Kesler Return From Rehab Pushed back to Jan at Earliest

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Kesler Return From Rehab Pushed back to Jan at Earliest

Post by FAN »

The Sedins, in particular Henrik, have been remarkably consistent. I would like to think that the Sedins' drop in production last season has a lot to do with Kesler and the increased clutching and grabbing. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Sedins' best two statistical seasons coincided with Kesler's best two statistical seasons. Then again, it could be the Cup (finals) hangover.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I have to believe that playing as a one line team is a lot more difficult than a two line team. Without the second line firing on all cylinders the oppositions put's all their eggs in one basket shutting down the Sedins. The question is with 3 major injuries in 12 months is Kesler physically breaking down

With Kesler being in the fortunate position of being paid during the lock out I wonder if he'll share his wealth with other NHLPA members not so fortunate and keep up the one all and all for one theme ...it only seems fitting, comrades in arms etc etc :D yeah right
cheers
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:I have to believe that playing as a one line team is a lot more difficult than a two line team. Without the second line firing on all cylinders the oppositions put's all their eggs in one basket shutting down the Sedins. The question is with 3 major injuries in 12 months is Kesler physically breaking down

With Kesler being in the fortunate position of being paid during the lock out I wonder if he'll share his wealth with other NHLPA members not so fortunate and keep up the one all and all for one theme ...it only seems fitting, comrades in arms etc etc :D yeah right
Well he shouldn't need to do that, the players are already filthy rich having fucked over the owners on the last CBA they are rolling in the owners money. :D
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Actually I was a little more distracted by the fear that I was gonna have my comment mistaken for a comparison between Bure and Kesler and have my mongoloidness pointed out again lol
You piss on the Flames logo. Mongoloid or not, you are still above being a Flames fan :)

"
MONGOLOID HE WAS A MONGOLOID
AND HE WORE A HAT
AND HE HAD A JOB
AND HE BROUGHT HOME THE BACON
SO THAT NO ONE KNEW
(he was a ) MONGOLOID, MONGOLOID
" Words and Music by DEVO
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Tciso wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Actually I was a little more distracted by the fear that I was gonna have my comment mistaken for a comparison between Bure and Kesler and have my mongoloidness pointed out again lol
You piss on the Flames logo. Mongoloid or not, you are still above being a Flames fan :)

"
MONGOLOID HE WAS A MONGOLOID
AND HE WORE A HAT
AND HE HAD A JOB
AND HE BROUGHT HOME THE BACON
SO THAT NO ONE KNEW
(he was a ) MONGOLOID, MONGOLOID
" Words and Music by DEVO
I f@ckin love that song. Lol :rofl:
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

ukcanuck wrote:Well he shouldn't need to do that, the players are already filthy rich having fucked over the owners on the last CBA they are rolling in the owners money. :D
Not the spirit of unionism I expected from you UK, workers of the world unit, brother snd sisters, together we stand, all for one, yaddah yaddah yaddah :lol:
cheers
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Well he shouldn't need to do that, the players are already filthy rich having fucked over the owners on the last CBA they are rolling in the owners money. :D
Not the spirit of unionism I expected from you UK, workers of the world unit, brother snd sisters, together we stand, all for one, yaddah yaddah yaddah :lol:
I think your sarcameter might be broken...

....or maybe mine is I can't tell anymore .....lol
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL ... Aaron Rome wasn't even playing in the playoffs. Alberts/Ballard /pylon replaces him. As mentioned Jason Garrison more than replaces Sami Salo. A lot will shake out from the potential trades of a couple players once the lockout is settled.
Rome played in game 1.. was replaced by Ballard to give more offence next game .. ( It didn't work :( ) Alberts was a healthy scratch for the playoffs..

Not convinced that Garrison has the skill set to replace Salo defensively.. Hoping you are right.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

ukcanuck wrote: I think your sarcameter might be broken...

Hey I just think it's funny ...simple

It's like the old joke about the Butler who regularly attended a communist party meeting on his weekly night of and then stopped attending suddenly when asked why he said it had been suggested that any personal savings over $7000 should be donated to the party or new Government wehn they took power..... as I had more than $7000 I decided this was not for me any longer
cheers
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: I think your sarcameter might be broken...

Hey I just think it's funny ...simple

It's like the old joke about the Butler who regularly attended a communist party meeting on his weekly night of and then stopped attending suddenly when asked why he said it had been suggested that any personal savings over $7000 should be donated to the party or new Government wehn they took power..... as I had more than $7000 I decided this was not for me any longer
:D
porp
CC Veteran

Post by porp »

I don't believe that the Sedin's statistical decline had very much to do with a drop off in skills or ability. A lot of times it was more a combination that they were being predictable and that the opposition treated them as bona fide stars and knew that they could get away with dirty crap.

In my mind the Sedin's had another positive development year. I just wish that they'll learn the physical side eventually. Like Kesler's play, their current play is just asking for punishment night in and night out leading to inevitable injuries. If I was Canucks brass, I'd ask them train in MMA during the work stoppage.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

And now, it looks like February or March...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=411615
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Milkin' that insurance $$$
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Kesler will be good to go. As indicated, the longer the prognosis for a return the longer he collects insurance. So as long as one doctor says, well, he needs more time to be 100% then he still collects. Bet your bottom dollar that if the season starts he will be at training camp, 99% healed :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Benjo wrote:Milkin' that insurance $$$
Only a fool wouldn't. I am glad the strike is on, from a healthy Kesler perspective, as guys like him usually rush back, and play during the last half of their recovery, instead of resting, and typically never seem to heal back to 100%.