Best Canucks Lineup

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bertuzzi - Orland Kurtenbach - Cam Neely
Curt Fraser - Tiger Williams - Ron Delorme
Gino Odjick - Rick Rypien - Donald Brashear
Shawn Antoski - Craig Coxe - Alexander Stojanov (goon line)

Robert Dirk - Garth Butcher
Pat Quinn - Harold Snepsts
Chris McAllister - Dana Murzyn

Dan Cloutier
Garth Snow

:drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Strangelove wrote:Todd Bertuzzi - Orland Kurtenbach - Cam Neely

Chris McAllister Dana Murzyn

Dan Cloutier
Garth Snow

That might be a decent AHL team (smile)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Potatoe1 wrote: That might be a decent AHL team (smile)
Twould be a BLOODY entertaining NHL team imho.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Strangelove wrote:
Kinda like the Keenan years.

We had loads and loads of toughness and about half the talent you need to win.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

And Keenan for coach...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dan Cloutier
Garth Snow

Gerald Diduck, arguably one of the toughest D-men in the history of this team's defense and you have those lousy figthers ahead of him??? Murzyn??? Doc, the Murzyn I remember was the Dale Weise of yesteryear. I used to close my eyes every time he fought. Butcher was a comedy show every time he fought, I'm a huge Butcher fan but his fighting skills were not great. Diduck was a great scrapper.

Have you forgotten about Jack McIlhargy?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:

Dan Cloutier
Garth Snow

Gerald Diduck, arguably one of the toughest D-men in the history of this team's defense and you have those lousy figthers ahead of him??? Murzyn??? Doc, the Murzyn I remember was the Dale Weise of yesteryear. I used to close my eyes every time he fought. Butcher was a comedy show every time he fought, I'm a huge Butcher fan but his fighting skills were not great. Diduck was a great scrapper.

Have you forgotten about Jack McIlhargy?
I thought about McIlhargey, ranked him 7th but I shoulda ranked him 8th because I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT DIDUCK! So yeah, good call on Diduck Dude. I know Murzyn was a human punching bag, but I put him in there because he was one of the dirtiest meanest SOBs ever (and hey he always tried to back it up). I figured there were plenty of players in that lineup to jump in. :) I thought Butcher was a solid fighter, but I especially liked how he never hesitated to drop the gloves with any-and-every-one. If you messed with a Canuck while he was on the ice, Butcher would jump you immediately. Not sure if he holds the record for most fights by a Canuck ever but he must be right up there with Snepstsy.

But yeah, Diduck....

Chris McAllister - Gerald Diduck
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah, pound for pound I would say that Diduck was the toughest D-man this team has seen. there was a period there when he was at his fighting prime where it was hard for him to find any willing combatants. Not many fighters out there who were all that thrilled to be fighting him at that point. He definitely had the respect of the league their for awhile. When Bieksa was younger I thought he was going to be our new Diduck but he is nowhere near the fighter Diduck was.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote: Gerald Diduck, arguably one of the toughest D-men in the history of this team's

I liked Diduck but he actually played behind Murzyn when he was here.

For all the flack he took, Murzyn was on the top pairing with Lumme for 2 or 3 first placed canuck seasons in the early 90's.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Strangelove wrote:

The Burrard Street Bullies? would make the old Philly team look like kittens :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Potatoe1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Gerald Diduck, arguably one of the toughest D-men in the history of this team's

I liked Diduck but he actually played behind Murzyn when he was here.

For all the flack he took, Murzyn was on the top pairing with Lumme for 2 or 3 first placed canuck seasons in the early 90's.
I liked Murzyn as well, a huge fan of Dana really, but he was nowhere near the fighter Diduck was, not even close, complete opposites in fact. We are talking apples and oranges here. Murzyn will probably go down as the greatest punching bag of all time, with Oreskovich and Weise not too far behind, but I loved Murzyn, he always stuck up for his teamates, well, at least he tried sticking up for his teamates, it never ended well for him.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

My all time Canucks Dream Team

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Bure
Naslund-Ronning-Bertuzzi
Neely-Kesler-Linden
Brashear-Lappierre-Sandlak

Ohlund-Aucoin
Edler-Salo
Allen-Diduck

Luongo
McLean
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Potatoe1 wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Interesting how many people have included Neely based on his play in Boston (certainly not in Van) yet have excluded Messier & Sundin. (explanation not required)
Yeah I kind of agree. The list should be based on how they played in a Canuck uni.

Swap Neey with Bertuzzi for my team, not sure why I missed him in the first place.
Just imagine if Bertuzzi was in his prime and on that line during the Cup run.....there would have been NO speedbagging Daniel or Marchand would have been picking his teeth up off the ice.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Southern_Canuck wrote:On Neely, I get that his best years weren't as a Canuck, but come on - who wouldn't want to have one of the best power forwards of all time on right wing with the Sedins? Neely was a pretty smart player as well, so I think the line would have had chemistry.
Well then you have to put your bias aside and put Messier in that lineup as well....who wouldn't want him in his prime?!? Guy was freaking scary and one of the top 2-way centers of all time. He and Sundin are HOF material all the way. Imagine a line of Sundin-Messier-Neely if you will, holy shit! If you look at their full NHL careers, Messier may be the most impressive Canuck of all time....in that sense. I know, a hard pill to swallow...I can't stand the fuck either. But lets call a spade a spade here, the guy was damn good.

Frick, while we're at it....if we're going to include Neely we'd HAVE to include Krutov. The guy was AMAZING when he was on the Red Army. Left LaFleur holding his jockstrap going end to end against Team Canada in '81. Ask Larionov how amazing Krutov was before he came here, guy was a stellar talent....one of the best in the world.
Last edited by ClamRussel on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

True, Bert would of been a deterent; however, Marchand had some big buddies looking over his shoulder (ie - Lucic, Thornton, Chara) which gave him the guts to play like a pesky rat. Not sure if Bert would of been enuff, but then again, Bert could always give Marchand a Steve Moore. :lol:

ClamRussel wrote:Just imagine if Bertuzzi was in his prime and on that line during the Cup run.....there would have been NO speedbagging Daniel or Marchand would have been picking his teeth up off the ice.