Kesler Return From Rehab Pushed back to Jan at Earliest

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Kesler Return From Rehab Pushed back to Jan at Earliest

Post by Hockey Widow »

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Ryan+ ... story.html

Can't rehab the shoulder without the wrist and can't rehab the wrist without the shoulder so it has been slow going for him and he is behind in where he and the team thought he may be. Early Jan is the new target but one gets the sense he won;t rush back this time around. If we have a season starting in January I am fine with him getting ready for the playoffs. All we have to do is make the dance.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Kesler Return From Rehab Pushed back to Jan at Earliest

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hmmm... not good. If the NHL comes back any time soon, hopefully we can get a temporary fill in player like an Arnott (if he's still available) or even a guy like Fatkid Wellwood. :lol: Someone with some experience and a lil more skill than LapDawg or Manny.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

The team has been developing Scroeder for the last 2 years for exactly this possability, I'm presuming he gets the first call. If the season does start without Kesler it might be the best thing that has happened to the club having a fully healthy Kesler for the play-offs

If Kesler is injured does this mean he remains on full salary ?? :lol:
cheers
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ryan Kesler for Jamie Benn.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Not being pessimistic but the chances of having a season before January is very slim. It might be the best thing for Kesler because he has no reasons to rush back this time... :(
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Or maybe he just wants to get paid during the lockout... not saying he could come back if the season started tomorrow, but if there is a season in say, November, I could see that wrist and shoulder feeling A LOT better.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Silver lining of lockout, no forced early return from injury. Jan is perfect timing, just as season starts up.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Short lockout or long lockout don't expect much of anything from Kesler until the 2013/14 season.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

tantalum wrote:Short lockout or long lockout don't expect much of anything from Kesler until the 2013/14 season.
Don't know about you, but I'd be alright with that if we get back the Kesler that nearly destroyed Nashville all by himself.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

ukcanuck wrote:
tantalum wrote:Short lockout or long lockout don't expect much of anything from Kesler until the 2013/14 season.
Don't know about you, but I'd be alright with that if we get back the Kesler that nearly destroyed Nashville all by himself.
Love to see that... but doubt he will ever equai that performance again.. I also have fears that this years edition of the Canucks will be much worse than the last 2 seasons editions.. Loss of Kesler.. inadequate replacement of Salo and Rome and I expect the Sedins production to decline.. When we have to pin our hopes on guys like Schroeder who has never played in the nhl and Kassian with his limited experience we are in trouble.. With the other teams in our division getting better I can't see another Presidents trophy.. and can see another early playoff exit.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Fred wrote: If Kesler is injured does this mean he remains on full salary ?? :lol:
That post was yesterday, I swear the media reads this forum, this appears in the Sun this morning :D

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hock ... story.html

Maybe the question we should be asking is this. The injury that suffered happened at the mid point of last season should he have had it attended to immiediatley so he could make an impact in the play-offs or did he defer it until the end of the season to make sure he did OK during the inevitable lock out :lol:
cheers
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Great post Tant a voice of reason as always...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
The problem with that Kesler UK....he gets hurt playing that style...anyone would..75-80% of that that guy would be max....and possibly sustainable. But as Tant says..not likely till 13/14
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
The problem with that Kesler UK....he gets hurt playing that style...anyone would..75-80% of that that guy would be max....and possibly sustainable. But as Tant says..not likely till 13/14
The situation kind of reminds me of Bure, I remember thinking that his was destined to be a short career, once his legs went as they inevitably do, how does he reinvent himself? I think Kes is faced with the same dilemma, he doesn't need to consistently drive through three guys all hell bent for leather every play every game, he just needs to be able to cash in on the threat that he can. Develop the cagey old warrior mindset with a healthy body and 75-80% animal Kes will do nicely. IMO...
If that's what we get back next year I'm happy
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Many players adjust their style. I think he'd benefit from having a play maker with him
cheers