So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Anyone find it funny that Gillis only one good trade Erhoff and only one good draft pick Hodgson are no longer with us and are now playing for the Buffalo Sabres?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Anyone find it funny that Gillis only one good trade Erhoff and only one good draft pick Hodgson are no longer with us and are now playing for the Buffalo Sabres?
Back to back Presidents, perennial playoff participants and elite ('hi' Don! :) ) Cup contenders...jeesh BD, you remember the sad days of the 70's & 80's of being a Canuck fan...the 90's and 2000's have been good to us...just look at the Habs & Leaf fans....that said, I'm going to see an opera on Saturday night, fuck the NHL and it's privileged members.... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Heh

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: blah blah blah barf

Mike Gillis's teams have averaged 109 points and made the playoffs four times in a row and made the finals.

Dave Nonis's teams have made the playoffs 1 time in three seasons.

One of these things is not like the other.

BTW Lu is going to Florida. You piss and moan more than Keenans Cousin used to back in the day.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey B Mac, where did the core group of Miserable BaggyEyes team come from? For example - just to name a couple - Schneider and Luongo?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Anyone find it funny that Gillis only one good trade Erhoff and only one good draft pick Hodgson are no longer with us and are now playing for the Buffalo Sabres?
Back to back Presidents, perennial playoff participants and elite ('hi' Don! :) ) Cup contenders...jeesh BD, you remember the sad days of the 70's & 80's of being a Canuck fan...the 90's and 2000's have been good to us...just look at the Habs & Leaf fans....that said, I'm going to see an opera on Saturday night, fuck the NHL and it's privileged members.... 8-)
Shit! How could I forget about the AMAZING Presidents Trophies. Me bad
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:Hey B Mac, where did the core group of Miserable BaggyEyes team come from? For example - just to name a couple - Schneider and Luongo?
Fine, the core group came from Burke and Nonis. However, Gillis put together the supporting cast that made the difference. RD, your point really shows B&N's weaknesses.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote: Shit! How could I forget about the AMAZING Presidents Trophies. Me bad
I believe that most of us know that Stanley Cup is >>>>> Presidents Trophy. Would you rather be a leaves fan or a Flames fan for the last decade?? Those teams constantly missed the playoffs...
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

RoyalDude wrote:Hey B Mac, where did the core group of Miserable BaggyEyes team come from?
Oh jeez....

Right, damn that Mike Gillis for not ripping apart the entire team and starting from scratch. On day one, his first order of business should have been to trade/waive of all of the players that were there here before him, regardlesss of their talent and character. That's obviously the way to build a team.

Gillis' teams have been characterized by one thing - winning many hockey games. I like winning, a lot.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: blah blah blah barf

Mike Gillis's teams have averaged 109 points and made the playoffs four times in a row and made the finals.

Dave Nonis's teams have made the playoffs 1 time in three seasons.

One of these things is not like the other.

BTW Lu is going to Florida. You piss and moan more than Keenans Cousin used to back in the day.
Keenan's Cousin there's a blast from the past... I dunno what happened to Pacific Blue he used to hit the trails hard he also used to lament the loss of his Rockford Files blunt smokin ex lol... He had a nervous breakdown after Peter Schaefer was moved and nearly was on suicide watch after scouting BCHL sensation Milan Gajic on Shaw TV when the Canucks failed to take the young man...

Somewhere along the line he started listening to Country & or Western Music while playing the role of Mike Brady and shouting GET OFF MY LAWN... Having said that we do agree on Gillis in this respect He Fucked up Cody Hodgson... I'm not saying you don't move him or I don't like Kassian cause I really luv the kid... IMO the coach was never going to Play Kassian in a big spot in the postseason so its a futures deal, if thats the case maximize Hodgson's as an asset and put him in a package with the goalie..
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Except RoyalDude hated Cody Hodgson until it became necessary to sing the kid's praises for his trolling act.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Shit! How could I forget about the AMAZING Presidents Trophies. Me bad
Duder, I remember the horses ass we use to get in the 70's and most of the 80's....BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE...this team is actually talented to the balls....yeah the game has changed and I sometimes agree with you that they practice shutdown hockey but I hold my head up high....I use to be a perennial loser Canuck fan and now I have jealous Leaf/Habs/Flames fans making smartass comments (to which it is easy to retort :) ) what a difference....we want the Cup for sure but this journey got a hell of a lot better since '90 ....that's 20 yearsish of watching my team have a chance of winning as opposed of the firsts 20 years of shit hockey (the flukey 82 being the exception o'course) 8-)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

dbr wrote:Except RoyalDude hated Cody Hodgson until it became necessary to sing the kid's praises for his trolling act.
Wasn't he a stumpy legged, undersized, spoiled brat?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

dbr wrote:Except RoyalDude hated Cody Hodgson until it became necessary to sing the kid's praises for his trolling act.
Flip flopper
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Flip flopper
For those that live under a bridge sometimes those are all you can afford.