Some Wolves highlights

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Some Wolves highlights

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Nice hit. Kind of reminds me of the Getzlaf on Hamhuis hit from a couple years ago, left his feet a lil.
Getzlaf rammed Hamhuis from behind. Not sure how those two hits were similar other than the location of the collisions.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

rats19 wrote:Hf boards are sticky about this Ap....not sure how Brian feels...I can ask ??
Might as well find out, I thought it was just Canucks related due to relationships he or the site had with the franchise.

Like I said though, I could be wrong.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I would've posted it but u can pay to view on the AHL site so thought it best to keep it private. If brian approves i will next game...
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Well, both recipients of the hits just got blindsinded from behind the net.

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Getzlaf rammed Hamhuis from behind. Not sure how those two hits were similar other than the location of the collisions.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

To me, the Kassian hit seemed more like Torres on Seabrook, or Bertuzzi on Jackman:

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Well, both recipients of the hits just got blindsinded from behind the net.

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Getzlaf rammed Hamhuis from behind. Not sure how those two hits were similar other than the location of the collisions.
Getzlaf extended his elbow but Kassian did not. Anyhow, I am glad that the Canucks might finally have a Bertuzzi's replacement. :twisted:
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Jovocop wrote: I am glad that the Canucks might finally have a Bertuzzi's replacement. :twisted:
I have never been a fan of that comparison TBH. I like Kassian but there is a huge gap in skill level between the two players.

In his prime Bert was a first rate, all star, power forward. Zack really doesn't have that type of offensive upside but he has enough skill to play a meaningful role in this league.

Kassian in my mind is more of a 35 to 45 point 2nd 3rd line type who can bring real toughness and intimidation to the top part of your roster.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Jovocop wrote: I am glad that the Canucks might finally have a Bertuzzi's replacement. :twisted:
I have never been a fan of that comparison TBH. I like Kassian but there is a huge gap in skill level between the two players.

In his prime Bert was a first rate, all star, power forward. Zack really doesn't have that type of offensive upside but he has enough skill to play a meaningful role in this league.

Kassian in my mind is more of a 35 to 45 point 2nd 3rd line type who can bring real toughness and intimidation to the top part of your roster.
I will be delighted if this comes to fruition pot...:)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Potatoe1 wrote:

Maybe I should be more precise. I really meant Kassian replacing Bert's size and occasional big hits. When the old Bertuzzi was forechecking, defensemen had to watch out (ask Jackman). As for Kassian, scoring 35-45 pts while bringing the size and grit that the Canucks have been lacking ever since Bert's departure would be great.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Actually, if Kass can develop into a Shane Doan type of player, I'd be really happy. Yeah, not sure if Kass has the skill set to pop in 40+ goals in a career year, but If he can be a consistent 20-30 goal guy like Doan, I'd be really happy with that. One of the reasons I really wanted Doan here. Doan can play that role right away, take some pressure off Kass and serve as a mentor for our young power forward.

Potato1 wrote: In his prime Bert was a first rate, all star, power forward. Zack really doesn't have that type of offensive upside but he has enough skill to play a meaningful role in this league.

Good point about the Torres hit comparison, I was kind of thinking about that one too.
Southern_Canuck wrote:To me, the Kassian hit seemed more like Torres on Seabrook, or Bertuzzi on Jackman:
S_C
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:If anyones interested, I have the live stream and can give u the address. PM me
Edit: Kassian just scored his first while posting this...
Illegal live streams are not allowed to be posted on this site. Brian gets some benefits from the Canucks and does not want to jeopardize this. Feel free to use the PM system for this info, though.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Looks like Kass had a great game in the first game vs Abbotsford. He scores in the rush.

And he shows some soft hands with a nice goal in the shootout.

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Great shot and a slick shoot out goal. Also apparently had a fight and not surprisingly he he won.

It's early but Kass is looking great so far.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Potatoe1 wrote:

I still think this kid is a Ryane Clowe or a Milan Lucic type . He probablyisn't quite the fighter Milan is, but I see no reason he can't be a solid top 6 forward and hit 50- 60 points a season.

I wouldn't be devastated if he is a 35- 45 point 2nd/3rd line tweener who hits like a truck but I believe his ceiling could be a bit higher depending on how hard he wants to work.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

I watched the game, and came away impressed with Kassian (and also Pinizzotto, Lack, and Schroeder)

I had read questions about Kassian's skating ability, so I was surprised that he was a better skater than I expected. Certainly a better skater than Lucic - but not a speedster... still above average.

The other thing that impressed me was his possession in the offensive zone - and not just along the boards, but handling the puck in open ice as well. I hate to say it, but he reminded me of Pyatt with this.

The best part was driving the net and showing some hands on his goal, and later a nice deke on his shootout goal.

Oh, and he won his fight, and looks like at least an average fighter.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!