Oils owner in seattle....?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Oils owner in seattle....?

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove"]Hmmm perhaps we should have a CFL forum and force everyone to post in it! :D

That is funny doctor :sly:
I like the wider field in the CFL. I like it a LOT. For that reason I prolly watch as many CFL as NFL games (not many). I was a huge Lions fan as a kid, now it's meh. Obviously NFLers are the better footballers, even if they are mostly a pack of... ummm... gangsters.... hopped up on cocaine. :mex:
My opinion is a simple one...I like both.. I understand CFL is not the same talent level...but its still good football to watch.. I love my Lions...*whispers* i like the seahawks.... :blush:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:Hmmm perhaps we should have a CFL forum and force everyone to post in it! :D

I like the wider field in the CFL. I like it a LOT. For that reason I prolly watch as many CFL as NFL games (not many). I was a huge Lions fan as a kid, now it's meh. Obviously NFLers are the better footballers, even if they are mostly a pack of... ummm... gangsters.... hopped up on cocaine. :mex:
Betcha had a peanut butter glass as a kid.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Betcha had a peanut butter glass as a kid.
I don't even know what that means...

THAT'S how young I am!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:

THAT'S how young I am!
A Dirty lie, you're only 30.

Be honest, the dog ate it.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Dirty 30.
Nope dunno who that is....
____
Try to focus on someday.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

although i am not a huge football fan i do watch the Lions regularly...having been to most CFL cities in Canada i find myself being able to relate better to the teams and the fans as we have a common interest...the NFL is a better league with better players...but it does not appeal to me at all...as Stangelove said earlier...too many ganstas hopped up on coke...and steroids...you can take the boy outta the ghetto but you cannot take the ghetto outta the boy...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:

THAT'S how young I am!
These glasses were distributed by the Wm. S. Scull Co. Inc. of Camden, New Jersey in the 1950's and came in 3 different sizes with a variety of Floral, Birds, Butterfly, Dog, Fruit and Christmas decals

fuck...even I didnt have one of those....Fred??
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

THAT'S how young I am!
These glasses were distributed by the N. M. Scull Co. Inc. of Camden, New Jersey in the 1950's

fuck...even I didnt have one of those....Fred??
Guaranteed Fred had one.

Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Sorry to disappoint 8-)
cheers
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Dont know about those glasses,but I do remember Joe Kapp pitching Squirrel peanut butter. He should have hit Mosca over the head with one.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

To update this thread, Edmonton city council have voted unanimously to stop negotiations with Katz after he refused to show up on Tuesday to present his case to them in person and instead released a statement to the media that is not too kind to the folks on the other side of the table ("perhaps with more .. political leadership this deal can still be saved").

There's no way these two sides don't get a deal done in the end, but hopefully things get uncomfortable enough to have Oilers fans squirming a little bit.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Not only that but, "Final approvals given for arena deal in Seattle"
SEATTLE -- The King County Council and the Seattle City Council gave their final approval Monday to an agreement to build a $490 million basketball and hockey arena in the city, despite the threat of a lawsuit from longshore workers.

The County Council approved it unanimously, while the City Council voted 7-2. Both bodies had previously OK'd different versions of the deal.

"This is a very good financial plan here," said County Councilman Reagan Dunn, a Republican who earlier had concerns about the deal. "It's been well thought-through."

Mayor Mike McGinn called the votes important steps toward bringing professional men's basketball back to Seattle.

Hedge fund manager Chris Hansen is leading a group that wants to build the $490 million arena near the existing Mariners and Seahawks stadiums with $200 million in public financing. The public investment would be paid back with rent money and admissions taxes from the arena, and if that money falls short, Hansen would be responsible for making up the rest. Other investors include Microsoft Chief Executive Steve Ballmer and two members of the Nordstrom department store clan.

Seattle's old NBA team, the SuperSonics, moved to Oklahoma City in 2008 and became the Thunder, devastating its fans here. It's been quite a bit longer since Seattle had major-league hockey: The Metropolitans, who won the Stanley Cup in 1917, disbanded in 1924.

Hansen, of San Francisco, is a Seattle native, an early investor in Facebook and a big Sonics fan who approached McGinn last year about building a new arena to attract an NBA team and hopefully an NHL team as well. KeyArena, where the Sonics played, is considered outdated and financially unviable.

Under the deal, the arena proposal will undergo an environmental review that could take a year. The review will also look at whether other sites, including Seattle Center, where KeyArena is, should be considered.

But that's not good enough, members of two International Longshore and Warehouse Union locals said Monday. The agreement between Hansen and the city goes too far by presuming the arena will be built in the neighborhood south of downtown, where increased traffic could choke freight shipments at the Port of Seattle, they said.

By essentially picking the site before an environmental review is done, the deal reverses the steps required by the State Environmental Policy Act, the unions said. They threatened to sue to block the deal once it's signed by McGinn and King County Executive Dow Constantine.

"The cart's been thrown before the horse here," said Max Vekich, a member of ILWU Local 52 and co-chair of Save Our SoDo Jobs. Using a football metaphor, he added: "We want to throw a red flag here and ask for instant review."

The unions pointed to a previous case in which Seattle approved plans for developing mixed-income housing at Fort Lawton, a former military site near Discovery Park, without providing for proper environmental review under state law. Neighbors in the Magnolia neighborhood sued, and an appeals court blocked the project.

Quoting an earlier decision, the appeals court wrote that the law's purpose "is to provide consideration of environmental impact factors at the earliest possible stage to allow decisions to be based on complete disclosure of environmental consequences. Even if adverse environmental effects are discovered later, the inertia generated by the initial government decisions (made without environmental impact statements) may carry the project forward regardless. When government decisions may have such snowballing effect, decision-makers need to be apprised of the environmental consequences before the project picks up momentum, not after."

But Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes argues the agreement does not bind the city into building the arena at any particular site, and says the agreement calls for a full environmental review as demanded by state law, as well as an analysis of effects on traffic and port operations.