So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: So, who would you like in a return for Luongo

Postby Diehard1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Anybody else think the team needs another center? They are consistently getting beaten on faceoffs without Kes and Manny, and can only barely beat a team like the Flames in faceoffs. They have too many wingers and not enough guys in the middle, should be relatively easy to figure out.

You've got Raymond, Booth, Higgins, Ballard, Picks and prospects that you could use to dangle for somebody - don't need Gretzky, just somebody who can win faceoffs and play a two way game. With Schroeder playing less and less, Lappy playing like he did 3 years ago (that's not good) and Kes out it's needed badly.
Diehard1
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby paddy » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:His position all along has been he will only trade one of the goalies if the trade makes us better today and/or in the future. He won't do a salary dump and he doesn't want bad contracts back. Nothing in his position has changed from day one.

I think the longer the season goes the more likely that the trade would have to make us significantly better this year for a deal to happen this season. A deal that will make us better in the future can be done in the summer.

I'm sure if he is offered a top 2 centre and a pick/prospect and a back up goalie he may pull the trigger now. He has the cap space to take a salary dump for this year but does not want a salary dump on a long term contract. We have our own cap concerns next season already so we don't need another one.

Theodore has a torn groin and likely done for the season word is today. So unless the Panthers think Luongo can get them back into the playoff hunt I see no reason for them to pull the trigger now, unless they feel someone else may.

I still think a team like the Flyers may bite in the off season once they can buy that Russian guy out. The caps extended Hotlby and they seem to think he is the real deal but I think him backing up Luongo is a better deal :D

I don't think there is a good market today for Luongo. Never say never but it does look more and more like an off season move. For sure MG will not move him just to do so at the trade deadline.

I don't see Philly happening at all I have a tough time seeing any owner buying out Bryz's deal 7 yrs left??and then on top of it taking on Luongo's ticket for the next 9 yrs at 34 yrs of age... I also get the sense it will be a buyers market i.e Kipper,Thomas on the island, possibly Bernier in LA... I think Schneider goes this summer I could be wrong on that but I just don't see a market this summer for a 34 yr old goalie with 9 yrs left any more attractive 5-6 months from now than it is now...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
paddy
CC Veteran

Postby BigTuna » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:58 am

coco_canuck wrote:
Topper wrote:Speaking of which, I saw a headline (NP?) where Carlyle believes he has NHL goaltending.

I'm pretty sure that was misspeak or a typo, clearly meant AHL goaltending...

If Roberto is going to Toronto, Burke will pay a nice price.

:lol:

Ben Scrivens 13 29 2.41 .923 2
James Reimer 12 26 2.43 .923 1
Last edited by BigTuna on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby BigTuna » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:07 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Zedlee wrote:Call me a pessimist, but I don't think we're getting much of anything back for Luongo.

The longer this goes on (Luongo still being a Canuck) the more it tells us that the market ain't exactly chomping at the bits to land Luongo and the longer it does go on the more antsy Lou gets and the more antsy Lou gets the more pressure he puts on ole Mikey to get him outta here and the more pressure Mike gets the lesser chance it is for him to land a big fish for a dangling Lou.

I don't see this boding all that well for us. Maybe Bozak and Kadri is the best we get and if so....yikes! I still predict Kadri being a total bust at the pro level and Bozak, the up coming UFA is nothing more than a poor mans Brenden Morrison.

I am hoping that Gillis can land a first round pick from a fringe team and ends up being a high pick and that we have a shite year, missing the playoffs and end up with two lottery picks. That would really put Mikey in Chef Boi RD's good books.

Bad prediction. You guys wish you'd get a player as good as Kadri back for Luongo. Not going to happen.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Reefer2 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:26 am

BigTuna wrote: Bad prediction. You guys wish you'd get a player as good as Kadri back for Luongo. Not going to happen.

One season does not make a player, he could sheet the bed next year and be nothing.
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BigTuna » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:55 am

Reefer2 wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Bad prediction. You guys wish you'd get a player as good as Kadri back for Luongo. Not going to happen.

One season does not make a player, he could sheet the bed next year and be nothing.

He certainly will never be "Nothing".
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Jovocop » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:14 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:

He certainly will never be "Nothing".

Jim Carey (Vezina Trophy winner) is calling.
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby vic » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Jovocop wrote:

Jim will have to wait, as Jonathan Cheechoo (56-goal Rocket Richard winner) is on the other line.
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Jovocop » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:55 pm

vic wrote:
Jovocop wrote:

Jim will have to wait, as Jonathan Cheechoo (56-goal Rocket Richard winner) is on the other line.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8004 ... ry/page/10

According to the above article, Carey is No. 3 and Cheechoo is No. 2. Believe it or not, the winner is actually Jimmy Carson. Personally, I think both Carey and Cheechoo are better choices than Carson.

The number 4 spot goes to Scott Bjugstad, the uncle of Nick. Hmm... interesting.
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:48 pm

BigTuna wrote:
coco_canuck wrote:
Topper wrote:Speaking of which, I saw a headline (NP?) where Carlyle believes he has NHL goaltending.

James Reimer 12 26 2.43 .923 1

Big fucking deal. How has it gone for the Leafs the previous four years ater that hot starts ??
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:48 pm

nm
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:nm

good choice blob...lol
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Alexander Daigle envies the blubber-chewer Cheechoo.

Oh boy, the Leafs are 5th in a shitty conference halfway through a shortened season. BigTuna's getting his rainbow fanny pack ready for the parade down Yonge street.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby black ace » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:41 pm

I still go back to the alleged offer from Toronto of Kadri and Bozak.

I think a decent prospect (like Kadri was heading into the season) and a 3rd liner (like he would be here) like Bozak.

Or a good solid 4-5 defenceman with a decent prospect.

At this point though I have no idea what they will get back though.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby BigTuna » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:21 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

James Reimer 12 26 2.43 .923 1[/quote]

Big fucking deal. How has it gone for the Leafs the previous four years ater that hot starts ??[/quote]

The Leafs usually start badly and heart up in February. last season was the first time they got off to a good start.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat