa, but Yzreman seems to have gone the cheap route. Jenner may be overrated, and Columbus may not be eager to deal. Don't think Gardiner would be coming, but a package of Colborne, Biggs and some high picks may be what Gillis gets in a TO scenario.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Pacific Blue this Florida Love in give it up the deal is done he goes to Toronto...

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu ... --nhl.html
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

paddy wrote:Pacific Blue this Florida Love in give it up the deal is done he goes to Toronto...

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu ... --nhl.html
I believe it, Paddy. Ya know why? Cause Gillis is the worst when it comes to trading. I fully expect to be completely disappointed by what Gillis manages to bring back for Lou.

IMHO, it should be Schneider on the block instead of Lou. The returns are far greater and the risks are far less cause lets be honest, Schneider has as much a chance of shitting the bed as being successful as a No. 1 goalie. He truly hasn't been tested with the weight of the world now squarely placed upon his shoulders in the premier goalie graveyard hockey market of the world. I really worry once the honeymoon is over between Canuck fans and Schneider. This city loves their back-ups, hate their starters.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

[/quote]

I believe it, Paddy. Ya know why? Cause Gillis is the worst when it comes to trading. I fully expect to be completely disappointed by what Gillis manages to bring back for Lou.

[/quote]

Just dumping that ridiculous contract will be an acheivement, no matter what comes back.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zedlee wrote:

[/quote]

Just dumping that ridiculous contract will be an acheivement, no matter what comes back.[/quote]

Which is why we should be trading Schneider. Lou has a lot of good hockey left in him, enough hockey to work on the NEXT goalie prospect.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

[/quote]

Which is why we should be trading Schneider. Lou has a lot of good hockey left in him, enough hockey to work on the NEXT goalie prospect.[/quote]

I used to think trading Schneids was a dumb idea, but I'm coming around to the idea. The return for Cory should be an excellent young dman or forward...and we need those.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Zedlee wrote:

Just dumping that ridiculous contract will be an acheivement, no matter what comes back.
Count one fan who's already forgotten what Luongo brought to the dance...
If Schneids does not produce like advertised there are going to be some sad mofos wishing we had that contract back...

As for what comes back, I want a real starter and a prospect and a pick at thw very least. Luongo is a star player and anyone who says different is not being honest.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

i have absolute confidence that Gillis will fuck it all up...after our upcoming Lou fiasco and another 1st round departure he will go the way of the double fuckin' cheeseburger...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL at all the chicken little crybabies who think Gillis is a shitty GM. Yes because Nonis and his .333 BA for making the playoffs was such a great GM. Fuck me .

Anyone who thinks we should get rid of Schneider instead of Roberto is a fucking idiot, plain and simple.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I only hope MG does not go for 2 or 3 moderate prospect rather than just concentrate on one future great prospect. I shudder when I heard names such as Tyler Bozak get thrown into the mix. He's a an example of quantity rather than quality.
We don't need volume
cheers
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

IF the season actually starts this year, I think MG's best strategy is to hold Lou until the trade deadline (which would only be about 5-6 weeks after puck is dropped anyway), and then look at trading him. If they were to trade him as soon as a season was announced, I think the market is pretty thin right now. And if they can afford him under the salary cap (no idea how that will look with new CBA), why not keep him for this shortened year and play Schneids 60% and Lou 40% of regular season with what will be an intense compressed schedule? If Lou starts getting squirrely about playing time and publically (or even privately) moans, then they trade him at the deadline. If he sucks up his pride and agrees to ride out the season, then keep him and have a solid 1-2 punch heading into playoffs.

However, if the Bjugstad deal is on the table at beginning of season, I would say take it. I don't want to hear the names Bozak or Kadri - blah.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If I had my way, I would be going for a different look than a prospect. I really like Mike Green in Washington and can't help to think that a sleeper trading partner like the Caps could really use a guy like Luongo. They're also in win-now mode and I reckon they may be looking to change things up a bit. Pure talking out my ass I know but what else do we have????
He hasn't been healthy which is a knock against for sure but the talent this guy possesses is all star caliber. They (Luo + MG)have almost the same cap hit but Mikes' contract only has 2 years left so we gain in this regard. I strongly feel we have a 3-4 year window to win a cup and the team really needs an ace from the back end. As much as I like young prospects I think the time is now to go for the big one.
If we win it all now then suck for 10 years....who gives a fuck... 41 years! ENOUGH ALREADY
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I would do a one for one swap of Luongo for Green. I might even tweak the deal and include Tanev and Raymond/pick to include Karl Alzner.

I get a kick out of all the mouth breathers licking Pacific Blues arse and carving MG...... the same MG that has given this city 60 odd playoff games over the past four years. And we wonder why people around NHL cities laugh at Vancouver fans. Pac B and his band of clowns do us no favors.

If there is a deal with the leaves the Canucks ha better be receiving at minimum two of Gardiner/1st round pick/Kadri

or three of Biggs/Frattin/Finn/Blacker/2nd rounder........

if i see either of Colborne or Bozak in a barfing whale next season or any fucking season I am going to hunt Luggage Eyes down and beat the fuck out of him .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”