The 2012/13 Canucks ..contender or pretender?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: The 2012/13 Canucks ..contender or pretender?

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:
Tciso wrote: I do agree that our 2nd line is dependent on Kesler, but imo, Booth is as good as Samuelsson was in his prime. Btw, Samuelsson's prime was when he was 31-33 years old, and Booth is only 27. I personally think that a health Booth/Kesler/Higgins 2nd line will be a thing of beauty. Booth goes to the dirty areas better then Samuelsson did, and should be just hitting his own prime. And, Hansen/Lapp/Kassian will do nicely as our 3rd line.
LMAO....Duuuuuude! You must be on a five day bender of the Tri-Cities pubs with ole Blobby Mac there. I know Blobby likes to end his benders on the floor of the bathroom of the Arms pub with a pant full of piss stain, if you make there, you ain't no lightweight for Blobby Mac is tough to keep up with on a bender.

Pea Brained Booth does not have the mental capacity to blame the crafty game that Samuelsson can play and does not, will not, can not shoot like Samuelsson can. Dirty areas??? You just described my biggest beef with floater Booth, he wouldn't know what to do in a dirty area if his life depended on it, the guy is a watcher and is always behind the play due to his shit anticipation zero puck possession skills. Booth, Mr. zero intensity has nowhere near the piss n vinegar competitive fire that Samuelsson has. Give me Samuelsson at half his prime over Booth any day of the week.

How long is it going to take some of you to wake up and smell the coffee....Booth and Kesler simply are not compatible players. Bottom line
Hey, I love that Sammy was a shooter. It took a while to develop, but he did bring the "shoot from anywhere" element to the team. And, yes, he was good defensively. But, imo, he was also pretty soft. One of the reasons he has always been a shooter is that he does not fight to get to the crease. Samuelsson -needs- the dirty guys who scoop in rebounds to be effective offensively. Booth can scoop them in, whether it's Kesler, Higgins (MayRay) or Samuelsson doing the shooting. Like I say, if all 3 are healthy, look out!!!
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I'm sure I love the dynamics of the line but as said above they never really played together when all of them were healthy, but then again the dude has never really cared about the facts.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Samuelsson was good defensively? :look: